Admin Please Close Thread.

We always get at least a 1 bedroom villa so I can do laundry. Like others have said, doing laundry at home is a pain but on vacation for some strange reason, I'm ok to do it :rotfl2: I've also started doing laundry on cruises, too lol
I didn't even know doing it on a cruise was a thing! Although our last cruise (2009?) was so bad DH said never again!

I didn't even know doing it on a cruise was a thing! Although our last cruise (2009?) was so bad DH said never again!
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. Our first cruise was not great either but somehow I managed to talk DH into doing one more and the rest, as they say, is history. #11 this August! Though after this one I think we are taking a break for a year or two and doing more land-based vacations haha

I’m going to be staying at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai for the first time in a few weeks! I’m so excited. Great to know about the laundry. I will take advantage of that. I will also be using packing cubes. 😄
Tidepools was just amazing. We didn't try the luau there, but it looked fun (and very popular). My autistic son still talks about the Hawaiian monk seal he saw on the beach there (it was just chilling, because, well, Hawaii!)

Some cruise lines have public laundry facilities--check whichever line/ship you're going on.

We do rent timeshares/condos now and again--since there are 6 of us, and we value space, it makes sense. If our "residence" includes a washer/dryer, I do laundry almost every day. It's not that big a deal, and it sure beats coming home to a massive pile.

I’m going to be staying at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai for the first time in a few weeks! I’m so excited. Great to know about the laundry. I will take advantage of that. I will also be using packing cubes. 😄
Funny personal story ... We were staying on a property adjacent to the Grand Hyatt (Stunning Place btw). There was an infinity pool near a seating area off the lobby - below that is a trail around the grounds leading toward the shore. Wanting to get up to the lobby without going along the proper path - I took a "shortcut" through a trail which turned out to be a maintenance path for the pool - so as I started to walk up to it - it looked (to the audience in the lobby) that I was rising from the pool itself. They were stunned! lol - I was so embarrassed

I'm getting a 1BR villa for the first time my upcoming trip. And, yes, I am looking forward to the laundry! :D I won't have a laundry room for the second part of my trip, so I was thinking of washing everything before I leave the villa.

What about the kitchen part of the 1 and 2 BRs? How often do you guys use that?

I'm getting a 1BR villa for the first time my upcoming trip. And, yes, I am looking forward to the laundry! :D I won't have a laundry room for the second part of my trip, so I was thinking of washing everything before I leave the villa.

We like having a full kitchen, mainly for the full-sized refrigerator but don't really do much cooking.

We like it for breakfast, for heating up leftovers, and for the full size refrigerator. DS #1 is on the spectrum and he wasn’t the most adventurous eater when he was younger. The kitchen was great if we needed to make a meal for him.

We like it for breakfast, for heating up leftovers, and for the full size refrigerator. DS #1 is on the spectrum and he wasn’t the most adventurous eater when he was younger. The kitchen was great if we needed to make a meal for him.
We get some frozen throw in the oven type meals too. There are just days if the weather is bad, we don't want to get drown just to buy an overpriced hamburger. Sunny weather, we buy the overpriced burger.

But yes, mostly breakfast and the fridge.

This trip I'm adding an 8 inch frying pan to the luggage list. Don't want to waste time scrubbing the DVC frying pan that lost it's non-stickable egos ago.

Oh don't forget a half decent knife in your suitcase. The times I've been in a bigger villa, the knives couldn't cut butter on a hot day.

Depends where we are staying. At Aulani the kitchen gets used a LOT. And if we ever stay at Hilton Head or Vero then I anticipate the same amount of usage. For DL and WDW the kitchen probably only gets used for coffee and breakfast (if we aren't doing a character breakfast). And the fridge will store leftovers ;-)

My question today is do you like packing cubes? I love them you can smoosh so much more stuff in them and they keep my suitcase so organized. We typically only use carry on when traveling no matter how long the trip.
LOVE packing cubes. I actually flew this weekend with my brand-new-to-me COMPRESSION packing cubes. I was skeptical but I do think they let me shove more in my carry-on. And I am team carry-on-only unless flying Southwest, usually. (Then I'll chuck a bunch of full sized liquids in a checked bag lol.)

Love packing cubes AND packing envelopes. They are a game changer especially when used together. Never heard of them until I read about them on the DIS many, many years ago. You really do find interesting nuggets here that are useful and not just....enabling :rolleyes1

Ooh what are packing envelopes? I googled and all the results were Uline, ha.

I hate dragging around luggage too, but I’ve been burned too many times with lost luggage so I at least pack my favorite shorts and my swimming suit. I figure that I can replace everything else easily but I’m kinda fussy about those two articles.

BUUUUTTT, since we are on the topic of luggage; I’m so annoyed with the boarding process and watching people trying to shove their suitcases overhead while holding everybody else up. 😡

That part doesn't annoy me as much as:
  1. Gate lice, just board WITH YOUR GROUP like you're SUPPOSED TO but then, as a member of team carry-on, I get anxious about overhead bin space and become a gate louse myself. Am I ashamed? Yes.

2. The people who SPRINT to the front of the plane after landing, as soon as the seatbelt sign is off but before the door is open. Let's all get off the plane in an orderly fashion, row by row, thanks so much. This happened to me on my last flight, I stood up to get my bag down from the overhead, cutting a woman off of her sprint and she hovered SO CLOSE to my personal space while we all just stood there. Waiting. Together. She cut so many people off. The only exception to this is if you have a tight connection, which I know was not the case in this instance based on the arrival time and airport.

I'm also building my trip wardrobe. I don't know what it is about travel that always makes me want new clothes 😂 I'm going with mostly athletic wear or Disney tanks/shorts for the daytime, and I might finally gather the courage for some light disney-bounding. Then I'll take a couple of nicer options for dinners. I always tend to overdress a little for dinners in Disney because we have little kids and don't get the opportunity to dress up much.

I am the same way about wanting to get a whole new wardrobe almost every time I travel! I literally went through my closet the other day to remind myself of all the clothes I already own. And I've still got a couple of things en route for my next trip ...

How many do laundry at WDW? We have 12 nights coming up, 15 if you count Thanksgiving with my parents on the way. We have a washer and dryer the last half, but none for the first. We are moving around a lot with splits and hate lugging dirty clothes.

I can either do a load or two at the YC or the RIV. Is one laundry better than the other?
We do laundry if we have a long stay, but sometimes when there’s rain outs or kid vomit and it’s nice to have a washer & dryer in the room!

The last time I did laundry in the community area was yeeeaaarrrs ago at the Poly. It felt like it was miles away.

If I don't do it in the first half of the trip, I may run out of clothes. Need to stock up on the good undies 😂
I remember reading on a Dis thread years ago, I think it was the cruise forum, about bringing your worst underwear and then just throwing them away every day so make room in your suitcase for souvenirs 🤣
Ever since our first trip when we needed a few items laundered and paid $$$ for laundry service, we do laundry every trip. And by WE.....I mean DH. I was blessed with a husband who inherited the laundry gene from his mother. He enjoys doing laundry.
My husband is in charge of the laundry and I’m in charge of the dishes it works perfect in our house.

We get some frozen throw in the oven type meals too. There are just days if the weather is bad, we don't want to get drown just to buy an overpriced hamburger. Sunny weather, we buy the overpriced burger.

But yes, mostly breakfast and the fridge.

This trip I'm adding an 8 inch frying pan to the luggage list. Don't want to waste time scrubbing the DVC frying pan that lost it's non-stickable egos ago.

Oh don't forget a half decent knife in your suitcase. The times I've been in a bigger villa, the knives couldn't cut butter on a hot day.
Don’t forget a good spatula too, they usually only have a giant slotted one which is horrible for making any kind of eggs.

On DCL doing laundry is super easy and they have it connected to the app and lets you know how long is left so you aren’t that person leaving their stuff too long. They are super tiny though so you need to split large loads into multiple machines.

Can I go wayyy off topic.......These commericals for title lock, so your house isn't stolen from you. Why is it, that you lose your house and it's not on the bank or whatever that gave the house away?

To bring the topic (somehow) back to budget vacations....

I was watching a few Facebook reels, which I think are videos from TikTok and Instagram reposted onto Facebook, and a travel blogger was talking about budget alternatives to popular vacation destinations. Instead of Hawaii, you should go to Tahiti. LOL since when is Tahiti a budget vacation???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter