Admit it, you've been that rude guest!

My dh reminded me of the time a CM lost her mind on the queue.
We were at DCA in the line for the ferris wheel of death. I CM came through the line and informed the CM loading the carriages that her relief was late and "could you stay until midnight?" You could see the vein start pulsing on her forehead and she screams "NO NO I WILL NOT STAND HERE UNTIL MIDNIGHT!" Then she turned to the line and screamed something about Disney Magic and have "a magical f'ing day". threw her cast badge down and walked off. The poor kid who had to deliver the message to her was like...:eek:
Then he apologized and started loading people.

My dh reminded me of the time a CM lost her mind on the queue.
We were at DCA in the line for the ferris wheel of death. I CM came through the line and informed the CM loading the carriages that her relief was late and "could you stay until midnight?" You could see the vein start pulsing on her forehead and she screams "NO NO I WILL NOT STAND HERE UNTIL MIDNIGHT!" Then she turned to the line and screamed something about Disney Magic and have "a magical f'ing day". threw her cast badge down and walked off. The poor kid who had to deliver the message to her was like...:eek:
Then he apologized and started loading people.
I guess she couldn't stand looking at those swinging cages any longer. Truly the wheel of death, for her Disney career.

I've seen my fair share of rude behavior at WDW, as has everyone else. I've had the dude who pushed in front of us during a parade with his kid on his shoulders. At my "are you kidding me?" he left, which was refreshing, to be honest. One woman, who was on her phone while her kids tormented the wildlife and kept running under our table, only got off the phone when I told her children to go elsewhere because we were trying to eat. She said, "Get away from that mean woman." I wanted to point out she hadn't seen mean yet, but I'd be happy to give her a demonstration. But I just ignored her. We've seen just boneheaded people, like the couple who thought it was a great idea to pop open a jar of baby food and block an entire queue of folks from getting on the monorail as it pulled up.

But I've also been that mom who's lost it on her tween when she was being over-the-top ridiculous. We were at Epcot, playing that Phineas and Ferb game. My middle daughter picked the next country - China - and the other two kids flipped. We were near France, I think, and Illuminations was about to start. You'd have thought she committed the crime of the century. I said, trying to be patient, even though it was the end of a long and hot day, I'd take the middle kid to China while the other two stayed with my mom to watch the fireworks. The tween said, "But it's always been my dream to watch the fireworks with my whole family." Really? You're eleven. I'm paraphrazing, but I said something along the lines of needing to find a new dream, because two kids crying and my mom looking like she wanted to jump in the brain-eating-amoeba-infested lake didn't seem like a ton of fun to me.

I had the same experience at the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. I was "That Guy". At least now I know where not to sit. :o
If I'm not mistaken, they've changed the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and it's far more random ... that's how it seemed this time, anyway ...

Can't really say I have been the rude guest but my grandmother did pull a classic moment.

A few years ago we did a big family vacation. One day my parents and sister and I had what we called Nanny Duty. Means we have to have the gma with us for the day. We go to lunch in Japan at Epcot. As we are looking over the menu and we were helping her out with what she would eat and as the waitress was about to walk up she says very loudly "I don't like Japanese." We were modified. We told her its ok we didn't order all the food for her sake it was for the whole table. Kicker was we ordered edemame and she ended up eating them and liking them.

I think you won the thread. Also, my visual image of this is.. odd. lol

Trust me, It wasn't as surreal as being there! I was I looked at my DH and said, "Did that crazy b**** really just crawl up my back???" I'm normally a nonviolent person, but I assure you I took great pleasure in slamming her head into the glass! LOL

My mother and I were sitting waiting for the movie to start in France, quietly talking (movie hadn't started). This family sits right in front of us, entire theater empty, and the mom turns around and starts lecturing us about talking during the movie, waggling her finger at us, disapproving looks....the movie wasn't even on yet!! My mother just smiled at her and said " we appreciate your concern", which of course gave me the giggles.

In the end, we weren't rude, that lady was!

Trust me, It wasn't as surreal as being there! I was I looked at my DH and said, "Did that crazy b**** really just crawl up my back???" I'm normally a nonviolent person, but I assure you I took great pleasure in slamming her head into the glass! LOL

Just to throw it out there and be clear, I in no way meant for my comment on your post to condone physical violence on other guests, regardless of circumstance. That just isn't cool.

A lot of people posting about parents who send their kids in last minute to get a good seat/view of something. This has happened to me many times at Disney. The one time, the parents told their kids to sit on the street in front of my 10 year oldish kids. When the CM came through the parade route, she told MY kids to back up so these kids could sit on the curb. I was so shocked I said nothing.

Since then it's happened a few more times but now I say, 'Sorry, we have been waiting. Please move somewhere else.' You have to be ready to say it or people will take advantage. It's not the kids' fault: you can see the parents directing them where to go.

We rarely get spots early anymore; it's just not worth the hassle.

I have read most of these posts and I must admit I am a little nervous about our upcoming trip! :scared: I remember my first trip to WDW with my little brother. It was 20 years ago and I really had done no research and just didn't understand how WDW works. I sat him down by the rail at Epcot and then went to the restroom or something. I remember it getting really dark - because yes, they dim the lights! and I needed to find him. I was in a PANIC! I couldn't imagine calling my mother telling her I lost her son and I might have walked through and over people trying to get back to him. I am so sorry and can only say that I just didn't understand how quickly the crowd would build and how dark it would get. :sad2: I was really scared because I couldn't see him. Anyway, I try to remember that some people just don't know how it works and make bone head moves on accident. Now some are jerks and intentional but if I don't choose to believe that most are accidental I don't think I could ever go back to WDW.:flower1:

When the cast member instructs everyone to "fill in all available space" in the queue... I am going to be first to move. I don't think I'm rude to other guests that have been ahead of me, but I do take advantage of this instruction to advance more quickly into an attraction.

This past June after hours in mid day sweltering heat with a horrible cold. I'm 2nd in line to pay for a $6 pack of magic band charms for my kids who took 20 years to pick out. I'm hot, sweating, and out of patience. I'm the only other person at the register and the employee walks away when he finishes helping fix a problem for the CM ringing the guy in front of me. I assume he's coming back, but when he doesn't , I of course track him down and find him laughing and chatting with some other CMs. That's when I snapped and proceed to tell him how rude he was for ignoring me and then sarcastically ask if he can "possibly" ring me up. In that moment I feel like I'm having an out of body experience. He tells me he doesn't work in that area and apologizes in Disney grin and bear it style and processes my transaction. Even though I think he was wrong leaving me in the dust, I was a little embarrassed how I reacted.

I don't condone it either. But given the circumstance that my baby could have been hurt, I snapped.
She was very wrong, but you were also. You could easily have gone to jail for "snapping". Had you been a man, you almost certainly would have gone to jail for that. Not judging - I wasn't there - but actions have consequences and once we act those consequences are totally out of our control.

I hope that your pregnancy went well thereafter.

Yep. I admit it. As a rule we try to be as polite and tolerant as possible when it comes to the, um, social shortcomings of other guests. But I snapped one day in the FP queue at TT a few years ago. We had been dodging or just putting up with a huge group of overactive, overzealous, noisy Brazilian teenagers all day. There must have been a ride stoppage at some point, because the line was long and we were going nowhere fast. Waaaaay up the line we see a few people in the matching shirts of the tour group. Suddenly I hear a commotion behind us. It's a group of a dozen or so of these teens crashing the line, barging past everyone else, trying to get up to their friends. Enough already. DH was standing beside me, and my wheelchair took up the rest of the width of the queue at that point. I basically did my best Gandalf 'you shall not pass' impression. Actually it was just giving them the "Mom look", a shake of the head, and a firm NO. That seemed to cross the language barrier quite effectively.

Last edited:
I don't condone it either. But given the circumstance that my baby could have been hurt, I snapped.

I realize you snapped, but that doesn't make it okay. My initial comment was referring to slamming someone's head into glass repeatedly "winning" the rude guest thread - not the other lady. I can see how it could have been misunderstood with how I typed it. Just clearing it up so people aren't reading my comment and thinking I am some awful human being promoting head slamming.. should have worded myself better.

Enough already. DH was standing beside me, and my wheelchair took up the rest of the width of the queue at that point. I basically did my best Gandalf 'you shall not pass' impression. Actually it was just giving them the "Mom look", a shake of the head, and a firm NO. That seemed to cross the language barrier quite effectively.

I think the "mom look" is super universal. I get scared when I see OTHER people getting it! :rotfl:

Had one encounter at Guest Relations during the MVMCP. We went looking for the limited edition pin, and found out they were sold out - at the party 2 weeks before. I think that's incredibly unfair to sell your entire stock to the earlier parties, especially since the ones closer to Christmas cost more. I was angry, and they couldn't care less, which made me even angrier. Yes, it was over "just a pin"...I don't understand why they don't sell a certain amount per party, so that each event has them.

She was very wrong, but you were also. You could easily have gone to jail for "snapping". Had you been a man, you almost certainly would have gone to jail for that. Not judging - I wasn't there - but actions have consequences and once we act those consequences are totally out of our control.

I hope that your pregnancy went well thereafter.

I realize you snapped, but that doesn't make it okay. My initial comment was referring to slamming someone's head into glass repeatedly "winning" the rude guest thread - not the other lady. I can see how it could have been misunderstood with how I typed it. Just clearing it up so people aren't reading my comment and thinking I am some awful human being promoting head slamming.. should have worded myself better.

Ya know ... I think it's clear that everyone posting in this thread about things that were really wrong knows that what they did was wrong. Very few people are excusing their own behavior, and certainly I didn't think @Fantabulously Cherry was. I think this is a great thread and part of the reason people have been quick to post is that there's been very little judging of other people's bad moments.

I understand why @IceSkatingPrincess wanted to clarify her initial statement, but beyond that initial clarifying post -- if I was Cherry I'd be starting to feel a bit picked on for be willing to own up to my bad behavior.

FWIW, I don't condone what she did either, but in several moments through three pregnancies I definitely thought or did things (fortunately of the innocuous variety) that I look at later and think ... "WHAT was I thinking?". We all like to think that we're civilized and have achieved a high level of control over instincts and drives, but IMO there's nothing like the hormones of pregnancy or a threat to one's children to make it clear just how thin that veneer of civilization can be at times. It doesn't make any bad behavior in those circumstances right or acceptable, and kudos to those who maintain their cool. But to those who don't ... it does make it more understandable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter