A Disney Princess & her SERIOUSLY grumpy bf.... A Pre-Trip Report!

What should DBF and I do on our free night?

• Mini Golf

• Hang at the Boardwalk

• Go back to a park and finish up anything we missed

• DTD

• Other... TELL ME WHAT!

Results are only viewable after voting.
:yay:Congrats on getting all your ADRs & don't worry about Rose & Crown at 7:10, that was the exact time we had last trip. We just told the cast member at check-in that we wanted a patio table with an Illuminations view & we were willing to wait, if necessary. He gave the usual "we can't guarantee a table but we'll see what we can do" speech. We got a wonderful table in the center of the patio with a perfect view & were finishing dessert just as Illuminations started. What magic.:cloud9:

My alarm went off at 6:50 this morning, and it took all I had in me to resist the temptation to turn over, and throw it on the floor. However, I have heard toooo many horror stories about people not getting ADRs or being on hold forever!

Ladies and Gentleman (if I have any gentleman readers..)- My ADR's have finally been made. I got everything I wanted, within an hour of the time I wanted it. Here's what I ended up with:

Saturday- Coral Reef- 6:50
Sunday- Ohana dinner- 5:00
Monday- Germany lunch- 1:40, Rose & Crown dinner- 7:10 (a bit nervous about this....I want to watch the fireworks from the R&C patio, I'm hoping I can draw out dinner long enough...)
Tuesday- Sci Fi 11:10, Fantasmic Dinner Package at 4:05- Brown Derby
Wednesday- Raglan Road 8:30
Thursday- Flying Fish 6:00
Friday- Le Cellier 11:30
Saturday- Boma 9:25
Sunday- T-Rex 12:00

I am so happy that I got everything! Was thinking about adding Tusker house one day at AK - do they even do lunch? That's it for now everyone...thanks for reading!:dance3::dance3:

Your ADRs look great!:woohoo: You will have to let us know how you liked T-Rex.

You look like you are having a lot of fun planning! I thought I was the only one that did PowerPoint presentations!:rotfl:

Your ADRs look great!:woohoo: You will have to let us know how you liked T-Rex.

You look like you are having a lot of fun planning! I thought I was the only one that did PowerPoint presentations!:rotfl:
:rotfl2: you aren't the only one I promise! Planning is half of the fun for me. Thanks for reading!

:yay:Congrats on getting all your ADRs & don't worry about Rose & Crown at 7:10, that was the exact time we had last trip. We just told the cast member at check-in that we wanted a patio table with an Illuminations view & we were willing to wait, if necessary. He gave the usual "we can't guarantee a table but we'll see what we can do" speech. We got a wonderful table in the center of the patio with a perfect view & were finishing dessert just as Illuminations started. What magic.:cloud9:
:worship::worship::worship: you made me feel a lot better about things!

Your ADR's look great! I have to stop reading about everyone's ADR's! I'm SO hungry for Disney food, darn it!
I'm hungry for Disney food too! Now I'm hitting a planning lull...I have nothing to plan for really, just trip preparation. I need ideas of what to do to fill my time!

called disney today..they said if need be, we could push our payment date 2 weeks back, as long as we stay in contact with them throughout the entire thing! I was all about it. That extra 2 weeks will really, really, really help us and now i am not worried at all. Just bored- I don't have anymore planning to do! I'm still trying to work out where to spend TS credits and where to pay out of our own pocket..trying to do it the most cost efficient way possible!

Whats up Shordiebecka, I have joined your PTR from the one I just started. Girl you are a planner, I wish I was as organized as you. I have 5 index cards with a little writing on each of them. I am glad your DBF is slowly coming around, I love how you tricked him. I don't know about you but I am pumped about T-Rex, my son is a Dinosaur addict so this is a suprise for him. :hippie:

Whats up Shordiebecka, I have joined your PTR from the one I just started. Girl you are a planner, I wish I was as organized as you. I have 5 index cards with a little writing on each of them. I am glad your DBF is slowly coming around, I love how you tricked him. I don't know about you but I am pumped about T-Rex, my son is a Dinosaur addict so this is a suprise for him. :hippie:

Welcome! Thanks for stopping by! I just love to plan & organize, so I think I take planning to the extreme! I am excited about T-rex also. No kids, but I love Dinos and DBF is the same way.

Hey Everyone! I don't really have much to update about..because I have no planning to do!

Any suggestions on things I can start doing? This is my list of things To do starting 2 months out (i have a few busy weekends coming up, so I'm taking a little break from hardcore planning now that ADR's are all set!)

Starting on May 25, I can officially start doing the following things:
-Mouse Keeping Envelopes
-Packing List
-Searching for cheap airfare
-Looking into Memories by Betsy basket
-Making/Deciding on room preferences
-Finalizing Budget

I need more Ideas! That will not hold me over! Anyone still reading? If you are, speak up and chime in :) Thanks!

I think it's time you check some airfare. I don't know where you want to fly out of but out of NY on jet blue you are looking around $300.... Bradley is around $380. Southwest out of NYC is $320 Bradley $270 but not direct. You can try Kayak.com..... They will compare all the airlines for you. (except Jet Blue and Southwest):goodvibes

I think it's time you check some airfare. I don't know where you want to fly out of but out of NY on jet blue you are looking around $300.... Bradley is around $380. Southwest out of NYC is $320 Bradley $270 but not direct. You can try Kayak.com..... They will compare all the airlines for you. (except Jet Blue and Southwest):goodvibes

So far, the cheapest that I've found is out of Providence, 270-ish each way. I'm hoping it stays there, because I don't think I will be buying airfare till the beginning of June- I am really afraid the prices will jump but I can't afford it till then :sad2:

So far, the cheapest that I've found is out of Providence, 270-ish each way. I'm hoping it stays there, because I don't think I will be buying airfare till the beginning of June- I am really afraid the prices will jump but I can't afford it till then :sad2:

What airline are you looking at? Keep in mind all the baggage charges. $15 here $20 there...it adds up pretty quickly!

Hopefully the prices will hold for a few weeks for you. You can go through the booking proces till you see what seats are left. If there are alot of seats left you should be ok... if there isn't .. well then..... ummm .. you know:scared1:

I thought that finding reasonable airfare was stressful, because I found all kinds of deals when I didn't have the money, but no sooner than I had the money I couldn't find anything cheap. I finally just setteled with SW because there are not extra fees for baggage, I just don't want to put out alot of extra money silly stuff when we go down to LBV because that is less souvenir money we will have.

I'm here still :cool1: I feel the same way...a lull in the planning! I feel like there is SO much more to plan when you go with kids! Are you planning to decorate your door or windows at all in your room? I can't decide if I should do this, since it'll just be DH and I and no kids!:confused3

ACTUALLY I JUST CHECKED KAYAK AGAIN-----

it is showing a flight on airtran for $219!!!!!!!!!
It is out of White Plains.. don't know if that is convenient for you though.
Here is the link!

http://www.kayak.com/s/flights.jsp?searchid=C6w8Pp&completed=true
Thanks for this link! I'm not sure about white plains..i live in southeastern CT, so it would be kind of far, but if i could find something cheap out of there I would be all for it!

I thought that finding reasonable airfare was stressful, because I found all kinds of deals when I didn't have the money, but no sooner than I had the money I couldn't find anything cheap. I finally just setteled with SW because there are not extra fees for baggage, I just don't want to put out alot of extra money silly stuff when we go down to LBV because that is less souvenir money we will have.

I hear ya! That is what will happen to me, I'm sure! I'm thinking of sticking with Southwest...

I'm here still :cool1: I feel the same way...a lull in the planning! I feel like there is SO much more to plan when you go with kids! Are you planning to decorate your door or windows at all in your room? I can't decide if I should do this, since it'll just be DH and I and no kids!:confused3

I do have so much less to plan without kids! It is frustrating! I don't think I'm going to decorate my door, i think DBF would kill me. I'm not going to overload him with Disney- obsession-esque type things the first time around :rotfl: I think if DBF will let you, you should totally go for it!!!!

shordiebecka: I am totally following this post all the way until after your trip! I too am dragging (moderately) DBF, but we are going in December/January. ...and if you think you're OCD, you're not alone!! I booked my flights and hotel in April (which is not crazy, I understand), and have been picking out restaurants and planning parks and rides ever since! DBF thinks I'm going to overplan and give him a ridiculous itinerary (which I probably will :goodvibes ). I love the conniving involved in your planning though -- you deserve an award! :thumbsup2 I think I might have to borrow your strategies to somehow convine DBF that he wants to go to breakfast with the princesses at Epcot......princess:

shordiebecka: I am totally following this post all the way until after your trip! I too am dragging (moderately) DBF, but we are going in December/January. ...and if you think you're OCD, you're not alone!! I booked my flights and hotel in April (which is not crazy, I understand), and have been picking out restaurants and planning parks and rides ever since! DBF thinks I'm going to overplan and give him a ridiculous itinerary (which I probably will :goodvibes ). I love the conniving involved in your planning though -- you deserve an award! :thumbsup2 I think I might have to borrow your strategies to somehow convine DBF that he wants to go to breakfast with the princesses at Epcot......princess:

:banana::banana: happy to have you here! You aren't crazy...if we are, we can all go to the loony bin and decorate our rooms with Disney things. We just love the mouse, that's all. Have you started a PTR? Would LOVE to check it out. Where are you guys staying?

No, I haven't started an official DIS board PTR yet, but I have started prepping a tour plan in a word doc, so maybe today I will have a chance to post on here as well. -- I'll put a link in my signature when I'm done! We are staying at POP, BTW.

And thanks for the reassurance that I'm not crazy!! -- we all need that sometimes!

Have you started a PTR? Would LOVE to check it out. Where are you guys staying?

I did post a PTR today! Check it out when you have a spare chunk of time!...and I say "chunk" because I posted it ALL! -- it'll take more than a few minutes for read the whole thing lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter