A Disney Princess & her SERIOUSLY grumpy bf.... A Pre-Trip Report!

What should DBF and I do on our free night?

• Mini Golf

• Hang at the Boardwalk

• Go back to a park and finish up anything we missed

• DTD

• Other... TELL ME WHAT!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just found your planning report, and I'm so busy with only one week of school left that I can't read it now. My bf has never been to Disney and for graduation I told him I want that as a present and nothing else...so we're going :D I can't wait to read about your boyfriend's lack of excitement and how you dealt with it so I'm subbing!

Hey, jumped over here from my PTR, it took me a while to get through the whole thing but I made it. So since I missed so much if it's ok I'll post some of my thoughts.
First I must say that I love the way you tricked your dbf. Luckily I didn't have to trick my dbf but as you know I'm trying to get him to really really like disney so we'll have to see how it goes!

Second, I love AKL! It was so great I wish I could stay there again but alas poor college student. I can't remember, have you ever been there before? If not you'll love it. I'm sure your dbf will love it too since he likes animals and all. :)

Third, So glad you got all of your ADRs. I hope you get the patio seating at Rose and Crown, illuminations is absolutely amazing there. I don't think you should have a problem with the time. Just tell them you want a very slow dinner and relax and enjoy your dinner. It's not like they can kick you out!

Fourth, Have to say that I love Memories by Betsy! I haven't actually gotten my basket from her yet, I'm using her for the first time on my trip down. I'm getting the basket for my dbf. But I have to say that she is sooo accomadating. I didn't really know what I wanted but I just emailed her his favorite disney movies and she gave me a bunch of ideas and then we fixed it until we got the basket just right. She is extremely helpful. I would def. recommend her if your looking for a personalized basket.

Fifth, Not sure if you decided to go to DTD or the boardwalk for your date night (sorry if you mentioned it and I missed it) but if you do go to DTD then may I suggest Ghiardelli's for dessert. I love chocolate and icecream and if you do too then I greatly suggest it.

I guess that's it for now but I do love your plans and such. I can't wait to hear more. I love how you write and your PTR is probably one of the most interesting to read.

Hey Everyone! I don't really have much to update about..because I have no planning to do!

Any suggestions on things I can start doing? This is my list of things To do starting 2 months out (i have a few busy weekends coming up, so I'm taking a little break from hardcore planning now that ADR's are all set!)

Starting on May 25, I can officially start doing the following things:
-Mouse Keeping Envelopes
-Packing List
-Searching for cheap airfare
-Looking into Memories by Betsy basket
-Making/Deciding on room preferences
-Finalizing Budget

I need more Ideas! That will not hold me over! Anyone still reading? If you are, speak up and chime in :) Thanks!

Hey There -

I wouldn't wait on looking for airfare until then. I know you can't purchase anything before then, but I'd have a good idea of the best time of day to look for price changes, see if you can figure out any trends or anything like that!

I'd also shoot Betsy an email if you're thinking about doing a basket. She'll certainly talk with you without a deposit or commitment or anything like that. Then you'll have an idea of the basket's cost, if you've got anything to be on the lookout for that you wanted to send down to be included in the basket, stuff like that.

My packing list evolves and changes every trip we pack! I agree with the other posters though about it (presumably) being much easier to travel without kids! I think I haul three times the stuff we need because of the boys! (and partly because I am a "what if" person and would rather have it than need it and not have it)

Keep your binder updated. They're releasing new codes and stuff for summer here on the DISboards (link on the main page with the codes). You could always see if any of those will work out better for you. There are also AP discounts too. You should be able to make the reservation without having the actual AP (unless they've changed it since the last time I made a reservation with our AP for a code).

I would do something on your door. The doors all start to look the same - it's helpful to have something about your room that sticks out to make it easier to find - just my opinion. :goodvibes

That's all I can think of right now. I'll come back though and add more if I think of them!

Your plans are looking really good! It's hard when there's so much time before the trip. It makes us think things over and over and want to make changes. It sounds like you're pretty set on things now though.
Good luck with the airfare. Would you ever think of driving? I know that we were going to drive, until we had to cancel our trip, but it was going to save us LOTS of money.
Your folder looks great too!!!

I finally read through your entire PTR, and wow...I thought I was a good planner! I love your binder and your powerpoints sound awesome. I would love to see them if you don't mind. I don't know if you've downloaded Ding from southwest, but it's a pretty cool program. Two non-stop, round trip flights for my trip in May were $380, and southwest has no fees.

I just found your planning report, and I'm so busy with only one week of school left that I can't read it now. My bf has never been to Disney and for graduation I told him I want that as a present and nothing else...so we're going :D I can't wait to read about your boyfriend's lack of excitement and how you dealt with it so I'm subbing!

Welcome! I understand- school takes up pretty much ALL of my time now also! Read it when you have a chance, or just start reading here...i won't be offended! Where are you graduating from again?

Second, I love AKL! It was so great I wish I could stay there again but alas poor college student. I can't remember, have you ever been there before? If not you'll love it. I'm sure your dbf will love it too since he likes animals and all. :)

Third, So glad you got all of your ADRs. I hope you get the patio seating at Rose and Crown, illuminations is absolutely amazing there. I don't think you should have a problem with the time. Just tell them you want a very slow dinner and relax and enjoy your dinner. It's not like they can kick you out!

Fourth, Have to say that I love Memories by Betsy! I haven't actually gotten my basket from her yet, I'm using her for the first time on my trip down. I'm getting the basket for my dbf. But I have to say that she is sooo accomadating. I didn't really know what I wanted but I just emailed her his favorite disney movies and she gave me a bunch of ideas and then we fixed it until we got the basket just right. She is extremely helpful. I would def. recommend her if your looking for a personalized basket.

Fifth, Not sure if you decided to go to DTD or the boardwalk for your date night (sorry if you mentioned it and I missed it) but if you do go to DTD then may I suggest Ghiardelli's for dessert. I love chocolate and icecream and if you do too then I greatly suggest it.

I guess that's it for now but I do love your plans and such. I can't wait to hear more. I love how you write and your PTR is probably one of the most interesting to read.
Thanks for coming to read my PTR!!!:banana: Okay, so yes I have stayed at AKL once before, LOVED it to pieces and I know DBF will love it..he actually choose AKL, I did the same power point type thing with various hotels (at the time we were thinking of staying off property and just going to AK), and when the AKL slide came up he was pretty much in love and that was the turning point into a full blown disney trip!!!

I totally would have contacted memories by Betsy already, but it says on her website that she doesn't accept any requests until 2 months out? I'm not at 2 months yet. But hey, if I misread it, i will be contacting her asap! I don't know what I could put in there thats not TOO disneyish- I really like the AKL basket they have on there, that's kind of cool. I'll post more about that some other time though :) And lastly, I still haven't decided about what to do with our "free night". It's either the boardwalk or DTD. If we go to DTD, we will go to ghiradelli's! But if we stay at the boardwalk, I was thinking Beaches and Cream for dessert. It's going to be a tough call!!!

Hey There -

I wouldn't wait on looking for airfare until then. I know you can't purchase anything before then, but I'd have a good idea of the best time of day to look for price changes, see if you can figure out any trends or anything like that!

I'd also shoot Betsy an email if you're thinking about doing a basket. She'll certainly talk with you without a deposit or commitment or anything like that. Then you'll have an idea of the basket's cost, if you've got anything to be on the lookout for that you wanted to send down to be included in the basket, stuff like that.

My packing list evolves and changes every trip we pack! I agree with the other posters though about it (presumably) being much easier to travel without kids! I think I haul three times the stuff we need because of the boys! (and partly because I am a "what if" person and would rather have it than need it and not have it)

Keep your binder updated. They're releasing new codes and stuff for summer here on the DISboards (link on the main page with the codes). You could always see if any of those will work out better for you. There are also AP discounts too. You should be able to make the reservation without having the actual AP (unless they've changed it since the last time I made a reservation with our AP for a code).

I would do something on your door. The doors all start to look the same - it's helpful to have something about your room that sticks out to make it easier to find - just my opinion. :goodvibes

That's all I can think of right now. I'll come back though and add more if I think of them!

Thanks for all your suggestions! Maybe I will do something on the door..just to know it's ours! And read my previous response about betsy..I thought you couldn't contact her till 2 months out?! Thanks for still reading!

Your plans are looking really good! It's hard when there's so much time before the trip. It makes us think things over and over and want to make changes. It sounds like you're pretty set on things now though.
Good luck with the airfare. Would you ever think of driving? I know that we were going to drive, until we had to cancel our trip, but it was going to save us LOTS of money.
Your folder looks great too!!!

DBF would kill me if we drove. We're from CT, so it would be a straight through, 20 hour trip in the car just me and DBF. You'd find me somewhere in the georgia area, stranded at a gas station because he would go crazy!!!!:rotfl: I did bring it up though. It was a no go!

I finally read through your entire PTR, and wow...I thought I was a good planner! I love your binder and your powerpoints sound awesome. I would love to see them if you don't mind. I don't know if you've downloaded Ding from southwest, but it's a pretty cool program. Two non-stop, round trip flights for my trip in May were $380, and southwest has no fees.

I would be happy to email you my planning pages, etc etc. PM me your e-mail address and I'll see what I can do! Is Ding a tracking program?

I will update later today or sometime this weekend, hopefully! We are having a "meet the parents" picnic on Sunday for Mother's day, our families are meeting for the first time...it's going to be realllll special!!!

I will update later today or sometime this weekend, hopefully! We are having a "meet the parents" picnic on Sunday for Mother's day, our families are meeting for the first time...it's going to be realllll special!!!

Well have a great time with that this weekend!! Hopefully all goes well! :flower3:

I've already emailed Betsy about our July baskets and I'm more than two months out. Maybe you could shoot her an email and let her know you saw on her site that it said two months out (I haven't been to her site in awhile since she's already one of my email contacts) but that you just wanted to check in ou prices and such as you're in the planning phase. I don't think she starts shopping until two months out - that would make sense to me. Or maybe she was just too nice to tell me to hold my horses! :rotfl: That's possible too! :goodvibes

Have a super weekend!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm actually not too far from you right now. I'm graduating from the University of New Haven, so really less than an hour away :) I've only been to Mystic once, but I loved it! I'll PM you with my e-mail as long as I can figure out how to haha! Have a wonderful time this weekend!

Oh and I forgot, Ding is a program from Southwest that lets you pick up to 10 airports I think and every couple of days they send you special deals for those airports. I've found some pretty good deals on there before.

You could def. contact betsy before 2 months out, she just doesn't start her shopping until then. But you can email her and start planning the basket and she'll price it for you. I contacted her about two months ago and I'm not going until August and she got my file and stuff ready so she has everything when the two months comes up. She is so helpful, I have to say I was a really annoying customer because my dbf is so picky with stuff and she was very accomadating. If you want to do some more planning (cause you know how us DISers love to plan!!!!) you could contact her and see what she could offer you. Remember you can custom make a basket with just about anything you want. I believe that you can also send her stuff to put in the basket if you want (anybody who's used her, please correct me if I'm wrong on this). Hope that helps!!!

Hey Everyone!

Thanks to everyone for the memories by Betsy info . I'm going to shoot her an e-mail today and see what she says!!!

So, the big family meet and greet went really well. There wer 30 people there at one point, from my family and his. No pictures, because I was to busy making sure everyone was content & happy!

I thought I would post some pictures from my last Disney trip, with some information on what I did, where I stayed, etc etc....it will be the next post! Before that though, I have one question..anyone know how to change the title of my thread?!?! I want to add on updated with _____ whenever I update...for all my loyal followers:laughing::laughing:

I'm super busy this week with school work, etc etc...so bear with me and i hope you guys keep checking in, because soon enough updates will happen more regularly!

Before that though, I have one question..anyone know how to change the title of my thread?!?! I want to add on updated with _____ whenever I update...for all my loyal followers:laughing::laughing:

The way I know how (and there may be an easier way) is to go to your first post and click edit, then advanced edit, and at the topish were you have the post title, the thread title should be there as well. :)

HI, I am only up to page 7 of your PTR, but I had to just post a quick not and tell you that you are a Disney genius, you have managed to make every angle work for you. KUDOS!!!!! Your plans sound great. Congratulations on the extra day. I laughed when you had to post (per DBF orders) that he is not that grumpy. My DH said he feels like I poke fun at him on my PTR just to get more posts. I told him not true, I poke fun at you for my own personal enjoyment, the posts from other DIser's is just the added perks.
I will continue reading now.

Ty

Hey, I was just wondering if I could also get a copy of your powerpoints. I wanted to do my own, but I've just been so busy and lazy! I'm starting to feel some pressure because we may be adding a day to our trip as well. Just let me know and I'll PM you my email.

Thank you!

HI, I am only up to page 7 of your PTR, but I had to just post a quick not and tell you that you are a Disney genius, you have managed to make every angle work for you. KUDOS!!!!! Your plans sound great. Congratulations on the extra day. I laughed when you had to post (per DBF orders) that he is not that grumpy. My DH said he feels like I poke fun at him on my PTR just to get more posts. I told him not true, I poke fun at you for my own personal enjoyment, the posts from other DIser's is just the added perks.
I will continue reading now.

Ty

thanks for coming by!!! i'm so glad you are enjoying things...it's fun to pick on our significant others through PTR's, it makes the whole process more fun!!

The way I know how (and there may be an easier way) is to go to your first post and click edit, then advanced edit, and at the topish were you have the post title, the thread title should be there as well. :)
Thanks! I'm going to try it soon..

Well, here is a little mini trip report from my last Disney Trip..one year ago :sad2: May 1-7, 2008 at All Star Sports. I went with my two friends, S and A, and my ex boyfriend and two of his friends. At the time, my ex and I were on the rocks and barely spoke to each other the whole trip, when we got back we broke up (which is a very good thing). I still had a blast, and just hung with my two girls the whole time! also, my parents were staying at PoR for this trip..they came in and out.

We flew out of Hartford early on the first, and were at AsSports by 12:00. We stayed in the Touchdown building (6 i believe), and loved it! We did not get adjoining rooms, though it was requested. We spent our first night at the Magic Kingdom, and loved it- didn't have any ADR's or anything. We saw Wishes and did Buzz Lightyear, Spash, thunder railroad, pirates of the carribean, space mountain and much more.

To be honest, I don't remember what we did on what days--- I can tell you where we ate, but it all gets jumbled lol! We ate at Tony's, Sci Fi Diner, Hollywood and Vine, Germany, UK, Japan, Raglan Road and counter service at all the places. All in all, it was a really fun trip- we saw all the night time shows, we did everything we wanted to see!

145.jpg

162.jpg

180-1.jpg

017.jpg

042.jpg

105.jpg

those are some of my favorite pictures...i didn't take a lot for some crazy reason!!!! This time, there will be tons of pictures, all in the form of a Trip Report. Almost only 2 months!!!

That's funny that DBF didn't want to drive. That's how my DH was until I told him that it would cost us under $200 r/t to drive as opposed to $1000 to fly. We are in Ohio and it's a 17 hour drive for us. Anyway, it's irrelevant for us now because we're not going this year.
You are going to have a GREAT time.

*Huff Huff* I'm here!

I am still reading, but am cracking up at your power point presentations:rotfl:

Oh-and AKL!! I am hoping to become DVC at AKV..We are going to celebrate our 11th anniversary on 11/11/11 at WDW with our wedding party and families and would love to be able to have everyone stay there! I can't wait to see what you think of it!

hello my loyal readers (anyone still there?)!

I would like to apoligize for neglecting to update my PTR. Life has been CRAZY between school & babysitting and family and bbq events and oh my gosh! I am going to try to start updating more.

Disney Related Updates: We are buying our plane tickets June 4 or 5. ADR's are all set, though I might try to change some times. contacted memories by betsy, and got a quote on a basket...unfortunately, I can't afford it right now, so hopefully when the time gets closer I will be able to! Okay, this is where I need help! I need an amazing packing list, I need some ideas for a general spreadsheet with park hours, and i need a question answered:

Currently I have reservations at Ohana at 5:00 on a MK EMH day. My first thought was to eat, explore, then go to the beach to watch wishes, then go to the MK and do the EMH. Recently, I've heard that they don't do the music at the beach at the Poly. i really want to hear the music with the fireworks, to me it's not worth it without the music! Does anyone know if they pipe in the music still? And, if not, would I be insane to head over to the MK after Ohana, and get a good fireworks viewing spot/spectro viewing spot? Are the lines down on the rides when spectro is going on? :surfweb::surfweb: so many questions!

Non Disney updates: This weekend, my bf and I did a history weekend of sorts in the area I live. We went to Fort Trumbull and Fort Griswold, which are forts from the revolutionary war/civil war etc etc, the mystic seaport, and the Submarine Museum. My next update will be some pics from that :goodvibes. We are planning a trip to Gettysburg for sometime mid october, because dbf is a major history buff and has never been there. Besides that, just school, school, school.....

stay tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter