AAA discounts for DL?

experiment626mom

<font color=purple>I hate when people breathe on m
If I call Disney to make reservations, will I get me AAA discount? Does apply only to Disney property resorts or good neighbor resorts only?

Thanks

I believe Disney still offers AAA discounts, but it's pretty minimal (I think only 10-15%).

I've found that the Disneyland packages are usually pretty good. If you're travelling in the fall, the past few years they've had a special where you can get the 4th night free. It depends on your needs though.

Thanks, I'm so used to going to DW where the AAA discount is cloe to a neccessity!! I'm off to DL.com to check out the fall packages!!

experiment626mom said:
If I call Disney to make reservations, will I get me AAA discount? Does apply only to Disney property resorts or good neighbor resorts only?

Thanks

Don't forget that if you book through AAA and stay onsite, you get unlimited fastpasses. I also found their rate to be marginally cheaper and they do have a toll-free number.

My experience was that I got a noticably better rate with a package through AAA for a view room, at least at the GCH. There was no noticable difference in the rate booking through AAA for standard view rooms. The enhanced fastpass benefit (available only when you book a package through AAA which includes a stay at one of the Disney properties) is really nice, especially if you are going during a busy time. However, for stays past mid January, this benefit may not be available. I don't know if the 2006 AAA benefits are available yet.

AAA packages include parking at the Mickey and Friends parking lot. Depending upon where you stay, that might or might not help you.

I'd contact you AAA agent and have them quote you some packages and then compare with Disney directly, or Dreams Unlimited through this web site.

AAA also gets you a discount on annual passes! Otherwise - annual passes get no other breaks! :sunny:

How much is the AAA discount on an annual pass? I'm taking guests there Friday and I figure I might as well buy myself a pass (I'll need the best one otherwise Friday is a blackout day).
And do you know which restaurants give a discount for the annual pass? Blue Bayou? The BBQ place?

:cool1:

CaliforniaDreamer said:
How much is the AAA discount on an annual pass? I'm taking guests there Friday and I figure I might as well buy myself a pass (I'll need the best one otherwise Friday is a blackout day).
And do you know which restaurants give a discount for the annual pass? Blue Bayou? The BBQ place?

:cool1:

This Friday is not a blackout day for either the regular SoCal passport or the Deuxe (it is for the SoCal select). Saturday is not even a blackout day for the Deuxe.

No idea what the discount is, though.

Restaurants vary for discounts depending upon which AP you get. I would guess one of the varioous Disney fan sites has a list (maybe Mousesavers?).

Some of the restaurant discounts with a Premium AP are:

Blue Bayou 15%
Carnationa Cafe 15%
Frnech Market 10%
Plaze Inn 10%
Rancho Zecalo 10%

Ariels 15%
Pacific Warf 10%
Wine Country Trattoria 15%
Taste Pilots 10%

Goofy's Kitchen 10%
Storytellers Cafe 10%
PHC Grill 10%
Hooks Point 10%

(I only had notes on the ones I was intested in...there's lots more)

Also 10% at Catal & Jazz Kitchen in DTD (two of my favorites) and there are discounts at the AMC at DTD also. I think it's all on the Disney web-site.

Hmmmmm. I wonder how many of these places I can eat at when I'm there in just 45 HOURS!

Thank you ibouncetoo for that. I ended up not getting the premium though. The best deal for me was the Socal annual pass for $149. I will likely return two more times before the 12 months are up and I can live with those blackout days (most Sats, school holidays). Stephens, you are right, it was the $99 select pass that had today as a blackout day. If I lived in OC, I'd get a lot more use out of the annual pass. Warning if you're buying this - they will take your photo so don't come in with hat hair! :rolleyes1

Well, I just got back and actually forgot to use my discount at Jazz Kitchen.....I hate when that happens!

I did just find out that most of the DTD restaurants take DISNEY DOLLARS! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter