A good use for resort id

They had Disney busses back then? I went in 1979 and I don't remember any busses. ......

Me neither.

I can't remember when it was, but I'll not forget the horror and disillusionment of my first sight of exhaust-spewing buses roaring around WDW. It's so mundane. Yeecchh.

Walt would hate it.

Has the issue of "bus abuse" ever been discussed at one of the annual condo association meetings?

Me neither.

I can't remember when it was, but I'll not forget the horror and disillusionment of my first sight of exhaust-spewing buses roaring around WDW. It's so mundane. Yeecchh.

Walt would hate it.

Has the issue of "bus abuse" ever been discussed at one of the annual condo association meetings?

Great point. I'm sure the monorail is Eco friendly. Monorail should be expanded to include all of the WDW resorts and DTD. No More busses.
It would be seen as a great eco move by Disney and be more efficient overall. Those busses clog up the roads and stink up the place.

For the record, I find the bus service so bad that I drive to the parks unless I have access to the monorail. I'd love to be able to take ME and then monorail everywhere. 30 minute waits aren't my idea of a relaxing vacation.

Great point. I'm sure the monorail is Eco friendly. Monorail should be expanded to include all of the WDW resorts and DTD. No More busses.
It would be seen as a great eco move by Disney and be more efficient overall. Those busses clog up the roads and stink up the place.

For the record, I find the bus service so bad that I drive to the parks unless I have access to the monorail. I'd love to be able to take ME and then monorail everywhere. 30 minute waits aren't my idea of a relaxing vacation.

Unfortunately, monorail construction costs are prohibitive for resort to resort usage, given how spread out WDW is. However, a light rail or peoplemover-type system may be an option.

And this makes the roads less clogged and smell better?:confused3
I would like to see electric busses like many historic areas use.

Unfortunately, monorail construction costs are prohibitive for resort to resort usage, given how spread out WDW is. However, a light rail or peoplemover-type system may be an option.

Yeah, the cost is probably the reason we haven't seen it yet. Sure would be nice.

People movers or any other system that stops the bus fumes would be great for all.

And this makes the roads less clogged and smell better?:confused3
I would like to see electric busses like many historic areas use.

Sure would. How many busses do we guess are currently running at WDW ALL day 365 days a year?

Take those out of service and replace them with a non polluting form of transportation and it would make a significant difference. Significant for pollution AND for traffic if monorail could be used.

I'd be for your electric bus idea, wouldn't help with traffic but would help pollution.

WDW really wastes energy as well. Frosts me everytime I stay at BCV and those lights are on ALL night at Epcot. :sad2:

The problem with the SSR buses may not at all be "illegal" riders or even non-Disney resort guests. Some time ago they eliminated direct service from the theme parks to DD. Therefore, the best way to go to DD from a theme park is to ride the SSR bus and then walk there.

We always rode the monorail to the Contemporary and caught a bus to DTD directly from there. :thumbsup2

Honestly though, I don't get the benefit of taking a bus to DTD if you are not staying in a resort because you're still going to have to take a bus back to the park to and then go to TTC or catch a tram to get your car. Plus, the busses run to DTD much later than they run to the parks - so if you were planning to do night activities at DTD, you could not stay out that late. The whole thing would be a huge pain.

Plus - DTD busses intentionally don't start running to and from the parks until 11 or something like that. So, if you want to avoid paying for parking you have to either not hope to arrive much earlier than noon or you can catch a bus to a resort at 9, then wait for another bus to the park from whatever resort. It's just not worth all that hassle and run-a-round to save a few bucks on parking.

...WDW really wastes energy as well. Frosts me everytime I stay at BCV and those lights are on ALL night at Epcot. :sad2:

When they are doing cleaning and maintenance at night, the workers do have to be able to see. And I think the big hand on Spaceship Earth has a beacon for airplanes so they don't hit the top of it.

We always rode the monorail to the Contemporary and caught a bus to DTD directly from there. :thumbsup2

Honestly though, I don't get the benefit of taking a bus to DTD if you are not staying in a resort because you're still going to have to take a bus back to the park to and then go to TTC or catch a tram to get your car. Plus, the busses run to DTD much later than they run to the parks - so if you were planning to do night activities at DTD, you could not stay out that late. The whole thing would be a huge pain.

Plus - DTD busses intentionally don't start running to and from the parks until 11 or something like that. So, if you want to avoid paying for parking you have to either not hope to arrive much earlier than noon or you can catch a bus to a resort at 9, then wait for another bus to the park from whatever resort. It's just not worth all that hassle and run-a-round to save a few bucks on parking.

Busses never run from DtD directly to parks, that was discontinued years ago because of the people parking there to avoid to parking fee. Now, it seems, they park at DtD, walk to SSR and take the busses from there :(

Busses never run from DtD directly to parks, that was discontinued years ago because of the people parking there to avoid to parking fee. Now, it seems, they park at DtD, walk to SSR and take the busses from there :(

There is probably some of that going on, no doubt, but don't presume that everybody that walks to and from SSR to go to and from DD is a non-resort guest trying to scam the system. We do it regularly to go from theme parks to DD or from DD to a theme park (especially AK and MGM). Saves a bus transfer.

There is probably some of that going on, no doubt, but don't presume that everybody that walks to and from SSR to go to and from DD is a non-resort guest trying to scam the system. We do it regularly to go from theme parks to DD or from DD to a theme park (especially AK and MGM). Saves a bus transfer.

So you would have no problem taking a seat from a SSR resort guest so you can "save a bus transfer"? Seems to me those busses should be for guests of SSR. Maybe because you and whoever is with you decided to "save a bus transfer" the bus is full and an actual resort guest has to wait for another bus.

Legal or not it seems wrong. Maybe paid parking is the way to go at WDW. Will keep people on the appropriate busses and keep SSR busses from being flooded with people trying to avoid parking fees at the parks.

You're right - I mean to say that they'd still have to take a bus from DTD to a resort and then take another bus to the park and (then take more transportation to the TTC if they were at MK) and then get on a tram-thing to find their car!

So you would have no problem taking a seat from a SSR resort guest so you can "save a bus transfer"? Seems to me those busses should be for guests of SSR. Maybe because you and whoever is with you decided to "save a bus transfer" the bus is full and an actual resort guest has to wait for another bus.

Legal or not it seems wrong. Maybe paid parking is the way to go at WDW. Will keep people on the appropriate busses and keep SSR busses from being flooded with people trying to avoid parking fees at the parks.

But they AREN'T for guests of SSR. They are for anyone with a hopper or any resort guest. If Disney is having a problem with SSR bus capacity, they need to add more buses to the route, not kick off guests who are ENTITLED to use the buses.

(Though I think paid parking at DTD would be a great idea and probably solve lots of problems - if they want to do "free with $XX purchase at DTD shops and restaurants, that would be fine).

As Ronald Reagan would have said, "Well...there you go again, Dumbo". There is no such thing as a resort bus. It is a Walt Disney World transportation SYSTEM that every resort guest and every guest with a park hopper ticket is entitled to use fully. Your comment is like saying that I shouldn't use a city bus that goes to a particular neighborhood because I am taking the seat from someone who lives there. As DVC members, our dues contribute to the WDW transportation system. They don't buy us private transportation, private buses, or reserved seating. Seems to me that this is the kind of attitude that led to a little thing called the Montgomery bus boycott. ;)

As Ronald Reagan would have said, "Well...there you go again, Dumbo". There is no such thing as a resort bus. It is a Walt Disney World transportation SYSTEM that every resort guest and every guest with a park hopper ticket is entitled to use fully. Your comment is like saying that I shouldn't use a city bus that goes to a particular neighborhood because I am taking the seat from someone who lives there. As DVC members, our dues contribute to the WDW transportation system. They don't buy us private transportation, private buses, or reserved seating. Seems to me that this is the kind of attitude that led to a little thing called the Montgomery bus boycott. ;)

Well, when you've been had the only right thing to do is fess up.

You got me DoctorP, you are correct sir. I stand corrected. :worship:

The busses seem to be for everyone then if they do not check ID's or tickets anyway. This discussion is a waste of time. I'll bow out now.

I don't think this is right. I pay for buses to OKW. They are WDW buses yes, but if I (we)weren't paying for them then they wouldn't be going to OKW. Likewise, if SSR owners weren't paying for the buses to SSR, they wouldn't be going there.

It's like contracting with WDW for the use of their buses. When it comes down to it, I believe the owners would have the right/option of cancelling the agreement for using WDW buses and establishing their own transportation to the parks. Then we would have the option of requiring the blue cards to use them.

Maybe we should just do that.

I don't think this is right. I pay for buses to OKW. They are WDW buses yes, but if I (we)weren't paying for them then they wouldn't be going to OKW. Likewise, if SSR owners weren't paying for the buses to SSR, they wouldn't be going there.

It's like contracting with WDW for the use of their buses. When it comes down to it, I believe the owners would have the right/option of cancelling the agreement for using WDW buses and establishing their own transportation to the parks. Then we would have the option of requiring the blue cards to use them.

I disagree 100%. If you were not paying for busses, someone else would or your points would belong to the developer and they would pay for the busses. We pay to use the busses just like SOG pays for EMH privileges. It is a right to belong, not an exclusive deal. The transportation is still fully owned and operated by WDWTC dont get it twisted.

The only way what you are suggesting would happen is if we voted DVD out as our property manager completely. That would take away all the other amenities we share also, such as pretty much everything:rotfl2: I dont want to be a part of a resort that is not a part of WDW. That is what Marriott and all the others are for.

I disagree 100%. If you were not paying for busses, someone else would or your points would belong to the developer and they would pay for the busses. We pay to use the busses just like SOG pays for EMH privileges. It is a right to belong, not an exclusive deal. The transportation is still fully owned and operated by WDWTC dont get it twisted.

The only way what you are suggesting would happen is if we voted DVD out as our property manager completely. That would take away all the other amenities we share also, such as pretty much everything:rotfl2: I dont want to be a part of a resort that is not a part of WDW. That is what Marriott and all the others are for.

I think you missed my point. My point is that the money coming from OKW owners (whether me or developer or someone else) is to pay for the buses coming into and going out of OKW. The only reason those buses go in there and out again is because OKW owners pay for them. From the time they enter that gate until the time they leave they are contracted BY OKW or SSR)owners from WDW for THEIR use to get to the parks.

It's a contract with WDW. it could be cancelled and owners could contract with another company to do the job. With the specification that only OKW (or SSR ) members be allowed to use the buses.

I agree Disney has leverage to keep us contracting with them and forcing us to abide by their decisions, but we're still shelling out the money. I think it would be possible to cancel the buses and contract for access to other amenities. Not that I would want to. I just use the example to clarify that owners should have some say in use of the buses while they are on their property.

Umm, I'm staying at SSR in May, and I'm not a DVC member. I just booked a reservation through Disney. And I need the buses. It has nothing to do with them being DVC. The buses just go to all the Disney resorts, period.

I just use the example to clarify that owners should have some say in use of the buses while they are on their property.

I didnt miss the point, I just don't agree with it. We have no say, it's in the POS. It is not our property, we have a deeded interest, not ownership. Again, dont get it twisted. It's all or nothing. Either they manage us or they dont. It's laid out in the POS and the development plan what happens if they don't. We own all of 1 millionth of 1 unit with all our points combined:lmao:

One of the reasons I love WDW is the continuity of being on Disney property. While you are on property, you are treated superbly and your movement is not restricted for the most part. Dont let a few bad apples cause a mutiny.

Thankfully what you suggest will never happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter