A Very Merry Un-21st-Birthday to Me! May 2015 Trip - Updated 10/27**

Stopping by because I've been MIA for a while....I'm loving your TR though. So sorry O'hana wasn't great and Kenny was sick. That is the worst. I'm glad he was still able to enjoy some of the day though - he actually looked pretty happy in pictures for someone who wasn't feeling great!!

Stopping by because I've been MIA for a while....I'm loving your TR though. So sorry O'hana wasn't great and Kenny was sick. That is the worst. I'm glad he was still able to enjoy some of the day though - he actually looked pretty happy in pictures for someone who wasn't feeling great!!

He told me he felt a lot better after he got sick. We're not really sure what brought it on, he was feeling fine when we left AKL, but then started to not feel so great once we got to the Poly. Thankfully, he's normally pretty cheerful, so I think that helped!

Day 6: Dinner at the The Grand

Once arriving back at the resort, we napped, and we over napped, by like an hour. Which was fine, because we needed it! We then decided to go down to the pool, for about 20 minutes (I keep wishing I got more pictures of it, and that we spent more time there!).

Once sitting down to dry off… Kenny and I had the discussion of what to do that night. We were so tired and liked the pool so much, we could have just stayed there… and we almost decided to do that.

However, Kenny convinced me that we should go to our schedule dinner at least. And then I decided we’d decide if we wanted to go back to MK after that. So back up to the room we went for getting dressed for dinner! And then we took a cab over to the Grand Floridian.

And I was wowed by that place! Oh my goodness it is gorgeous. After checking in at 1900 Park Fare, they said they were about 40 minutes behind… and we were 30 minutes early! We were pretty worried we’d never get to eat, but we went out to the lobby to wait. And within 20 minutes we were seated... So, we actually got seated 10 minutes early!

Before getting any food… we got to meet Prince Charming.

DSC00924_zpsdkfzlr7q.jpg

DSC00925_zpsh0gdlxjo.jpg

And then we went to go get food. I have absolutely no pictures or remember what we got next to the Guinness stew and the strawberry soup. We also order drinks, and they were waaay too strong for me.

Up next was Drizella and Lady Tremaine! They were both great. Lady Tremaine kept wanting to know what good gossip we had on Cindy. And apparently Drizella eats mayo out of the jar.

DSC00928_zpsfwhhaqxw.jpg

DSC00927_zpsgfls5awe.jpg

By this time, all the characters had gone out for their breaks, so we got dessert. And I actually have some pictures of those! We were waaay too full to finish them though.

DSC00939_zpsv1b3ympa.jpg

Then it was announced… Cinderella was coming out! And then Prince Charming! And the dance is a great touch, and this little girl (She was probably about 3 or 4) with her mom came up to watch them dance. Once they stopped, Charming asked the little girl if she wanted to dance too, and she just put her head in her hands and turned the brightest shade of red. It was adorable.

DSC00934_zpskcznfyuj.jpg

After the dance, we got to see Cinderella… for the 3rd time this trip!
DSC00932_zpssjaeqcye.jpg

DSC00931_zpsflse6haq.jpg

And after some VERY long waiting, we got to see Anastasia.

DSC00940_zpsc9d2crur.jpg

DSC00941_zpsmnxgicmi.jpg

After seeing all these pictures I've realized my hair was a complete mess! Oops.
But overall, this was probably the best character interactions and dinner we had for the entire trip. It will end up on our must-do list, just like Tusker House I think. I'm really glad we decided to go.

So what do we do next? Stay tuned to find out! (I’m really dragging this out! :laughing:)

Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters are the greatest! We missed out on an opportunity to see them this year, sadly.

How was the food at 1900? I haven't been there in years.

I'm really dying to go back to 1900 Park Fare, especially for dinner. The character interaction looks awesome! And I really love that strawberry soup. I could drink my weight in that soup! It's like smoothie, sooo good!
I just don't have anymore ADR space on our next trip! LOL. Maybe we can eat 2 dinners in one night.

How was the food at 1900? I haven't been there in years.
It was great! Even though we weren't very hungry when we went, we still ate a lot.

I'm really dying to go back to 1900 Park Fare, especially for dinner. The character interaction looks awesome! And I really love that strawberry soup. I could drink my weight in that soup! It's like smoothie, sooo good!
At first when I read about it, I was kind of iffy on it. I mean, cold soup? But... I think I had two bowls of it that night! :D

I just don't have anymore ADR space on our next trip! LOL. Maybe we can eat 2 dinners in one night.
Just wear pants with an elastic waist! :rotfl:

I can't wait to try this meal sometime, everyone has such great things to say about it!

Drag it out all you want...... it helps with the trip ending at least for me.

Hey everyone! Sorry for not updating for so long, life's been crazy! Who knew taking 3 major classes would eat up all my time? :rolleyes::scared:

Anyways! Onward with the TR! I don't really have any more pictures for the TR, mostly because I left my USB at my house that has all my pictures on it...

Day 6 - After Dinner
After eating at 1900 PF (which have I mentioned it was amazing? Because... it was amazing. The service to get our drinks was a little slow, service all together was slow, but everything else was amazing) we decided to walk around the GF. Now, I know we had FPs to meet Tink, but Kenny and I were just so worn out and it was close to 9pm already, that we decided to just check out the resort. And I FELL IN LOVE. Oh my goodness, that resort is amazing. We walked around the grounds a bit, caught the end of the Electric Water Pageant (which is something we missed this year staying at AKL, we loved seeing at the Contemporary), and saw a little bit of the Little Mermaid on the beach.

I know some people think the Grand is kinda stuffy, but I don't think so. I personally don't like the Poly, and I think it's kind of tacky (but if we were going to get a really good deal to stay there, I'd do it).

So after walking around, we headed back to AKL. And what did we do? We headed down to the pool! I've mentioned this before, but I loved that pool. I wish we spent more time there. We only swam for about 20 minutes and took a dip in the hot tubs before it closed up, and we talked to some of the CMs who worked there.

I was actually wearing my pink Millersville t-shirt (which when walking back from the Mara earlier in the day, a man from Gettysburg stopped and talked to us about how much he liked MU) and one of the CMs said they had a friend who had graduated from MU a couple years ago!

After swimming we headed back upstairs and packed our stuff up, watched some tv, and showered. Tomorrow we had to leave! :sad::sad:

Quick question for anyone to answer!
Has anyone stayed at the Boardwalk Inn before? This is currently our 2nd choice for next year even though we're already booked at the GF... We are kind of planning on going to Star Wars Weekends on the Friday that we are there (if they have them again next year, but the disney site does have a section for 2016). And I'm not really sure if it's 100% worth it to be so close to HS just for that. Did you like staying at the boardwalk? Switching resorts would really only mess up two dining reservations I'd want to make, and we would probably add a ticket day on to head over to Epcot the day we arrive.

We are also considering Beach Club, so any comments on there versus the Boardwalk would be great too!

I can't wait to try this meal sometime, everyone has such great things to say about it!

Drag it out all you want...... it helps with the trip ending at least for me.
You definitely need to try 1900 PF! It's so much fun!

The only reason I've been dragging it out is because I don't remember it until I'm curled up in bed at night! :rotfl:

We are also considering Beach Club, so any comments on there versus the Boardwalk would be great too!

I probably shouldn't comment because I haven't stayed at any of them lol. But I'd love to stay at the Boardwalk...just love the atmosphere there. In my opinion though...it's such a tough call especially if your other option is the GF..you really can't beat that lol. BUT....one thing to think about...where are you going to be having the most late nights? Because if it's Epcot or DHS....then it certainly would be convenient to be at the Boardwalk or BC....and that might be worth it late at night....that's my two cents...they are all amazing resorts from what I've seen of the lobbies anyway lol

I probably shouldn't comment because I haven't stayed at any of them lol. But I'd love to stay at the Boardwalk...just love the atmosphere there. In my opinion though...it's such a tough call especially if your other option is the GF..you really can't beat that lol. BUT....one thing to think about...where are you going to be having the most late nights? Because if it's Epcot or DHS....then it certainly would be convenient to be at the Boardwalk or BC....and that might be worth it late at night....that's my two cents...they are all amazing resorts from what I've seen of the lobbies anyway lol

See, that's our problem! We had late nights everywhere. Of course, our earliest mornings will be at DHS, AK, and MK. It's a hard choice all around. I'm thinking the Beach Club pool may be too chaotic for us, so thats our 3rd pick, plus I think we'd want a full balcony. But the new rooms look so nice! Might be time to make a pros and cons list...

Hey guys! Just thought I'd wrap this up now.

We didn't really do anything special our leaving day. We did take a taxi to the airport instead of ME, because Kenny has this fear we won't get there on time.

And it sucks for the the people on the plane before us, I guess they were flying to Kentucky and then to NY, and their flight kept getting delayed, and delayed, and delayed. And then it got canceled. But we made it home with no problems! We did get stuck in traffic though on the way back to Kenny's house... but I ended up leaving his house at 7 that night.

Now that this is officially wrapped up... I'd just like to thank all of you for following along! I will be starting a PTR for my next trip for May soon. And I'll post the link in this thread to let everyone know! :-)

Great TR! Thanks for sharing! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter