Actual Dog Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've yet to see a child urinating on furniture.
Oh boy....that's a loaded comment. I don't know that I've asked every parent with their child with them on furniture if they've ever had their child pee on it but I'm sure a parent on the DIS (and in everyday life) has had unfortunate accidents with their child before.

But in any case my comment is something we have the opportunity to see everyday. Just saying that's what the woman reminded me of and my guess is she's probably like that in a variety of situations in her everyday life. Don't know why you would feel the need to go on the immediate defense.

Oh boy....that's a loaded comment. I don't know that I've asked every parent with their child with them on furniture if they've ever had their child pee on it but I'm sure a parent on the DIS (and in everyday life) has had unfortunate accidents with their child before.

But in any case my comment is something we have the opportunity to see everyday. Just saying that's what the woman reminded me of and my guess is she's probably like that in a variety of situations in her everyday life. Don't know why you would feel the need to go on the immediate defense.
Haha, now that you mention it, I'm sure that children HAVE been observed [accidentally] peeing on furniture. I totally forgot about those accidents that occur when kiddos are potty training. Sorry!:rotfl2:

Thank you for letting us know about this. Do you know if the person was told to leave the resort? I'm afraid this is going to be a constant problem going forward. Hopefully DVC personnel will handle it properly and promptly. Only time will tell, but I'm afraid Disney has opened a really big can of worms!

I've yet to see a child urinating on furniture.

I wish I could say the same. I've seen it both in a hotel lobby (Pop) and in more than one ride queue at MK (Splash and Big Thunder - although that was just on the ground, as was the time in the Hub while waiting for fireworks, so maybe that doesn't count?).

This was our experience this week at a non dog resort.

My wife and I checked into the Polynesian Villas this week in the Tokelau building. As soon as we entered there was a guest sitting on the couches with their dog. The dog was barking at guests and then started "marking" the funiture up. The owner of the dog barely looked up as the dog was tearing up the building lobby. Clearly it was not a service dog. (pics below) Had a good talk with the front desk and shared the pics and video of the dog tearing up the lobby area. DVC executive leadership responded quickly and called after it was reported, I did let them know our overall frustration and dissapointment.
Thank you for your report. I do have a couple of questions. (1) Exactly what do you mean by ""marking" the funiture up"? Was it peeing on the furniture? (2) Can you post the video? I would like to see the video if you can find a way to post it. Your photos don't show a dog tearing anything up. (3) If not, do you have a photo of the damage the dog made? (4) Are you double-dog (sorry, I couldn't help myself) sure that it wasn't a service dog?

My wife and I checked into the Polynesian Villas this week in the Tokelau building. As soon as we entered there was a guest sitting on the couches with their dog. The dog was barking at guests and then started "marking" the funiture up. The owner of the dog barely looked up as the dog was tearing up the building lobby. Clearly it was not a service dog. (pics below) Had a good talk with the front desk and shared the pics and video of the dog tearing up the lobby area. DVC executive leadership responded quickly and called after it was reported, I did let them know our overall frustration and dissapointment.

Right there in the lobby for all CMs to see. It's a shame that guests have to be the ones to point this type of thing out. Hard to believe that no CMs were aware of it. Thanks so much for following through and making them aware of the dog.

Thank you for your report. I do have a couple of questions. (1) Exactly what do you mean by ""marking" the funiture up"? Was it peeing on the furniture? (2) Can you post the video? I would like to see the video if you can find a way to post it. Your photos don't show a dog tearing anything up. (3) If not, do you have a photo of the damage the dog made? (4) Are you double-dog (sorry, I couldn't help myself) sure that it wasn't a service dog?

I can't speak for the person that experienced the dog...but service dogs are trained to be four paws on the floor and silent at their persons feet. If the dog was sitting on the furniture and was barking at guests as they pass it is extremely unlikely it was a service dog.

Additionally, why would DVC executive leadership call @AceVac to address concerns if the dog in question was a legitimate service dog and allowed on the premises? Basically I'm saying I feel there is no way it was a service dog given Disney's response.

EDITED FOR CLARITY

Last edited:
Additionally, why would DVC executive leadership call the guest that brought the dog to the attention of the front desk if it was a legitimate service dog and allowed on the premises.

I read that to mean DVC Leadership called @AceVac after they complained to the front desk. :confused3

I can't speak for the person that experienced the dog...but service dogs are trained to be four paws on the floor and silent at their persons feet. If the dog was sitting on the furniture and was barking at guests as they pass it is extremely unlikely it was a service dog. Additionally, why would DVC executive leadership call the guest that brought the dog to the attention of the front desk if it was a legitimate service dog and allowed on the premises?

Perhaps but even a service dog should not be on the furniture or disturbing other guests by barking. Disney should consistently enforce those rules.

I have seen many children (mostly boys) urinating in the parks and at the bus stops usually with the "ok" of their parents.
I was with a family once a few years ago that was potty training their daughter that had MANY accidents on furniture and else where but they did not want to bring attention to it and embarrass their child so they said nothing (YUCK)
Almost every trip I am sad to say I see people change their child's diapers in public.
On my last trip to AK we actually had a family change a dirty diaper on the table right next to us at a counter service and then leave all their trash there including the diaper !!!!!!

I read that to mean DVC Leadership called @AceVac after they complained to the front desk. :confused3

My phrasing wasn't the best. What I meant was why would DVC executive leadership call @AceVac if they dog in question was indeed a service dog. I can only assume they called to address the concern. If it was a service dog then it would have been no issue for it to be on the premises.

I just finished reading your post on a FB group & wondered if you’d post here. Thanks for sharing.

Since this is not a a dog friendly resort, I don’t think this violation has anything to do with the new policy. Think she would have tried to do this either way. Would be interesting to know what happen b/c I suspect she probably came prepared to lie.

Perhaps but even a service dog should not be on the furniture or disturbing other guests by barking. Disney should consistently enforce those rules.
Disney website clearly states

Guests who use service animals must retain control of their animals at all times and should keep them on a leash or harness while visiting. Cast Members are not permitted to take control of service animals

From the picture the only thing she had control of was her cell phone.

I can't speak for the person that experienced the dog...but service dogs are trained to be four paws on the floor and silent at their persons feet. If the dog was sitting on the furniture and was barking at guests as they pass it is extremely unlikely it was a service dog.

Additionally, why would DVC executive leadership call @AceVac to address concerns if the dog in question was a legitimate service dog and allowed on the premises? Basically I'm saying I feel there is no way it was a service dog given Disney's response.

EDITED FOR CLARITY
While "four paws on the floor" may be a standard, it is not a requirement. This dog may in fact be a service dog, barking and all and Disney's response makes sense to me in any case.

The dog was NOT a service dog, the resort managers were trying to locate these guests. The hotel knows exactly which rooms/areas the service dogs are located. DVC reached out to me because I emailed the SVP of DVC all of this right after it happened. Members of DVC pay significant maintenance fees each year and dogs destroying common areas is highly concerning to me.

The dog was NOT a service dog, the resort managers were trying to locate these guests. The hotel knows exactly which rooms/areas the service dogs are located. DVC reached out to me because I emailed the SVP of DVC all of this right after it happened. Members of DVC pay significant maintenance fees each year and dogs destroying common areas is highly concening to me.

Thanks again for providing additional information. I’m glad that you reached out to DVC executive leadership as you had every right to express your concerns. I know that if I encounter dogs acting in that manner at the resorts I’m staying at in December I would be altering the front desk and sending a similar email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter