A Magic and Miracles celebration vacation TR

We slowly drive away from the laughing guards. We ourselves still giggling. then we realize we need to drive one way or the other. Now, totally distracted from our giggling fest, we forget what the elderly gentleman told us about how to go. We have driven from the airport to WDW many times, BUT, not usually at night. DH thinks the gentleman told us one way, but the GPS was telling us the other. We figured listen to the GPS in case we weren't remembering the gentlemans directiosn correctly. After about 20 mins. We realized the GPS thought we were still in MA. We weren't giggling anymore. I finally rebooted the GPS when it told us we were 72 miles from our destination. We weren't sure where the GPS was taking us. AFter I rebooted the GPS, it made more sense & we were at SSR in 25 mins. FiNALLY!!

Now, to just get our key to the world and we will see our smiling childrens faces. Or will we?

Finally we arrived at SSR. We approached the CM to get our key, and get up to our room. BUT, she tells us our children already took our keys. huh? why would they do that. So, I call DS who advises us yes, they took our key, BUT the good news is they are sitting in our GV waiting for us. We go to our room. this is what we see:
disney201230thanniversary2732.jpg

and..
disney201230thanniversary2728.jpg

and..
disney201230thanniversary2724.jpg

and..
disney201230thanniversary2721.jpg

and..
disney201230thanniversary2716.jpg

and looking down from teh 2nd floor...
disney201230thanniversary2715.jpg

disney201230thanniversary2714.jpg

and in our room... a little special mickey magic. :)
disney201230thanniversary2709.jpg

and from the master bedroom looking through the bifold window into the master bathroom
disney201230thanniversary2707.jpg

disney201230thanniversary2703.jpg

and the foyer
disney201230thanniversary2702.jpg

living room floor to ceiling windows! I loved this villa
disney201230thanniversary2700.jpg

disney201230thanniversary2699.jpg

boys bathroom:
disney201230thanniversary2698.jpg

disney201230thanniversary2697.jpg

the kitchen:
disney201230thanniversary2696.jpg

dining table
disney201230thanniversary2695.jpg

I forgot to take picturs of the balcony. It was rather small in comparrison of the rest of the accomodations. Considering it sleeps 12. The balcony really only had room for maybe 4.
The girls room was the same as the boys room. There is a stack washer dryer on the 2nd floor with the 2 bedrooms up there. The master bedroom is 1st level. And we were very happy to hit that bed.

All the older kids were very appreciative of their goodie bags. I had called them earlier to see if they "had anything upon their check in" When they said only anniversary buttons for us & a graduation button for DDBF, we told them to go back to check in and ask if there are any packages for them. They did and there were. They were very pleasantly surprised. And we had lots of smiles upon our arrival into the room. :goodvibes

We sent DDBF off to his own studio and we hit the sack. I think I was asleep in 10 mins.

We called our friends before retiring and told them we would meet them at Chef Mickeys at 6:45am. But, would we?

Well, after all those pictures of our beautiful grand villa you now know I didn't forget the camera. Atleast not at home. However, you will see a bit of a pattern later in the trip.

next up Chef Mickeys - will all 11 of us get to Chef Mickeys by 6:45 to make our 7am ressies?

Well, I got up nice and early. I started the coffee, and began to get myself dressed. I awoke DH and DD9. Then the young adults. DDBF had instructions to be at our villa at 6:25am and as usual he was even a little early. But... my young adults and DH were dragging there feet. We finally headed out about 7:53am. and by about I mean EXACTLY I was checking my time & stressing BECAUSE...

DDFG (if you remember darling daughter fairy godmother) had called and said they couldn't get there by the 7am ressies as the monorail didn't start until 7am, and they were taking that from the Poly where they were staying. DDFG had thought to call ahead & was told that would be okay, as long as some of the party was there. ah.... 7:53 was NOT good enough. I began to get stress cranky. This was such an important meal for us. It is tradition to start our vacation with Chef Mickeys breakfast. And to get the ressie for 7am, I had to be up disgustingly early on Mothers Day, I would not be happy to miss these ressies. DDFG called and said they were there at 7:02 and were in line for the CM pictures. We said we were just a couple of minutes out, and we were. Valet parked & were looking at DDFGDH waving us down in no time! Just in time for pictures!
IMG_0001-1.jpg

You'll notice a couple of buttons on some of us. :thumbsup2 Well, along with DH & my anniversary, DDFG & DDFGDH were celebrating their anniversary the day after us. AND DDBF was celebrating his graduation from college. So we were button happy. :flower3:

What you may not notice, but became a theme (even more than the camera) was DH & DDFGDH standing near each other & me standing next to DDFG.
This ended up making for a very fun filled vacation.
While in line for our turn for the picture I lingered back to talk to DDFG, while DH went ahead next to DDFGDH. Well, the photo coordinator only saw DH & DDFGDH and wished them a happy anniversary. Being the good sports they are they simply thanked her, while all the children broke into laughter, which trickled back to me & DDFG. The funniest part is when they were asked how long they had been together and DH said 30 years & DDFGDH said 14 years. Very confused CM's until DDFG & I walked up. :rotfl2:

We loved everything about Chef Mickeys. It was the first day, and everyone was happy. I had destressed immediately upon seeing my friends. (and knowing we didn't loose our covenanted ADR's.

You can see some of the happy faces below.
disney201230thanniversary2747.jpg

and celebration cupcakes. None of DH & I unfortunately, they must be on other peoples cameras.
disney201230thanniversary2756.jpg

disney201230thanniversary2753.jpg

disney201230thanniversary2743.jpg

all the children...
disney201230thanniversary2740.jpg

Some of us were still a little sleepy.
some got the giggles, so much so he was crying..
disney201230thanniversary2762.jpg

and some, just rested
disney201230thanniversary2757.jpg

disney201230thanniversary2746.jpg

Three notes to the above pictures. 1) those are the shirts I made. :artist: I love the way they came out. Except I had 2 peoples names on the wrong sleeve. and... 2) the tiara DD21 is wearing is mine. DDFG & her DH bought it for me as a joke for me to wear at the VR. They had been so kind to get me bobby pins with crystals on them, which I wanted, but didn't have time to shop for. Not that it mattered because my hairdresser decided not to use them anyway! :rolleyes: and...3) the two boys with Donald duck...only one of them is mine, the other DDBF. This also will become a theme. DD2 gone missing in many pictures.

Okay, so if I haven't inundated you all with Chef Mickeys pictures I have 2 more to add. 1 of me and DH and 1 of me and DDFGDH. It was really confusing the CM's with who to wish happy anniversary to. :lmao:

disney30thanniversarychefmickeysmarkanddeecupcake.jpg

and me with FGDH , oh, and DDFGDS he is just too cute. He wasn't posing for the photo, he was calling dibs on another cupcake for his breakfast dessert. :woohoo: Go for it cutie!

615500_4097104666176_535871904_o.jpg

After our stomachs hurt from over eating, and laughing very very hard, we headed out to the monorail for rope drop. Unfortunately we missed it. But it was still pretty empty. We headed to do the mtns. DDBF had never done space mtn, so that was stop #1. DD9 is not a coaster person so we headed to Buzz light year. Which was a huge hit with all. Then off to splash. Most of us did it, but DS#1, DD(9), and DDFG don't like the dropping feeling, so they opted out. While we were in the ride, they had some photo ops. Jessie & Woody. Which DDFG has the pictures of, so sorry I can't post them. But they were very cute. Then a quick stop in the restroom and off to big thunder mtn. DD9 decided to try this, as we all reassured her it doesn't have drops. She loved it. DD#1 & her BF got to stay on and ride again. as there was noone waiting for their car. The rest of us had to get off and get in line again. Which we did. :) next stop... haunted mansion. DDFG and DD hate this ride. But, they were very brave. Then off to Adventureland.

All caught up! I love the villa pics! We often take big family trips and have talked about staying at a few different ones.

I'm sorry that your morning was so stressful - it is hard not to stress when you don't want to miss a family tradition like that. I'm glad everyone made it though, and your shirts turned out great!

Oh wow!! I missed quite a few updates! First off, your room is amazing!!! I wish I had a need for one of those! :rotfl2: I'm glad you made it to Chef Mickey's in time! We have never eaten there before but are considering it.

I'm glad the crowds were lower for you on this morning even though you missed rope drop. Sounds like everyone is having fun so far!

All caught up! I love the villa pics! We often take big family trips and have talked about staying at a few different ones.

I'm sorry that your morning was so stressful - it is hard not to stress when you don't want to miss a family tradition like that. I'm glad everyone made it though, and your shirts turned out great!

Villa's are wonderful. We stay in DVC ones. We've stayed at OKW & SSR GV. I would love to stay at the BWV, but we weren't able to get in there. I doubt there are any more GV trips until we are bringing grandchildren with us, but I am NOT in a hurry for that. :rolleyes1

I usually have 1 incident of being stressed out. The "they" all smarten up. :rotfl2: In all honesty, I didn't want to mess it up for the other family either. So, it was 2 issues.

Thanks about the shirts. I had some help with them. I like them too. I wasn't sure how the other family was going to like them. But they wore them 2x that week. Once at the Chef Mickeys day and once on their actual anniversary!

Oh wow!! I missed quite a few updates! First off, your room is amazing!!! I wish I had a need for one of those! :rotfl2: I'm glad you made it to Chef Mickey's in time! We have never eaten there before but are considering it.

I'm glad the crowds were lower for you on this morning even though you missed rope drop. Sounds like everyone is having fun so far!

Don't worry about missing updates. I keep adding them quickly because I am anxious not to forget anything.
Chef Mickeys is great, but very busy atmosphere!

More to come.

arghhhh.... I just spent a lot of time updating this, with pictures. AND I lost it! arghhh. I'll update more tomorrow.

Well, since DDFG was so brave on HM, DD kept her end of the bargain, so... off we were to POC, although it would mean back tracking later. We all were pretty excited about POC. We had heard there were mermaids added to it. Even DD who was NOT a POC fan, was excited to see mermaids. DD wasn't thrilled with the POC ride because as I said before she doesn't like the dropping of her stomach, and believe it or not she got that feeling by the small drop in POC. That and the image of Davy Jones. We were very thrilled to find Davy Jones replaced by Blackbeard. That eased her fears. Then to see the "mermaids" that was awesome. DH however was absorbed with the skeletons. He didn't realize one of the skeletons was a mermaid, DD did. She is very sensitive to that type of thing. You know when the bad guys win and the good guys die, yeah, she carrys that with her. So she got somewhat emotional. But, we refocused her on the mermaids and their song. This continued by all of us as we exited the ride. Then DH turns to us and said..."what mermaids". He thought we were making it up just to cheer up DD. Then he thought we were pulling his leg. :confused3The more he accused us of teasing him, the more we laughed, the more he thought we were teasing him.:lmao: We decided to return later and prove to him we were not teasing.

But for now we shall backtrack to do DS#1's favorite ride....
disney201230thanniversary2774.jpg

That's right Wedway People Mover is my 21 year olds sons favorite ride. When he was younger his brother & sister would ride the roller coaster rides with one of us while the other parent would ride this ride with him. Memories. Dh loves it too. I would enjoy it more if it had an alternate way to get to it. The moving ramp up to the ride does not do well with my vertigo. Luckly, I have a very "supportive" family. ... literally, they make sure I don't fall.
disney201230thanniversary2779-1.jpg

disney201230thanniversary2778.jpg

Then while some went on ...
disney201230thanniversary2783.jpg
Space mountain

the rest of us went to
disney201230thanniversary2768.jpg

The rest of the gang met up with us and we went on Buzz Light year again. So we were able to get the traditional picture:
disney201230thanniversary2772.jpg

We were able to squeeze in The Laugh Floor where DS was the monster behind one of the people they were teasing. We all thought that was great. The monster on stage said "hey Lady there's a monster behind you" and the camera went to my son & his face was displayed on the screen! It was awesome. Last time DH was "the random dancing guy" and DD's joke was used. I am a BIG fan of the Laugh Floor, we did it twice this trip.

I have to tell a little story.
DDBF graduated college in August. They have been dating 4 1/2 years. Marriage has already been brought up. But both his parents and I have the hopes he will not propose until after she graduates college. WE all embrace the idea of them marrying. They seem to be a good fit, and we love him. But, DD should concentrate on her degree. Then concentrate on planning a wedding. Well, we all know how romantic WDW can be. I approached this subject with DD, who reassured me that will not happen. That she feels that would be tacky to do on DH & my anniversary trip. So, I was comfortable with that.

So, while the rest of the gang went on Astro Orbiter, I waited down and contemplated how fortunate I am that I have level headed children.
Finally, I saw the gang coming. DD & DDBF holding hands, big smiles and... what's that? Buttons? are they BOTH wearing?
to be continued...

NO NO NO!!! You can't leave us hanging like that!!!

Please Please Please tell the rest of the story!!!

popcorn::

NO NO NO!!! You can't leave us hanging like that!!!

Please Please Please tell the rest of the story!!!

popcorn::

:) Okay, here we go!

disney201230thanniversary2777.jpg

So, here they prance toward me with their "just engaged" buttons on! With the gang in tow. My first reaction was to smile, as they looked so happy. Then I saw the buttons. .... I'm not sure what my face said, but it combined with my words brought about a lot of laughter! The story of their cute little joke I will tell thru my DD's words, who happens to be sitting beside me. So, the story goes like this...
They were on Astro Orbiter when the CM boarding it noticed DDFG & her DH, as well as DH, and DDBF buttons. He asked if anyone else was celebrating anything, 1st visit, anniversary, birthday, engagement. AND according to DH (as he is on my other side) the CM suggested the engagement buttons. At which time DH advised THAT was not a good idea. But, my best friend, my youngest daughters Godmother, thought otherwise. SHE thought it would be very funny to see my reaction. Apparently the more they all thought about it, the better idea it was.
I realized pretty quickly they wouldn't do that. Like I say, they are level headed. They were continuing to wear them, when I pointed out DDBF must be pretty thrifty to give DD a simple clauddaugh ring. Boy, those people love to tease me. And honestly, sometimes that is what keeps me going. We love to see each other smile! Of course DDFG's DD turns 11 next month, I think I might have to get her a Victoria Secrets gift card. hahahaha
I actually am not feeling well, so that is the only update for tonight. But, I didn't want to leave you hanging.

ps. I hope when/if they do get engaged, I hope it is in Disney.

Whew well at least it was a joke this time!! I think a Victoria's Secret gift card sounds great! lol....PAYBACK!

I hope you get to feeling better!!!

Wow what a trick to play on you! It is nice to read that your children have good heads on their shoulders.

:)

Thanks to you both.

For the most part all my adult kids have good heads on their shoulders.

Yup, I think VS gift card would be a great pay back. I was thinking a drum set for her son for Christmas, but DDFG's mom lives with them, that wouldn't be fair. :rotfl2:

I'll update more later. For now I need to rest.

After everyone had a good laugh, we headed back to our respective rooms. The older "children" took naps, DDFG & family went back for a swim, and DH, DD, and I headed to Walmart to pick up some supplies. We all showered & changed into a little dressier clothes. We were to meet DDFG & fam at Epcot. Since it was an late night at MK we decided to drive to MK, take the monorail to Epcot. Then when Epcot closed we would just hop on the monorail back to MK and enjoy the extra hours. We arrived in Epcot where the triplets & DDBF departed to go to the surprise I had planned for them. They were to attend a mixology class. The only one of them who knew of it was DD. (only to ensure they didn't just blow off the "special" event). I will tell more about their experience later.
DD, DH, & I called DDFG who said they were still in Teppan Edo. So, DH, DD & I headed to Nemo. DD enjoys this, however DH & I agree it is less than what we expect from Disney. That said, I enjoyed it more this time than any other. I'm not sure if they have changed it, or maybe because it was at night, or just that I was excited for the evening to come, but whatever the reason, I was pleasantly surprised. :goodvibes Next up, my purple buddy... FIGMENT! DD used to HATE this ride. As in full out temper tandem because she didn't want to go on. Why? She doesn't like the "skunky smell" haha. However, now that she is more mature, she loves it. Next up, Captain EO. This I was actually looking forward to. Although, I always thought Michael Jackson was incredibly talented, I would not call myself a fan. However, this brings me back to DH and my younger years. I'm not sure if it was our honeymoon, 1982, or our next trip, but it brings me back. Or so I thought... I was remembering it totally wrong! :confused3 I have no idea what I was remembering. I hated it! As in was wishing I could fall asleep. DD loved it. The remainder of the trip she kept asking to go back. I will redo any ride (as long as it doesn't put me out of commission for extended periods of time), but I just couldn't. The only attraction I refused to go on again, other than for health reasons. I just really really didn't like it. DH was not about to go back on it when we still had so many other things to do. So, we were off to the Dessert Party!!! We knew we would be early, but better early than late. So, we called the "kids" who were done with the mixology course and just enjoying Mission Space. Then called DDFG who said they were just finishing up dinner & would meet us at UK! As we approached we saw characters! Mary Poppins, and up a little further Alice. I was all set to stop. I asked DD, she saw the lines and said no. :confused: But - I -DO - NOT - UNDERSTAND..... it is - MARY POPPINS - AND - ALICE!! However, she wanted to do Perry the Platypus adventure. She begged us. I felt so bad, but, we just didn't have enough time. So, onward to the Uk to find our exact location.

Okay, I just wrote WAY more to this, but edited to delete because I HAVE GOT to break it down into 2 updates. Otherwise you will just NOT want to check in on my status updates. I'll print part 2 tomorrow. hehehe

Great update!!! I can't wait to hear about the mixology course and the Dessert party! I've never gone on Captain EO. We do love Figment and Nemo though!! Enjoying your TR!!

Thanks Bridget!

As promised here is the 2nd half. haha

We find a blocked off area with a woman "guarding" it. We approach her, excited, even dare I say giddy. I have been planning this dessert party for 11 months. And this first person I met face to face regarding this special party to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary was.. miserable. I don't usually complain about CM's, in all fairness, I seldom come across any reason to complain. But this woman grunted responses. What happened was this:
I was in my wheelchair as we approached I noticed the roped off area had too many tables. The area looked too large. I am basing this on the information the event coordinator provided me with. At one point the event coordinator (EC) told me if I increased the count of guests to above 12 I would have to change my venue. We were at 11 confirmed guests. But the area roped off had apprx. 6 tables, with 6 chairs each. I was pretty certain this wasn't our venue, but I didn't press the issue. We approached her slowly, as DH & I were discussing if this could be our venue or not. I asked her if this is for a dessert party. She grunted what I thought to be a confirmation. At which time I said, I'm not sure that it is ours though, as it seemed to be too big an area for our party of 11. She asked if it was an anniversary. I said yes, but I was aware there was another anniversary dessert party going on at the same time. Perhaps it was theirs? She said no. I told her our name. She really didn't respond to this, other than to ask if we had our wrist bands. I said yes, she asked to see them. I raise my hand to get them, at which time she asked "where?". I assume she expected us to have them on our wrists. I told her we didn't have them on yet, as I realized we are early, wasn't sure if we would be able to enter the area yet, and began to say that our entire party isn't even here yet, but she interrupted me. I think she said she will have to check. ... Okay, I wasn't asking if we could, I was saying since I didn't expect to get in, I was simply explaining why we didn't have our wrist bands on yet. She speaks into her headset and says we can go in, but she MUST see our wrist bands first. Well, while she was talking we were putting them on. Obviously, she could see us doing this. I was trying to be very careful not to loose any, as again, the entire party wasn't together yet. As we were fumbling around with the wrist bands DDFG & family show up. Everyone is very excited, wrist bands are handed out & promptly attached to each of our wrists. I explain again VERY nicely (my mother always taught me you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar. AND I always figure you never know WHY someone is cranky. I think back to my losses in life and how distracted I was. Perhaps I was that cranky person). So, very nicely I say I understand if we can't go into the area yet (perhaps she was thinking I was trying to weasle an extra 1/2 hour out of them) I understand. And that I certainly wouldn't want anyone to get into trouble. She replies, no you can go in, after she sees wrist bands. Fine. We go in. We being, DH, DD9, myself, DDFG, DDFGDH, DDFGDD, DDFGDS. 7 out of 11. DH's job is to call the others and have them get to the UK. They are on their way. (It is now the time the DP was scheduled to begin). Taking the long way, because they thought they had 1/2 hour. So, now, it is actually the time the DP was suppose to start. But the "kids" were going by my agenda I made for them, and I .... put the wrong time. oops. :rolleyes1 So, they begin to run to the UK from mission space.

Meanwhile, a CM approaches me, introduces herself, but I couldn't hear her. Says that so&so (a male) is my something or other & she is gone before I could ask her to repeat herself. :upsidedow huh? I figure if I need anything there are 2 CM's at the dessert table, and there is always MS. Smiley. :rolleyes:

I introduce myself to the 2 chefs at the dessert table. They are very pleasant. But am having difficulty hearing them as well. Perhaps it is me. But, atleast they are captive for the next hour so i can ask them to repeat themselves.
Here is a picture of them.
disney201230thanniversary2928.jpg

They were both wonderful!

The "kids" arrived fairly quickly. DH had to come to me and get their wristbands. Then the were in our area handing out hugs. :goodvibes

I wish I had thought to take a picture of the tables. They looked very nice. Each had 2 glow icecubes on them. I wish the coordinator had asked me about doing this as each icecube was a charge of ... $3.75 I think. Plus, considering we only used 2 tables. That is a lot of wasted money. I have to admit, I loved the dessert party concept, but I was looking forward to a much more intimate feeling with just the 11 of us. This was much too large for our group. Live and learn!

Next up, desserts, drinks, and fireworks, oh my.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter