$99 AP "Bring a Friend" promotion

Yes, I did it Sunday and it was very easy. I got to the booth around 7am (on the Harbor side), walked right up, and had the ticket within minutes. They scanned my AP and my name was printed on the ticket; they never asked who the ticket was for and only asked if I wanted to add Maxpass. When we entered, they checked my AP to see that it matched the ticket, and that was it!
Did you add MaxPass, and if so, how much was it? The normal price?

Agreed. Last time I upgraded a park hopper to an annual pass it took 20 minutes at the ticket booth. The cast member was writing a novel. Took way too many keystrokes

My gosh, this made me laugh out loud. I had a similar thought when I was standing in line for an AP once. I was thinking, aren't they doing the same handful of transactions all day and everyday? Why did it feel like each situation was a unique scenario? As if they were selling timeshares or manually drawing up a contract?

I get the same feeling at airport ticket counters. If I'm trying to standby for an earlier flight or inquiring about any kind of change to my ticket, it feels it ought to be just a few clicks of a mouse (like at home or on the app). Instead, it feels like the ticket agent is composing a five page essay comparing the merits of connecting through DTW versus ORD.

Can you buy a ticket before the day you want to use it or only same day?

My gosh, this made me laugh out loud. I had a similar thought when I was standing in line for an AP once. I was thinking, aren't they doing the same handful of transactions all day and everyday? Why did it feel like each situation was a unique scenario? As if they were selling timeshares or manually drawing up a contract?
For SoCal residents who are doing the payment plan, they do in fact create contracts. It is time consuming for sure!

For SoCal residents who are doing the payment plan, they do in fact create contracts. It is time consuming for sure!
Can confirm. When I first bought my pass with the payment plan, it took about 25 minutes. And this was early in the morning with no lines. Plus their computers were very slow and wouldn't load things properly so the CM had to call a lead to fix something.

Can confirm. When I first bought my pass with the payment plan, it took about 25 minutes. And this was early in the morning with no lines. Plus their computers were very slow and wouldn't load things properly so the CM had to call a lead to fix something.
I just renewed my pass last week with the payment plan and using 3 separate methods for a down payment. It took barely 10 minutes. Now upgrading to the premier pass. I always allot for at least 20 minutes once I’m at the window.

I just renewed my pass last week with the payment plan and using 3 separate methods for a down payment. It took barely 10 minutes. Now upgrading to the premier pass. I always allot for at least 20 minutes once I’m at the window.

I swear it takes my Mom and I an hour every time we need to renew or purchase our Premier passes. I have no idea what they are doing, but they always screw something up (print on the wrong media, put in wrong dates, mess up the name).

I swear it takes my Mom and I an hour every time we need to renew or purchase our Premier passes. I have no idea what they are doing, but they always screw something up (print on the wrong media, put in wrong dates, mess up the name).
I’ve never had that issue but I have had them have to reprint it once because the ink was too light on the card.

Each AP Holder can purchase the promo 1 day park hopper for up to THREE people each day (which can include themselves if they are blocked out that day).

Silly question. As the AP, do I have to pay for the tickets? Am going to be meeting up with some family members to use the promotion later this month and wondering if I need to pay for the tickets. Ok if I do, they will just reimburse me. Good to know, I can buy them before they arrive since they are infamous for always arriving very late to things.

Silly question. As the AP, do I have to pay for the tickets? Am going to be meeting up with some family members to use the promotion later this month and wondering if I need to pay for the tickets. Ok if I do, they will just reimburse me. Good to know, I can buy them before they arrive since they are infamous for always arriving very late to things.
I don’t think it matters who pays for them, but the AP holder must be there at purchase and first entrance into the gate, according to the rules I read in the fine print. I don’t think you can buy them in advance as they are same day only, but not sure if you can buy without your family members there at the ticket window with you. You do have to go to the turnstiles with them.

Haven’t done it yet myself, but going later this month...

So I would assumed if I show up at 12:01am at ticket booth technically it's day of right?

No, your family member can pay. We did that this morning - my husband gave his passholder ID to the cashier and set it up, and our friend paid on his own card. You can only buy them the day of your visit, though, and each day of your visit.

No, your family member can pay. We did that this morning - my husband gave his passholder ID to the cashier and set it up, and our friend paid on his own card. You can only buy them the day of your visit, though, and each day of your visit.

I knew the tickets needed to be bought day of visit and for each of the days. I think I was just confused when someone said something about paying too, and that worried me. I could put it on my credit card and have them give me a check (not the first time we have done that for other things), but would prefer just to have them pay instead. Makes it cleaner and easier.

Can someone walk up to the ticket booth, purchase SoCal Select passes, get a blockout pass, AND get a guest in for $99?

In other words, could two people who had let their APs expire go to the park with guests, get a new AP and then two bring-a-friend passes?

So I would assumed if I show up at 12:01am at ticket booth technically it's day of right?

Hmm... I don't know that I would count on this but I guess you could try. At least one ticket booth stays open for 1 hour after park close so if Disneyland is open till midnight there will be a booth open.

Can someone walk up to the ticket booth, purchase SoCal Select passes, get a blockout pass, AND get a guest in for $99?

In other words, could two people who had let their APs expire go to the park with guests, get a new AP and then two bring-a-friend passes?

Hmm...that's an interesting question. I figure they issue the blockout pass for day of purchase of the AP because you could have entered anyway with a single or multi-day ticket and then chosen to upgrade. The thing with this AP offer though is that it is also good for the AP holder if it happens to be a blockout day for them. You are allowed to buy yourself a $99 ticket if you are blocked that day and still 2 additional $99 tickets for friends or family. So I wonder if they will just give you the free blockout ticket or insist you buy one of the $99 tickets for yourself.

Just curious if anyone has had any luck just asking (around the ticket booths or entry lines)and seeing if they can find a friendly AP holder to help them out and buy the $99 tickets through them. We’re going for one day next month. I know that we also have to enter with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter