A good use for resort id

Oh, very true...but isn't Disney trying to project the illusion of security? I mean, we have to show ID to drive into the resort parking lots...but anyone could hop a bus...

Absolutely! ..It does help folks feel 'good' about going into the parks, but like anywhere else in America (or the world for that matter) if someone bad wants to do something bad, they will (sadly).

Solely showing resort 'id' will not minimize this risk. :(

Oh, very true...but isn't Disney trying to project the illusion of security? I mean, we have to show ID to drive into the resort parking lots...but anyone could hop a bus...

Or anyone could just make a reservation at a resort... :confused3

I've been going to WDW since 1976 and I remember them checking resort ids to ride the bus. I also remember it being a pain. I was really glad when they stopped. Just think about how much longer it would take to board the buses while everyone pulls out their resort id. Because I tell now, not everyone will have it ready and then you have to wait for them to dig it out. And for what? To stop a few people? It's not worth it.

Hey... ChuckS...... YOU must be as old as me ??:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

YESSIR... I remember back from 1971 into the 90's needing to show my resort id for buses, boat to Poly & CR....and "special" resort guest monorail around the world !! :cool1:

It was really a cool thing, especially when we saw people, not staying on site, turned away. Made us feel pretty lucky & proud!!

Guess "Disney Greed" really changed all that!!:mad:
Anything to bring in the almighty $$$$$ :mad: :mad:

But they would have contact info...address, phone, et al on a resort guest.

Not if it's all faked. If they were to really close things down for "security" and make the resorts for guests only, and someone really wanted to get in there to do something, they could set up fake information. Or if it was something like 9/11, do you think those guys would care if they gave their real info? It's not like they're going to do background checks on guests ahead of time. It's just a hotel.

My personal use for resort ID:

They're great for scraping ice off the windshield if it's not too thick. I always keep one in the glove compartment.

I do see the SSR bus use to DTD as being a problem. Every trip to a park and back on both my stays there were tons of people trying to get to DTD, not knowing when to get off and so on.

I just hope it doesn't grow worse.

Not if it's all faked. If they were to really close things down for "security" and make the resorts for guests only, and someone really wanted to get in there to do something, they could set up fake information. Or if it was something like 9/11, do you think those guys would care if they gave their real info? It's not like they're going to do background checks on guests ahead of time. It's just a hotel.

Can't really be faked for a cash guest at a regular WDW resort, they have to make payments before they arrive. And the new policy is you even have to pay in advance for same day arrival...at least I had to when I reserved our first night at POP, and I was calling from the car in Ocala. It used to be we paid for same day AP reservations at check-in.

DVC reservations have to be made by a member, so there is a trail there as well.

I am not as concerned from the security standpoint as I am from the point of decreased SSR bus efficiency, whether they are "Legal Riders" or not.

How this turned into a terrorist plot I have no idea.

The problem is and will remain people using the bus system instead of paying for parking. This cost will be passed along some how.

They will either start making you pay to park at the resorts (again not effecting the abusers) or pass the cost along in room fees and DVC MFs.

As far as the just letting anyone in I'm more concerned about the oppertunistic theif that could have a feild day stealing cars ot doing who knows what.We all know that terrorist can implant themselves into the general population and there's not much you can do about that on the level of WDW with the amount of people in and out on a daily basis.

I have never had a bus pass us by full or have to wait for the next one on all my trips. I just want to get what I paid for and others should have to pay the same thing.

Showing ID and getting a car pass is stricktly a parking issue. Yhey don't want the resort parking lots full of people riding bus's to the parks. You can also park to visit resot resturants etc.

I am not as concerned from the security standpoint as I am from the point of decreased SSR bus efficiency, whether they are "Legal Riders" or not.

"Legal Riders" We all need to find something more substantial to worry about. Not only are illegals taking our jobs now they're taking our bus seats. This has got to be George Bush's fault!:lmao:

If they have a hopper, they are legal riders and they paid their share of the costs when they got a hopper ticket. Doesn't matter if what they are staying at the Days Inn and want to do is ride the SSR bus from the MK to SSR all day long and never enter the park - once they possess the hopper, they are entitled to the ride.

As to the security issue - I think "Illusion" is the right word. Disney is really good at illusion, but I don't really care for it if the illusion of security is created with expense or inconvience on my part - such as having to show my room card. If they are giving me real security, maybe. But identity theft is too easy. Convincing someone who doesn't show up on a terrorist watch list to blow himself up doesn't seem to be that much harder. Too many Disney resorts are wide open - you can easily walk from the TTC to the Poly. From Epcot to BW or Y&BC. And Disney wants you to - they want the offsite guests to realize how beautiful and nice the onsite resorts are.

The problem with the SSR buses may not at all be "illegal" riders or even non-Disney resort guests. Some time ago they eliminated direct service from the theme parks to DD. Therefore, the best way to go to DD from a theme park is to ride the SSR bus and then walk there.

How this turned into a terrorist plot I have no idea..

:rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :laughing:

I tend to think about things like having fun when I'm at the World. Of course, I'm a control freak CAR renter, so even tho I pay for the buses, I don't use them. Hey Now that's an idea...everyone who rides the bus should pay 1 penny towards my car rental while I'm there. Please send your check for reimbursement to : kidsister, PO Box 1, Nigeria. Thank you!

I've been going to WDW since 1976 and I remember them checking resort ids to ride the bus. I also remember it being a pain. I was really glad when they stopped. Just think about how much longer it would take to board the buses while everyone pulls out their resort id. Because I tell now, not everyone will have it ready and then you have to wait for them to dig it out. And for what? To stop a few people? It's not worth it.

They had Disney busses back then? I went in 1979 and I don't remember any busses. Then again, I was 6. And we were in the Contemporary so the monorail was right there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter