A week's worth of Disney FUN in a day and a half! **Completed**

Looks like a blast! I haven't seen a park that empty either. I have yet to try the four parks in one day but it is on my bucket list. Expedition Everest is one of my favorites in my second favorite park. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the adventures.

Hi Alan, it looks like you are staying in a tower of terror in that off property hotel! I am enjoying this trip report so much that I want to back track & read your past reports too. It is amazing how much Disney you got in before you actually entered a park. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

All caught up. Four parks, one day! Love this, as this is now my favorite way to tour. You sure maximized your time with the group at WDW. Monorail rides, including Epcot, some shopping and lunch at Contempo. I love an empty park, can't wait to see how you find DHS.......

I agree! After conquering all four parks it is going to change the way I think about touring. Yes, I was rather proud that we were able to do soooo much stuff in the little bit of time we had in Orlando. I wasn't planning on doing a trip report, but at some point on Saturday, DW and I were thinking "hey, this was like doing a week's worth of Disney World in a day and a half!"...and I thought that would make a fun trip report title!

That was the first time we had eaten at Contempo and I was really impressed! I fed myself, DW, and all 12 students for $140! And my fish sandwich was yummy!

I love an empty park too. It was like we were getting away with something! It was too good to be true! 70 degrees, sun shining, and an empty park...can't beat that! We are seriously thinking that February may be the time to go to Disney World.

One down 3 to go!! I haven't been on primeval whirl before, but if it's similar to Goofy's Sky School (formerly Mulholland Madness) at California Adventure then we will love it! Each time we go to AK we ride Dinosaur but other than that we don't spend much time in Dinoland.

We love Primeval Whirl! (Some people call it Primeval 'hurl'...for obvious reasons...but it doesn't make me sick in the least!) It's one of those rides that if the line is 20 min or less we will ride, but if it's longer than 20 min we will pass. It was pretty cool to go twice without even getting out of the ride vehicle! That's was a Disney first for us!

Looks like a blast! I haven't seen a park that empty either. I have yet to try the four parks in one day but it is on my bucket list. Expedition Everest is one of my favorites in my second favorite park. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the adventures.

It was on our bucket list to try all four parks in one day also...and now we know that it is possible, and actually very very fun!

Ahhhhh, I LOVE Expedition Everest! My 3 favorite attractions in all of Disney World are Everest, Rock n Roller Coaster, and Tower of Terror. (Yes, I'm a thrill junkie!)

Hi Alan, it looks like you are staying in a tower of terror in that off property hotel! I am enjoying this trip report so much that I want to back track & read your past reports too. It is amazing how much Disney you got in before you actually entered a park. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

LOL!!! Bahahahaha!!! That is HILARIOUS...because I haven't thought about it, but that is EXACTLY what it was...a tower of terror! I told DW that and she cracked up! That place was just awful....and to think we could've stayed at Pop Century or Art of Animation for the same price. Oh well, that's where the convention was held, so that's where we had to stay.

Thanks for the compliment on the trip report! Yeah, definitely check out some of my past reports....we did one from our trip this past summer, 2014 with our kids....and deluxe dining! Lots of food pics!

I was really amazed at how much we get out of Disney World without even setting foot inside the parks. We only had one park day on this trip....but, I assure you, we definitely made the MOST of it!

Chapter 8: PARK #2 - Disney's Hollywood Studios

After a very productive first hour at Animal Kingdom, we arrived at Disney's Hollywood Studios earlier than expected. By the time we got parked it was about 10am. This time I remembered to take a picture of the exact row where we parked!

This park was not recommended on this day because there was an Extra Magic Hour this morning. However, it didn't seem to be all that crowded. In fact, we didn't even take the tram to the front entrance...we just walked.

We entered the park with great haste in an attempt to get to Rock N' Roller Coaster as quickly as possible. In our haste, I didn't even stop to notice that the hat was gone since the last time we were here! No matter...we were on a mission! We made the right turn to go down Hollywood Blvd.

The posted standby wait time was 30 minutes, which was much better than I expected! We got in line at 10:10am.

I took this pic of the Tower of Terror while in line for Rock N Roller Coaster. Would I have time to ride it and still stay on our schedule?

The line was slow, but steadily moving...

We screamed and laughed and had a great time. This is STILL my favorite ride in all of Disney World!

We were out the exit by 10:40am and still ahead of our planned schedule.

The posted wait time for the Hollywood Tower of Terror was 30 minutes, so I decided to ride! DW decided to take a little break and sit this one out.

I love this cue line! I was getting tickled at the conversation going on behind me. There were four ladies (obviously very wealthy) having a discussion about where all they had been and what all they had seen. It became like a contest to see which one could out-do the other. I was like "please people...you're at Disney World! Just enjoy the now!"

Once inside, I decided on which elevator to choose based on which one those ladies did NOT choose! lol! I had listened to about enough of their droning on and petty complaints. Who needs that negativity in your life? Especially at Disney World!

Anyway, I rode Tower of Terror....and, as always, LOVED it! It's just so much fun to be in that 'elevator' and to hear every single person laughing! That falling over and over again sensation is just soooo much fun!

When I got off the ride, I quickly found DW near the exit of the ride and we proceeded to leave Hollywood Studios. There was a tram waiting so we decided it would be faster to go ahead and ride, even though it was a short ride.

It wasn't even noon yet and we had already been to two parks! We had ridden Expedition Everest twice, Primeval Whirl twice, Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. Now it was time to drive over to the Magic Kingdom and to get some lunch. Park #3 (Magic Kingdom) is coming up next!

Woohoo Park number 2! I love rockin roller coaster it is a favorite of mine as well. In January this year was my first time going on ToT. My family isn't one for drop rides but once I went on it I can't believe I hasn't been on it before. Can't wait to hear about the MK because that park always seems to be busy.

Wow! I bet you were in HS about as long as it took me to read your update!!!

Woohoo Park number 2! I love rockin roller coaster it is a favorite of mine as well. In January this year was my first time going on ToT. My family isn't one for drop rides but once I went on it I can't believe I hasn't been on it before. Can't wait to hear about the MK because that park always seems to be busy.

Oh yeah...Rock N Roller Coaster are two of my three favorite Disney attractions! (The third being Expedition Everest.) And Tower of Terror is such an amazing experience...with the visuals and everything. Love it! MK is up next!

Wow! I bet you were in HS about as long as it took me to read your update!!!

Hahahahaha probably so! From the time we pulled into the parking lot until the time we left was only about an hour and a half....but that was long enough to ride Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror without using any fastpasses! (I LOVE Toy Story Mania, but we knew that would be impossible in a four-park day.)

subscribing

Thank you! Welcome! Glad to have you reading along!

Chapter 9: PARK #3 - Magic Kingdom (part I):

It was about 11:50am on Saturday, February 7th when we arrived at the Magic Kingdom parking lot. We had already been to Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios and were still ahead of our planned schedule. We opted to take the ferry to the Magic Kingdom instead of the monorail. (We always take the monorail...so we thought we'd try something a little different!)

You can see the Grand Floridian on the left and Cinderella's Castle on the right...

We had strategically chosen our Fastpasses for our afternoon at the Magic Kingdom: 1:30-Space Mountain, 3:30-Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, 4:30-Splash Mountain.

Upon entering the Magic Kingdom, we decided to make a bee-line to Fantasyland just to see what the standby line time was for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (since we couldn't get a fastpass for that ride.) 120 minutes! Umm....no. Not today. Besides, we rode it 3 or 4 times on our trip last June...so we really didn't expect to ride today, but thought we would at least check it out.

We were starting to get hungry and decided to have lunch at Columbia Harbour House. (On past trips, we've been on Deluxe Dining Plan, so this trip was our first to pay out of pocket.)

Columbia Harbour House turned out to be a GREAT option!!!

The restaurant was very, very crowded and busy...but they were very organized and knew what they were doing! We placed our order and the food was ready almost immediately. Even though it was crowded, we found a nice quaint table upstairs where we could rest a bit and enjoy our lunch.

I ordered the Fried Shrimp with a side of coleslaw...

Very good! For a quick service restaurant, I was very impressed!

DW ordered the Lobster Roll with house made chips:

Okay, this was SERIOUSLY delicious! and very filling! And it was only like $12. Great value. I was more than pleasantly surprised with Columbia Harbour House, I was actually very impressed and hope to eat here again on our next trip. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a quick service option at the Magic Kingdom.

As we finished our lunch it was about 12:35pm. Our fastpass for Space Mountain wasn't until 1:30, so we had plenty of time to ride something. We decided to walk over to Big Thunder Mountain to see what the standby time was....

30 minutes! Cool! We decided to get in line and ride!

(I took this pic while in line for BTMRR)...

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad selfie!!!

After riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, we decided to go ahead and walk over to Tomorrowland.

DW told me that she had never ridden Astro Orbiter. (My son and I have ridden many times....we especially like it at night!) It still wasn't quite time for our fastpass for Space Mountain, so we decided to ride!

When we got off Astro Orbiter it was about 2pm, so headed straight over to Space Mountain.

It was awesome as always!!!

It was about 2:20 and we had quite a bit of time until our next Fastpass at 3:30, so we headed back to Fantasyland to catch one of our favorite attractions....Mickey's Philharmagic!

Even though the theatre is really starting to look dated, we absolutely LOVE this attraction! I was glad we were able to get this one in on this whirlwind 4-parks-in-1-day day! :)

As we exited, we began to make our way to Adventureland. It wasn't even 3:00pm yet and we had already done so much! We had ridden Expedition Everest twice, Primeval Whirl twice, Rock 'N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, lunch at Columbia Harbour House, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Astro Orbiter, Space Mountain, and Mickey's Philharmagic!!!

Coming up in the next chapter: A Dole Whip snack and more fun at Magic Kingdom! Stay tuned! :)

Last edited:
So awesome!! I LOVE Columbia Harbor House...the upstairs seating is so nice with its view of Frontierland and Liberty Square. My daughter and I are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour and lunch at CHH is included...Lobster roll time!! I'm having a blast reading about your adventure...so cool doing four parks in one day! Looks like you saved Epcot for last...curious to see if you got Soarin' in...hmm? :)

I have never been to Columbia harbor house. It looks good but I'm not a huge fan of seafood.

Big thunder is my favorite mountain of the three.

Philharmagic is a favorite of mine as well.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the adventure.

I have never been to Columbia harbor house. It looks good but I'm not a huge fan of seafood.

That's understandable...they do have the Lighthouse Sandwich which lots of people love: Hummus, Tomato, and Broccoli Slaw on Toasted Multigrain Bread with Potato Chips...only $9.49!! They also have a vegetarian chili and a couple of salads w/o seafood. The second floor is just a wonderful place to sit and enjoy a meal...so you could always grab something from the Village Haus or Pecos Bill and then haul it up there! :)

So awesome!! I LOVE Columbia Harbor House...the upstairs seating is so nice with its view of Frontierland and Liberty Square. My daughter and I are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour and lunch at CHH is included...Lobster roll time!! I'm having a blast reading about your adventure...so cool doing four parks in one day! Looks like you saved Epcot for last...curious to see if you got Soarin' in...hmm? :)

We really enjoyed Columbia Harbour House and from now on anytime we're paying out of pocket, this will be our lunch spot. You're right...that upstairs has some really cool views!

Congratulations on doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour! That will be SOOOO much fun! And yes, definitely get you a lobster roll! Oh man, those were good!

Thanks for reading along! Yep, saved Epcot for last!

Big thunder is my favorite mountain of the three.

Philharmagic is a favorite of mine as well.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the adventure.

I saw some other people who ordered the chicken nuggets and they looked yummy also. That might be something that would interest you...and it's under $10!

Ahhhh, I LOVE Big Thunder! I'd probably give my vote of favorite mountain to Splash, but Big Thunder would be the one I would want to ride over and over and over! :) We love it!

To me, Philharmagic is like the "Best of Disney"! I hope they keep that attraction around for a long, long time. It's just such a 'feel good' experience! I love riding on the magic carpet with Donald...and smelling the pies....and singing 'be our guest'....and splashing into the water with Aerial...and singing "just can't wait to be king" with Simba....well, you get it! :) The first time we ever took our kids to WDW was in 2005, and this was ALL of our favorite attraction, so I will eternally love it!

More adventure coming up!

That's understandable...they do have the Lighthouse Sandwich which lots of people love: Hummus, Tomato, and Broccoli Slaw on Toasted Multigrain Bread with Potato Chips...only $9.49!! They also have a vegetarian chili and a couple of salads w/o seafood. The second floor is just a wonderful place to sit and enjoy a meal...so you could always grab something from the Village Haus or Pecos Bill and then haul it up there! :)

I've never been to Village Haus but I've always wanted to sit up there and watch the people riding "It's a Small World"! That hummus sandwich sounds really good....I love hummus! We make it at home quite often.

Hi Alan, I thought your name seemed familiar & I figured that I saw it as you commented on other threads. I went back & read your report from last summer & saw that Sara (Prncess A) replied to many of your posts & then it hit me! She mentioned you in her trip report, "Wait, do we have a fastpass for that?" She called you the "famous Alan Renfroe" or something like that when she saw you at the Yee Haw Bob Show. How funny. Anyway, you have a beautiful family & I enjoyed that trip report as well. I will steal your idea of having my kids pose during our next trip like they did on our last trip. It is so wonderfully bittersweet to see how fast they grow. I also hope to take a grown ups only trip to Disney with my husband, but that will have to be when our kids are a bit older. Until then, I will enjoy your grown up Disney trip! Thanks for sharing.

Hi Alan, I thought your name seemed familiar & I figured that I saw it as you commented on other threads. I went back & read your report from last summer & saw that Sara (Prncess A) replied to many of your posts & then it hit me! She mentioned you in her trip report, "Wait, do we have a fastpass for that?" She called you the "famous Alan Renfroe" or something like that when she saw you at the Yee Haw Bob Show. How funny. Anyway, you have a beautiful family & I enjoyed that trip report as well. I will steal your idea of having my kids pose during our next trip like they did on our last trip. It is so wonderfully bittersweet to see how fast they grow. I also hope to take a grown ups only trip to Disney with my husband, but that will have to be when our kids are a bit older. Until then, I will enjoy your grown up Disney trip! Thanks for sharing.

Oh how cool! Thanks RDawn! Yes yes it was so cool that Sara saw me at Yee Haw Bob and I had no idea! I loved her trip report and we had a great trip as well. Thanks for reading along! We've enjoyed all of our WDW trips with the kids....but hey, this adult trip was pretty darn fun too!

Day 10: PARK #3 - Magic Kingdom (part II)

Our Whirlwind 4-parks-in-1-day adventure was going great so far! When we got out of Philharmagic, it was about 2:40pm. Our next Fastpass was for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at 3:30, so we decided to go to Adventureland and have a Dole Whip Float!

After hearing and reading so much about the famous Dole Whip, we had to try one on our last trip this past summer....and of course now we MUST have one every time!

We sat down on a nearby bench and enjoyed our delicious treat.

Jungle Cruise was just around the corner and it had a posted standby line time of 30 minutes. We still had plenty of time before our Big Thunder Mountain fastpass, so we jumped in line!

Umm....the posted time was wrong...by a long shot. The line moved very, very slowly. We thought about bailing, but decided to ride anyway. It ended up taking almost a full hour to ride. I had not ridden Jungle Cruise in probably 10 years and so the appeal is the nostalgia. That being said, the boats were crowded, we were sitting on a very uncomfortable part of the boat, the 'captain' was more than a little corny, we had to wait a long time on other boats to get back off...and the lady captain insisted on making conversation with each one of us individually. Long story short: this was by far our longest and most frustrating ride of the day. I don't think I'll be wanting to ride Jungle Cruise again for quite some time.

We had a 3:30 Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, but now it was already getting close to 4:20. We hurried to BTMRR to make our fastpass time before it was too late.

We made it! Second time on BTMRR today! Woohoo!

And the good thing was that by the time we were off Big Thunder, it was time for our fastpass at Splash Mountain, so we just walked right on over and hopped on!

Now that we had expired our three fastpasses, we decided to take the WDW Railroad train back to Main Street USA.

We got off the train and decided to just spend a few minutes soaking up the magic of Main Street USA and take a few pictures.

Check out how beautiful the sky was that day! What a treat for early February!

Hey look! That dude doesn't have a head!

It was now about 5pm and we decided that it was time to leave the Magic Kingdom to go to Epcot.

The sun was starting to go down as we got on the monorail to take us back to our vehicle.

We had originally planned to ride the monorail to the Ticket & Transportation area, then switch to the Epcot monorail, but it was starting to get a little cool and we thought we would probably need our jackets after the sun went down....so we decided to go back to our vehicle and just drive over to Epcot.

This was just an incredibly awesome day! Three parks down...one to go!

Coming up next: The adventure continues with an evening at Epcot!

Last edited:
That's a pretty full day packed into a few hours! I best a lot of peeps can't get that much done in a whole day! Why do the dole whips look orange?

That's a pretty full day packed into a few hours! I best a lot of peeps can't get that much done in a whole day! Why do the dole whips look orange?

Yeah I was absolutely amazed at how much we got done in one day. It far exceeded our expectations. This is a Dole Whip Float with Orange ice cream and fresh pineapple juice. Delicious!

I really enjoyed your last trip report. This one is great too! Could have used it when we did a two day whirlwind back in August! :rotfl: I especially appreciate it as a quick trip without the kids. My husband and I are child-free and we love to see what goes down without the kids. Not that I don't love a big family trip report!

What a full fun filled day! Dole whips are a must for me as well before trying one I couldn't believe I hadn't had one prior.

I will agree that the jungle cruise line does move quiet slow but I've never had a bad experience on the ride.

You can never go wrong with BTMRR and Splash mountain.

Can't wait to hear about Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter