A week's worth of Disney FUN in a day and a half! **Completed**

Hi Alan! I just found your new trip report and had to follow along after following your last one.

That hotel definitely needs a refurb or something.

I love the AKL. I have yet to stay there but I will some day the resort is just stunning. I have never eaten at Sanaa but I have only heard good things about it.

Can't wait to hear more!

Wow....all 4 parks in a day...that's very ambitious...especially on a Saturday...looking forward to reading about it! Great pics of AKL!

Hi Kathy! Yes, all 4 parks in one day is very ambitious...but doable in February as we found out! More report coming up.

Your meal at Sanna looks great.
Did you memorize where the emergency stairs were in case the elevator broke down?

Sanaa was even better than we expected and I will definitely go back! I suppose we found the stairs because we never took an elevator, just the stairs! :)

Hi Alan! I just found your new trip report and had to follow along after following your last one.

That hotel definitely needs a refurb or something.

I love the AKL. I have yet to stay there but I will some day the resort is just stunning. I have never eaten at Sanaa but I have only heard good things about it.

Can't wait to hear more!

Hey there rteetz! :wave2: Glad to have you reading along! I've never stayed at AKL either but I would love to. It's like being in another country! Sanaa was sooooo good! We sort of avoided it when our kids were younger because we were pretty sure they wouldn't like it. But we LOVED it!

Chapter 5: Friday, Feb. 6, 2015: Boats, Buses, and Resort hopping!

On Friday, Feb. 6th, I was up early to attend a networking breakfast and sessions at my conference. The good news was that the last session ended at 3:45pm and we were free for the rest of the afternoon! My wife and I had dinner reservations at 'Ohana for 8:10pm and I was back in the room by 4pm. So we had about 4 hours to do as we pleased! We decided to go visit Port Orleans French Quarter and ride the boat to Downtown Disney!

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside this past May for the first time and LOVED it! I also loved French Quarter! We walked through the resort and took the boat to Downtown Disney:

We arrived at Downtown Disney just as the sun was setting! I wish I had taken more pictures, but the construction had come a LONG way since we were here in May. What will soon be Disney Springs is really starting to take shape.

It was about 5:35pm or so and I was getting really hungry. I only had a light lunch and our Ohana dinner wasn't until 8:10...so we went to the Earl of Sandwich and split a sandwich! What a great value! It was absolutely delicious and with tax and all was only around $7.

We strolled around as if we didn't have a care in the world! Although we missed not having the rest of the family with us, it was nice just having time together!

Instead of taking the boat back to Port Orleans French Quarter, we decided to take the bus since we were right there at the bus station. Soon we were on our way!

When we arrived back at French Quarter, we went by Sassagoula Floatworks and picked up 3 beignets to have for breakfast the next morning. They smell so good!

We then drove from Port Orleans French Quarter to the Polynesian Resort. When we were here last May the lobby was a mess with all of the construction. It was much better this time!

We checked in at 'Ohana around 7:15pm for our 8:10 reservation.

Since we knew we would have a long wait, I went to the bar and got DW and myself a Lapu Lapu!

We were having a great time and enjoying ourselves!

We discovered that if you punch your straw along the inside walls of the pineapple, you get little chunks of pineapple in each sip of your drink! If you've never had a Lapu Lapu, this is an experience worth having! :)

At around 8:05pm, our buzzer went off and we were ready to be seated.

Coming up next, an amazing dinner at 'Ohana with an incredible view!

DTD basically changes every day because of the construction. It will be very nice once it is all said and done.

I have not had a beignet from POFQ and I probably should've especially staying right next door at POR the last two trips.

The poly has changed quite a bit as well. I like the lobby better now except that the fountain is kind of sad looking I think they could've done better there. I have had Ohanas for breakfast but never dinner can't wait to hear about it.

DTD basically changes every day because of the construction. It will be very nice once it is all said and done.

I have not had a beignet from POFQ and I probably should've especially staying right next door at POR the last two trips.

The poly has changed quite a bit as well. I like the lobby better now except that the fountain is kind of sad looking I think they could've done better there. I have had Ohanas for breakfast but never dinner can't wait to hear about it.

Yes, you are absolutely right. When we were there back in May, DTD was a complete mess. It is really starting to take shape now. We were very impressed with the efficiency of the bus terminal especially.

Oh, you've GOT to try a beignet from POFQ! You place your order and they fry them up right there so you can see them come out of the fryer all golden, fresh, and delicious! It's a short walk over to POFQ from POR, and it is a neat experience. I wish the food court at POR offered the beignets, but they do not.

Yes, the Poly look a thousand times better than it did back in May...thank goodness. But I'm with you...I miss the tranquility of the fountain the way it was before. Growing pains, I suppose. You should definitely go to 'Ohana for dinner sometime! We've had the breakfast also and enjoyed it. The dinner is sooooo much food, and for Disney, it's actually a reasonable value for all that you get.

Next chapter coming up!

The naan bread with all 9 dipping sauces looks awesome! We are eating there in July...think we might do the same thing and order the appetizer! Our next night is Ohana, too! How funny?! Looking forward to your dinner and the four parks in one day! It is doable! I did it as a single when I was in Orlando for work back in 2011. Rode all the "mountain" rides in one day...and I started at 1pm! Can't wait to hear about your adventure!

The naan bread with all 9 dipping sauces looks awesome! We are eating there in July...think we might do the same thing and order the appetizer! Our next night is Ohana, too! How funny?! Looking forward to your dinner and the four parks in one day! It is doable! I did it as a single when I was in Orlando for work back in 2011. Rode all the "mountain" rides in one day...and I started at 1pm! Can't wait to hear about your adventure!

Oh my gosh, that naan was sooooo good! I thought that the bread would be unlimited, but they charge you if you ask for extra pieces. We tried three different types of the breads, but the basic naan was the winner. You can literally get full on eating the bread and dipping sauces. And splitting the appetizer worked out great! That salad trio was to die for! Very fresh tasting.

That is so cool that you'll be doing Sanaa followed by Ohana! Have you eaten dinner at Ohana before? It is a real treat!

Yep, we found out that four parks in one day is not only doable, but we LOVED doing it! Of course we were tired at the end of the day, but we only had the one day so we did absolutely everything we could do!

That is so cool that you'll be doing Sanaa followed by Ohana! Have you eaten dinner at Ohana before? It is a real treat!

This will be our first time at either restaurant. We keep hearing great things about both so we can't wait to try!

Chapter 6: Dinner at Ohana, Feb. 6, 2015

We approached the host's desk as our beeper was buzzing. As our host was leading us to our table, we noticed several very large groups of tables together. I first wondered if they had a new seating style at 'Ohana, but then I realized that the large groups were cheerleaders and parents that were in town for a cheerleading competition.

We walked passed the large groups and were led to a wonderful table for two right next to the window with an awesome view of the Magic Kingdom!

It was hard to get a good picture of just how great the view was, but that white looking spot in the middle of this picture is actually Cinderella's Castle!

Our server approached our table and brought us some bread. The bread seemed really hard, so she said she would bring us another. When she returned with another loaf, it was kind of hard also. No matter....we weren't here for the bread! By then, the first round of food began to arrive at our table.

First were the lettuce cups, which were yummy!

Then came the sticky wings and pot stickers. I devoured the wings and DW and I both loved the pot stickers!

I especially loved the wings and pot stickers in the dipping sauces!

Then came the lo mein noodles and vegetables. Normally, I would've loved eating these, but I didn't want to fill up on the carbs or the veggies....I knew there would be a lot of meat coming our way!

We were having such a wonderful time! It was nice to have some time together as a couple at Disney World!

Then, the serious food started to arrive! First up was the pork...

Sooooo sooooo good! The glaze was sweet and tangy and the meat was very flavorful.

Next came the beef...

(I took a picture, but it turned out really dark and blurry....made it look burnt, which it wasn't. Of the three meats, this was my least favorite, but only because the pork and the shrimp was so good!)

Next came the shrimp...

I think I ended up eating about 9 shrimp! They had a delicious grilled taste to them.

As we were about to get full, our dessert arrived...

The bread pudding is fantastic! They pour the liquid caramel over the top right there at the table...

Just as the server brought the bread pudding to the table, WISHES began at the Magic Kingdom and they had the soundtrack and dialogue piped in...we had a window seat for the fireworks display!

The fireworks actually seemed much closer than they appear in these photos....

We ate our fabulous bread pudding while we enjoyed the fireworks!

What a wonderful afternoon and evening this had been! We had taken in Port Orleans French Quarter, took the boat to Downtown Disney, had a sandwich snack at Earl of Sandwich, had a Lapu Lapu, followed by a wonderful meal at Ohana with a perfect view of Wishes! It was just a perfect night!

Every time we had to leave Disney property we were like...'awww'. On our way back to the International Palms Resort, we made a stop to get a soda and I found this $5 hat! LOL! I was going for a Heisenberg look from Breaking Bad! (I am not a hat person at all!)

It was a wonderful evening!

Tomorrow, all I had to do for my conference was an early breakfast. The plan was to be at Animal Kingdom for rope drop...and to conquer all four parks in one day!!!! Could we do it? Our first park, Animal Kingdom, is coming up next!

Ohanas looks great! That view with the castle and fireworks looks amazing. Really thinking about doing dinner there next time. I do have a trip for marathon weekend 2016 in the works so maybe then. Can't wait to hear about four parks in one day.

What did you order at 'Ohana? Is that the family style dinner? That's what we want to do!!!

This will be our first time at either restaurant. We keep hearing great things about both so we can't wait to try!

I hope you all have a great experience at both places like we did! This was actually our fourth time to eat at Ohana (3 dinners and 1 breakfast) and we've never been disappointed.

Ohanas looks great! That view with the castle and fireworks looks amazing. Really thinking about doing dinner there next time. I do have a trip for marathon weekend 2016 in the works so maybe then. Can't wait to hear about four parks in one day.

I definitely recommend Ohana for a nice evening. We were both stuffed, and with tip and all it was like $92. I thought it was well worth it.

What did you order at 'Ohana? Is that the family style dinner? That's what we want to do!!!

You don't actually order at 'Ohana....they just start bringing you food! There isn't a menu. It's like a buffet that is brought to you. Everybody gets everything...family style. If you've ever been to a Brazilian steak house, it is similar in the sense that meat is brought out on huge skewers and they simply ask you if you'd like some. You can have as many servings as you please of any of the meats. You just let your server know when you're ready for dessert. (Even as I am typing this my mouth is watering! Love that place!)

Well...if you're around the Polynesian on June 10th (9pm reservation...:sad1:) we will save you a seat!!

Well...if you're around the Polynesian on June 10th (9pm reservation...:sad1:) we will save you a seat!!

Don't I wish! lol! I hope you all stuff yourselves silly! But be sure to leave a little room for that bread pudding at the end!

Chapter 7: PARK #1 - Animal Kingdom

It was Saturday, February 7th...the day we had been looking forward to for a long time! We were about to attempt something we've always wanted to try: to conquer all four Disney theme parks in the same day! Through careful planning, we had devised a game plan and now it was time to execute. After an early breakfast, (which ended my conference responsibilities for the trip,) we were off to start our epic day.

It was a beautiful day! After having days back home in the 20s and 30s (Fahrenheit), today it was sunshine and going up to 72 degrees! Absolutely perfect!

Our day would begin by being at rope drop at Animal Kingdom first. Even though this was a Saturday, the 1-10 ranking for park attendance here today was listed as a '3'...so we expected a relatively light crowd. The park would officially open at 9am, but we were at the front gate by 8:30am.

I was absolutely amazed at the lowest crowd I've ever seen at a Disney park...especially on a Saturday!

Being veterans of the rope drop ritual, we knew that the park usually opens 5-10 minutes earlier than the posted time. Sure enough, at 8:51am the park was opened!

Our plan was to get one, maybe two rides on Expedition Everest, and one ride on Primeval Whirl by 10am.

As the park was opened, most people headed towards the Africa section or the Asia section. I always like going to Expedition Everest via Dinoland...it just seems a little faster.

So, we took a right at Discovery Island, walked passed Dinoland, and noticed...there was LITERALLY not a single person around us! Not one! We were almost scared that we were going the wrong way or something.

I wish I would've taken more pictures, but this is what Asia looked like as we entered....not a soul in sight!

Expedition Everest was in sight!

We walked right up to the standby line...and walked nearly straight on to the ride...

It was a little cool, but the temp was already in the low 60s. We rode the ride, got off, and got right back in line!

It took longer to actually ride the ride than it did to stand in line!

After getting two rides on Expedition Everest, we headed back to Dinoland to ride Primeval Whirl. A lot of people don't like this ride, but DW and I LOVE it! It's just so fun!

(This is a blurry picture, but this picture is of the cue line. That person at the end was a cast member. There was literally not one person in front of us in line!)

We laughed and enjoyed the ride! When the ride was over, the cast member asked us, "would you like to stay on and ride again?" Wow! I've never had that happen at a Disney park. We said "sure!"

So we rode a second time! At the end of the second ride, again the cast member asked if we'd like to go again. This time we said no simply because we wanted to stay on our schedule....
We headed for the exit.

It was now 9:45am and we had already ridden Expedition Everest twice and Primeval Whirl twice! Wow...we were off to a great start!

The only thing that cost us a minute or two was that in our haste to get to the front gate I had forgotten to take a picture of exactly where we were parked. (Rookie mistake...I know better.) Anyway, we found our vehicle relatively quickly...and we were on our way to park #2....Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Up next: our adventure continues at Hollywood Studios!

Last edited:
All caught up. Four parks, one day! Love this, as this is now my favorite way to tour. You sure maximized your time with the group at WDW. Monorail rides, including Epcot, some shopping and lunch at Contempo. I love an empty park, can't wait to see how you find DHS.......

One down 3 to go!! I haven't been on primeval whirl before, but if it's similar to Goofy's Sky School (formerly Mulholland Madness) at California Adventure then we will love it! Each time we go to AK we ride Dinosaur but other than that we don't spend much time in Dinoland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter