9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

The Red Sox are doing so much better than the Blue Jays. Thank goodness April is over and they started May out well by beating the Yankees! We drove to Boston from Halifax and stayed in Woburn and took the train in everyday. I don't think you will have a problem booking the Fenway Park tour. We just booked tickets online a couple of days before. I think the tours run daily and are about an hour long. The times etc are listed on the website. You even get to go behind the Green Monster. We were disappointed that the Red Sox were on the road when we were there but now we have an excuse to go back to Boston maybe when the Jays are playing. We were sure that the Sox were going to sign Edwin Encarnacion to replace David Ortiz so we were somewhat surprised that he ended up in Cleveland.

From what I read -- they may not give tours on game days, so you were lucky. Unfortunately, our tour is scheduled on a game day, although the game isn't until 7 p.m. Next time they play the Blue Jays, I'll be thinking of you rooting for the Red Sox to lose ;)

I've been a fan since 1966, when I used to watch the games with my Dad in Rhode Island. Back then my favorite was Yazstremski. I was one of the ones who stayed faithful until they finally broke the curse -- and then all of a sudden everyone was a fan LOL.

I've only seen them at Fenway once -- in 1968, and they lost to the Oakland A's 21-7! Then I saw them play the Phillies and they lost; then we saw them in Anaheim play the Angels right before our PC cruise, and they lost! My husband doesn't think I should go see them in person anymore. I was beyond relieved when they decided to keep Fenway and just expand it. I hope to get up there for a long weekend and some games when I retire next year.

I received a response from DCL:

"At this time, we are still busy working on the Magical Port Adventure experiences that will be offered on your cruise. Once your window opens in order for you to pre-reserve your adventures, all that are being offered will display (based on availability)."

I'm not sure they understand that people would like to review available options prior to making a decision when our booking windows open up. Here is my follow up response:

"I am glad to read that the options will be available when the booking window opens, but we like to have some time to digest what offerings will work for us and allow us to be ready to finalize those decisions at opening.

I think it would be beneficial for your platinum guests (who have first choice) to have port adventure visibility at least one week prior to May 19."

Will happily add you to page one. And welcome aboard! Two things, can you either provide me your stateroom number or a stateroom category; and do you want to be part of the postcard exchange?
Thank you so much! We have a GTY 9C stateroom, and would love to be part of postcard exchange. I appreciate the welcome:)

From what I read -- they may not give tours on game days, so you were lucky. Unfortunately, our tour is scheduled on a game day, although the game isn't until 7 p.m. Next time they play the Blue Jays, I'll be thinking of you rooting for the Red Sox to lose ;)

I've been a fan since 1966, when I used to watch the games with my Dad in Rhode Island. Back then my favorite was Yazstremski. I was one of the ones who stayed faithful until they finally broke the curse -- and then all of a sudden everyone was a fan LOL.

I've only seen them at Fenway once -- in 1968, and they lost to the Oakland A's 21-7! Then I saw them play the Phillies and they lost; then we saw them in Anaheim play the Angels right before our PC cruise, and they lost! My husband doesn't think I should go see them in person anymore. I was beyond relieved when they decided to keep Fenway and just expand it. I hope to get up there for a long weekend and some games when I retire next year.
They do tours on game days but they stop the tours 3 hours before game time so you could still do a tour. We did the tour at 11:00 a.m and then found a little restaurant to have lunch. The Jays had a rotten outing and lost to the Yankees. My husband and I are big baseball fans and we have done several baseball road trips including spring training. Our goal is to visit every major league park. So far we have done 11. The only west coast park we haven't done is Dodger Stadium. A perfect excuse to go to Disneyland!!

Curious, if they do leave out of Dover, what ports do you think that might include?

See this is where I was starting to think it might be a 7 night cruise just going to St Johns and New York possibly or a couple of other stops but then when I googled actually found only 1 TA from Dover and that went to some interesting ports and was 17 nights!

Dover; Gravdal; Tromso; Honningsvag; Akureyri; Reykjavik; Halifax; New York City.

Someone elsewhere said it was very unlikely to do Norway but I think its quite possible if they do a longer cruise. I'd love a 17 night!

Thank you! I was able to send all my updates on the Panama Canal cruise just using the free MB and it was a longer cruise. I really appreciate that they do their internet by MB and not by time! I'll keep my eye out for the 2018 WBTA.

I think you just had to remember to sign up before Midnight the first night. I used mine just for online flight check in as was paranoid I'd use it all in advance but this year staying 1 night after so don't need to.

The pricing is supposed to be released this month, but we shall see.

I wish it would hurry up

"At this time, we are still busy working on the Magical Port Adventure experiences that will be offered on your cruise. Once your window opens in order for you to pre-reserve your adventures, all that are being offered will display (based on availability)."

I'm not sure they understand that people would like to review available options prior to making a decision when our booking windows open up. Here is my follow up response:

"I am glad to read that the options will be available when the booking window opens, but we like to have some time to digest what offerings will work for us and allow us to be ready to finalize those decisions at opening.

I think it would be beneficial for your platinum guests (who have first choice) to have port adventure visibility at least one week prior to May 19."

Fingers crossed they get back to you with something as that is crazy! This may be the only time that being Gold is more beneficial than Platinum

Now see I think that's silly reasoning. I find it hard to believe that Disney has not already nailed down the vendors and excursions they intend to offer in September. It's not like this is their first transatlantic cruise! I agree with you, I'd like to study what they are offering and have time to decide what to take and compare. Hope they get this all done for you guys before the first window opens for booking.

I will fix that right now. Sorry they can't make the trip either. Aanna, can you check page one and let me know which stateroom number should be removed and if everything else is okay. Thanks.

So sorry it took me so long to respond! Thank you -- you updated it perfectly. They were GTY, so no room to remove. :) You're the best!

So sorry it took me so long to respond! Thank you -- you updated it perfectly. They were GTY, so no room to remove. :) You're the best!

Oh, never a problem. Now you're making me blush :blush:

Even though I'm nearly a week behind on checking posts (BIG work project all finished up, though!), I, too, want to weigh in on the lack of excursion info. I'm a first time cruiser, so I've still got until July 3 for my window to open, and *I'm upset for the lack of info. I can only imagine how disconcerting it is for people who only have 2 weeks left.

It certainly makes non-Disney excursions much more interesting for the longer port days.

I sent that email two days ago. DCL's response so far: *crickets*. They were pretty quick to respond with their first answer. Honestly, if they can't get it together and give us enough time to make a decision before opening, we just might stick with HOHO buses in the ports.

Just all seems very weird! They must know by now who they are going to be using etc. I understand that they may not have confirmed every tour but having tours that specifically say "not available in 2017" makes me think none of the tours showing are accurate they are just the 2016 ones

Just all seems very weird! They must know by now who they are going to be using etc. I understand that they may not have confirmed every tour but having tours that specifically say "not available in 2017" makes me think none of the tours showing are accurate they are just the 2016 ones

Where are you seeing "Not available in 2017?" I was looking for that yesterday, trying to make some sense of things, but I couldn't find it. I suppose I should just chill until things are finalized, but, yeah, PLANNING!!!! :rolleyes:

Where are you seeing "Not available in 2017?" I was looking for that yesterday, trying to make some sense of things, but I couldn't find it. I suppose I should just chill until things are finalized, but, yeah, PLANNING!!!! :rolleyes:

It was in the T&Cs for the horse show in Cadiz hang on I will find it now

Its frustrating because although I don't fancy this one it makes me doubt all of them as surely that means that's been there since last year!

I'm sure they have some up that do not apply to us: certainly the 8 hour private car/van when we are only in port for 6 hours, for instance. I agree with you. While those are relatively easy to spot, others aren't. And simply looking at the length of time required is not necessarily a definite yes or no. Who knows how they might be able to shorten an excursion, or who says that one which *looks short enough might actually not be.

I hate unclear/missing info.

I'm sure they have some up that do not apply to us: certainly the 8 hour private car/van when we are only in port for 6 hours, for instance. I agree with you. While those are relatively easy to spot, others aren't. And simply looking at the length of time required is not necessarily a definite yes or no. Who knows how they might be able to shorten an excursion, or who says that one which *looks short enough might actually not be.

I hate unclear/missing info.

Yep! Although I can't book til early June I'm on holiday from next week for almost 3 weeks so I feel that this is going to be a rush to look at when I get back. I was hoping I was going to be all set for tours and ready to book. Ah well best laid plans and all that.

It was in the T&Cs for the horse show in Cadiz hang on I will find it now
Gismo, enjoy your holiday!! I, too, was disappointed that the horse show in Cadiz was not being offered through Disney so I decided to investigate another option. The horse shows are not presented on Mondays and Wednesdays which are the two days of the week that Disney stops in Cadiz in 2017 hence the tour is not available this year. I read that the town centre is only a short walk from the pier so we might just go on a photography walk in Cadiz as it is supposed to have amazing Moorish influenced architecture. Has anyone already done the HOHO tour in Cadiz? If I find anything really interesting, I will make sure to let everyone know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter