Admin Please Close Thread.

How many do laundry at WDW? We have 12 nights coming up, 15 if you count Thanksgiving with my parents on the way. We have a washer and dryer the last half, but none for the first. We are moving around a lot with splits and hate lugging dirty clothes.

I can either do a load or two at the YC or the RIV. Is one laundry better than the other?

How many do laundry at WDW? We have 12 nights coming up, 15 if you count Thanksgiving with my parents on the way. We have a washer and dryer the last half, but none for the first. We are moving around a lot with splits and hate lugging dirty clothes.

I can either do a load or two at the YC or the RIV. Is one laundry better than the other?
I always do laundry when I do a week long stay at WDW. It was annoying when I stayed at a studio at AKL last year where there's no washer + dryer unit in the room. My room was also the farthest possible room you can be from the lobby/laundry room so that was fun to do that back and forth 🙃

I know a lot of people hate doing laundry on vacation but I don't mind it.

Typically, we do 1BDR or higher when visiting WDW and always at least do a load of laundry - especially with your split stay and the packing/repacking -

Reactions: rlk

I do laundry almost every trip. I am a very early riser, so when we don't stay in a one bedroom DVC room, I will rope drop the laundry room. My love of traveling light and coming home with clean clothing is what motivates me.

Like your trip, our 12 night July trip has us staying at three resorts. The first half I will try to make it without doing laundry because the the last half we have a one bedroom with a washer /dryer.

I never stayed at the Riviera or Yacht Club, but am very familiar with doing laundry at the Beach Club prior to joining DVC. Just like Beach Club, the Yacht Club's laundry room is in a separate building right next to the quiet pool. I actually enjoyed getting up early, putting a load of wash in and then reading a book on a lounge chair by the pool while waiting.

Still on the topic of laundry...
How do you feel about someone taking clothes out of a washer /dryer? Living in an apartment building with one shared washer and dryer per floor, I will take out clothing that's been sitting for too long if I need to use the machine. This is what everyone on my floor does and no one gets offended. I set an alarm to avoid inconveniencing anyone.

Last edited:
Still on the topic of laundry...
How do you feel about someone taking clothes out of a washer /dryer? Living in an apartment building with one shared washer and dryer per floor, I will take out clothing that's been sitting for to long if I need to use the machine. This is what everyone on my floor does and no one gets offended. I set an alarm to avoid inconveniencing anyone.
I usually give a grace period of 5-10 minutes before I'll remove someone's stuff from the washer/dryer but I only do that if every other machine is full. That actually happened to me while doing laundry at AKL - every unit was taken by the same person (I think theres 6 washers and maybe 3 dryers at Kidani). I wanted to finish before going to the park and that person didn't come back within 10 minutes so I took out their stuff and placed it on top of the unit. Turns out that was the right call as when I went to put my clothes in the dryer, their stuff was still there. It was still there when I went to grab my dried clothes so I assume this person just...went to the park while they left their stuff in the laundry room?

I usually give a grace period of 5-10 minutes before I'll remove someone's stuff from the washer/dryer but I only do that if every other machine is full. That actually happened to me while doing laundry at AKL - every unit was taken by the same person (I think theres 6 washers and maybe 3 dryers at Kidani). I wanted to finish before going to the park and that person didn't come back within 10 minutes so I took out their stuff and placed it on top of the unit. Turns out that was the right call as when I went to put my clothes in the dryer, their stuff was still there. It was still there when I went to grab my dried clothes so I assume this person just...went to the park while they left their stuff in the laundry room?
I've read about people getting upset when their clothing is removed. I think a lot of people don't understand the concept of a shared laundry room because they've never had to deal with one.

I'm like you a 10-minute grace period is reasonable unless I'm in a big hurry, then I will wait 5 minutes.

I'm too type A to not wait on mine so it never gets taken out. Honestly, I'm not sure I've ever had to do someone else's, but I would!

I've read about people getting upset when their clothing is removed. I think a lot of people don't understand the concept of a shared laundry room because they've never had to deal with one.

I'm like you a 10-minute grace period is reasonable unless I'm in a big hurry, then I will wait 5 minutes.
I get being upset about other people touching your clothes but I also think it's unreasonable to leave your clothes in the machine for 20, 30, 40 minutes especially since there aren't a lot of units. Not everyone is staying in a 1 or 2 bedroom where they can wash their clothes in their room.

I also lived in apartments/dorms before so I'm used to having to do this I guess.

I only do laundry on vacation if the washer/dryer are in the room. So when we used to stay at OKW with the extended family we would do laundry because you can throw a load in and go to the park. I never do it when it's more of a laundromat set up because I don't want to have to waste time babysitting my clothes.

The last time I did laundry in the community area was yeeeaaarrrs ago at the Poly. It felt like it was miles away.

If I don't do it in the first half of the trip, I may run out of clothes. Need to stock up on the good undies 😂

I really like the laundry at YC. It’s by the quiet pool, which is rarely busy so I can sit there with a book if I want to relax and not go back to the room while clothes are in the dryer. There is of course the app to check if the machines are done, but it’s a nice area there.

I’m working on my wardrobe for my trip. I’ve decided to go with Disney tees and shorts mostly. I’ll bring a few dresses since we’re going to do some nicer restaurants in the evening.

I'm also building my trip wardrobe. I don't know what it is about travel that always makes me want new clothes 😂 I'm going with mostly athletic wear or Disney tanks/shorts for the daytime, and I might finally gather the courage for some light disney-bounding. Then I'll take a couple of nicer options for dinners. I always tend to overdress a little for dinners in Disney because we have little kids and don't get the opportunity to dress up much.

I do laundry almost every trip. I am a very early riser, so when we don't stay in a one bedroom DVC room, I will rope drop the laundry room. My love of traveling light and coming home with clean clothing is what motivates me.

Like your trip, our 12 night July trip has us staying at three resorts. The first half I will try to make it without doing laundry because the the last half we have a one bedroom with a washer /dryer.

I really admire all of you doing laundry on vacation. I KNOW rationally that I could pack so much lighter if I would just buck up and do a load of laundry, but.... yeah, I just hate laundry and the idea of doing it while I'm on vacation. I might be more willing if the laundry were in our room, but alas, we stick with studio villas :confused3 Our last trip was 12 nights and my laundry aversion resulted in approximately 47 suitcases....

• Haha
I'm also building my trip wardrobe. I don't know what it is about travel that always makes me want new clothes 😂 I'm going with mostly athletic wear or Disney tanks/shorts for the daytime, and I might finally gather the courage for some light disney-bounding. Then I'll take a couple of nicer options for dinners. I always tend to overdress a little for dinners in Disney because we have little kids and don't get the opportunity to dress up much.
I’ve done a little bit of Disney bounding before. I don’t take it as far as some that I see but it’s fun. I think my outfit for MNSSHP will qualify more as Disney bounding than as an actual costume, although the character‘s outfits in the movie aren’t too out there to begin with. I’m still working on putting it together.

I'm kind of indifferent about them. I have 3 sets of packing cubes but they haven't been as life changing for me as they have for some people on travel/Disney message boards. I've used them several times over the last few years. I used them on our Disney trip last summer with the intention of just moving them from the suitcases to the drawers (Disney is about the only place we actually unpack our suitcases), but my husband thought he was being helpful while I was returning the luggage cart to bell services and he took everything out of the packing cubes and dumped it all directly in the drawers. :rolleyes2 I do think the cubes keep things more organized when we're traveling somewhere warm. But I don't use them when we're traveling somewhere cold. They aren't very practical (for me) when packing jeans, sweatshirts, sweaters, etc.

I use the packing cubes for undies, bras, socks, pajamas, swimsuits and electronics' cords. I use the packing envelopes for shirts and shorts/pants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter