A Birthday, Besties, and Bubbly...with Jen and Joe on the Go!!! 9/29 Link to New Report and We're Back Again!

Just finished catching up on the vlogs! I usually go to guest relations and fill out on e of the cards there. I completely agree how important cast compliments are. CMs works so hard to make the bubble magical.

Oga's was the best!! Love your VIP status and just seeing all of it is really making me look forward to experiencing it with Jack next summer.

Lastly, the couples tag was HILARIOUS!!! Bill and I so need to do this, lol!

Just finished catching up on the vlogs! I usually go to guest relations and fill out on e of the cards there. I completely agree how important cast compliments are. CMs works so hard to make the bubble magical.
Seriously, those masks and face shields alone warrant a compliment for each CM who has to wear one. That's got to be difficult!!!

Oga's was the best!! Love your VIP status and just seeing all of it is really making me look forward to experiencing it with Jack next summer.
We love it here. I know a lot of people think it's overpriced (which it is) but we always have so much fun!!!

Lastly, the couples tag was HILARIOUS!!! Bill and I so need to do this, lol!
Thank you!!!! We had so much fun completing it.

Sorry I was behind,but I'm all caught up now.

You're DHS day is really shaping up to be a great day. I keep debating doing Olga's and the Droid build. We're only going to be there half a day but you've made both very tempting.

September plans sound awesome. Can't wait to see how they pan out.

You're DHS day is really shaping up to be a great day. I keep debating doing Olga's and the Droid build. We're only going to be there half a day but you've made both very tempting.
It was the park I was dreading most (due to high crowd reports) but we ended up having an awesome day. I highly recommend both Oga's and the Droid building!!!

September plans sound awesome. Can't wait to see how they pan out.

Thank you. I'm so excited to be going back so soon.

Topolino's for Breakfast

Ok, let's start with the positives...We were seated right away and the food was exceptional, just like it was in January. Our server was good too. He was very sweet and allowed enough time between "courses" as to not be over or under attentive. He also brought me out a birthday treat (Yay! More pixie dust!) at the end of our meal.

Joe and I each started with a cappuccino. We also shared a fruit plate. For our entrees, Joe had Two Eggs Any Style, Roasted Potatoes, choice of Smoked Bacon, Ham, Sausage, or Plant-based Sausage. He was also given a choice of bread. I had the Sour Cream Waffles, Roasted Apples, Chantilly, Orange-Maple Syrup, choice of Smoked Bacon, Ham, Sausage, or Plant-based Sausage. We both chose bacon as our meat choice. We were also given an assortment of pastries, which were delicious as well. I absolutely love how they are served in a paint bowl. This is a prefixed menu so you can order as much as you want from the menu for $42. a person.

Now for the characters and the negatives...They still come around and do the same adorable dance they did pre COVID. However, there's no character interaction, which we knew going in. The problem is that they come around so fast that we found it very difficult to grab a socially distant picture. And, this was disappointing. We only managed to get a picture of Daisy. I know this may seem silly to some, but I really enjoy character pics.

Would I go back again? Probably not. I think I am done with character meals until they are back to normal. However, if this was my first time and I didn't know any better, I would say Topolinos is definitely the best character meal of all of them. Does that make sense?

Next up, we head over to Animal Kingdom, where we meet up with the besties!!!

7F718F7C-CDF3-4041-938B-E74E6FAFE9AB.jpegB6833936-BAA9-4A88-AF8F-0E76EF3C7DB7.jpeg592D6044-4FE6-44D0-8A24-7632E63E1964.jpeg08E7836E-2103-4783-91CC-3DBD00DEBAAC.jpegA29D00E2-C46E-4BEF-A8C8-8B4EDE089F79.jpeg7CD005B6-3707-4EF2-998D-0755E12F05A5.jpegC1D23F71-FB3B-4813-BCEF-973F54F4C7EA.jpeg343D2F53-6971-43D7-96C8-BCAF320E9F43.jpegEA0D8F03-09F3-42DA-BFF7-DC27C207F15B.jpegE4A3D3CB-3DB6-4C51-AA02-29652C386AA5.jpeg

Last edited:

Sorry to hear that Topolino's was a bit of a bust. I'm really surprised they are charging the same amount for what amounts to a character cavalcade through the restaurant. They definitely need to do a price adjustment until things get back to "normal"

That's too bad the characters came through so quickly. At least the food was good.

I hear there are going to be Halloween character cavalcades coming soon. Can't wait to see your photos and videos of that!

Food looks delicious but it’s pricey given that the experience has changed regarding characters. I need to catch up on your vlogs. They always brighten my day! :goodvibes

That was really nice of the bartender at Oga's to give you a complimentary drink for your birthday. It looks like you had a great time there. I would love to sit at the bar because there is so much to see there. :)

Your guessing game had some really hard questions, like favorite childhood Disney movie and least favorite ride. But otherwise, it is a fun game. :)

The breakfast at Toppolinos looks good but I agree that just having the characters walk around near you is just not good enough.

Enjoying the vlogs and TR. It is good Joe likes his whiskey, 😝 He had to take quite a few sips in the couples video, haha 😂
We really enjoyed Topolino’s breakfast in January. Meeting the characters was a big part of it.
I love the face you make in Oga’s when drinking the tongue numbing cocktail very funny!

Sorry to hear that Topolino's was a bit of a bust. I'm really surprised they are charging the same amount for what amounts to a character cavalcade through the restaurant. They definitely need to do a price adjustment until things get back to "normal"
I agree. The characters are a big part of that breakfast, so Disney should decrease the price!!!

That's too bad the characters came through so quickly. At least the food was good.
Yeah, I was a bit bummed. January was much better!

I hear there are going to be Halloween character cavalcades coming soon. Can't wait to see your photos and videos of that!
YES! I'm really looking forward to that. HOWEVER...I have a feeling they will definitely draw large crowds in the parks because that's something you really only get to see at MNSSHP.

Food looks delicious but it’s pricey given that the experience has changed regarding characters. I need to catch up on your vlogs. They always brighten my day! :goodvibes
The food was definitely delicious and the characters were definitely a bust. We won't be back any time soon...

The breakfast at Toppolinos looks good but I agree that just having the characters walk around near you is just not good enough.
I mean, I get it with COVID and all, but it's not the same...

Enjoying the vlogs and TR. It is good Joe likes his whiskey, 😝 He had to take quite a few sips in the couples video, haha 😂
LOL! He definitely wasn't complaining.

We really enjoyed Topolino’s breakfast in January. Meeting the characters was a big part of it.
I agree Caroline. Them just rushing by really took away from the experience. I liked it much more in January.

I love the face you make in Oga’s when drinking the tongue numbing cocktail very funny!
That was the strongest one I've had and my mouth was definitely feeling it. LOL!

Socially distant character meals definitely don't seem like the same, fun experience of a normal character meal :( But I'm glad the food/service was good enough!

I love your R2D2. I would have chosen that model, too. The original Star Wars movies are the "real" Star Wars to me. :) The AP discount makes the cost of the droid reasonable.

I hope the bartender at Oga's is wrong about September having normal crowds. I can't imagine Disney doing that already.

You had a nice view of the rain on Bay Lake. Was there a covered walkway to the garden wing from the main building?

I hope the bartender at Oga's is wrong about September having normal crowds. I can't imagine Disney doing that already.
I hope so too, but time will tell. We will be back in 11 days...

You had a nice view of the rain on Bay Lake. Was there a covered walkway to the garden wing from the main building?
Yes. It goes from the main building all the way to the garden wing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter