ADRs affected by latest reduction in park hours?

Well, we did indeed receive cancellation emails for Brown Derby and Le Cellier this week, but our BOG ADR (now for 15 minutes after the new park closing time) is still there. (Our other ADRs for the trip are @ resorts or DS & so are fine). I have no idea why two park ADRs were cancelled and one was left alone. ??? I am not asking Disney, though, as I obviously want to keep that BOG if we can. We plan to just show up 15-20 minutes before 6:00/park closing time (res @ 6:15) and "play dumb." Maybe have the kids start crying if the CM gives us any grief, lol! I also created alerts on ***********.com for replacement times before 7pm @ Le Cellier (and made a 6:45 back-up @ San Angel) but I'm not holding my breath. What a total pain the you-know-what this whole thing has been!

WELL... I just checked the website (hello/duh me) and indeed BOG hours are still listed until 7pm even though MK is now closing @ 6... So our 6:15 res stays. The hours of the other two park restaurants (where our ADRs were cancelled) close at the same time as the parks. Wonder why Disney would leave some restaurants open an hour past park closing and have others close right when the parks close? Especially for seemingly busy/popular places like Brown Derby & Le Cellier?? Weird. Anyway, I now feel better at least about BOG--we've never eaten there before and after getting up early three separate times this year to snag an ADR, I am grateful it looks like we'll still get to go. Fingers crossed we get an earlier one for Le Cellier but oh well if not. (And don't care THAT much about Brown Derby as we've eaten there several times--so made a back-up @ Paddlefish @ DS, looks pretty good & will be nice to try something else.) Still annoyed by all this overall, but I guess there are worse problems to have in life. : ) Onward...!

Last edited:
Well, we did indeed receive cancellation emails for Brown Derby and Le Cellier this week, but our BOG ADR (now for 15 minutes after the new park closing time) is still there. (Our other ADRs for the trip are @ resorts or DS & so are fine). I have no idea why two park ADRs were cancelled and one was left alone. ??? I am not asking Disney, though, as I obviously want to keep that BOG if we can. We plan to just show up 15-20 minutes before 6:00/park closing time (res @ 6:15) and "play dumb." Maybe have the kids start crying if the CM gives us any grief, lol! I also created alerts on ***********.com for replacement times before 7pm @ Le Cellier (and made a 6:45 back-up @ San Angel) but I'm not holding my breath. What a total pain the you-know-what this whole thing has been!
Our ADR for Sci-Fi Dine-In at 7:20 PM has not been cancelled.

I emailed Disney and received a reply that included the following:

"We will be reaching out to assist Guests in adjusting their dining reservation plans due to the change in Fall Theme Park hours. If you would prefer, you can also modify your dining through My Disney Experience to an earlier time."

Despite the 7 PM closing, DHS lists some reservations available after 7 PM. Some DHS restaurants list a 7 PM closing time. Others list an 8 PM closing time. Brown Derby lists a 7 PM closing, Prime Time and Oga's list 8 PM closings.

ADR.jpg

I was able to grab a 6:50 res for Prime time. Just hope we get a bus back to the resort afterwards. Park closing at 7. I don’t want to call a lift or taxi. Do the busses run an hour after park closing?

I was just able to grab a 7:05pm for Oga’s. Hopefully it sticks because I’m excited to see it. :thumbsup2

I just got this reply from a chat about the restaurants staying open after park hours.

At this time these are the locations that will NOT be staying open late. · Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen
· The Plaza Restaurant
· Tony's Town Square Restaurant
· Biergarten Restaurant
· Coral Reef Restaurant
· Garden Grill Restaurant
· La Hacienda de San Angel
· Le Cellier Steakhouse
· Rose & Crown Dining Room
· San Angel Inn Restaurante
· Spice Road Table
· Tutto Italia Ristorante
· Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria
· Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
· The Hollywood Brown Derby
· Rainforest Cafe at Disney's Animal Kingdom
· Tiffins Restaurant
· Yak & Yeti Restaurant

I just got this reply from a chat about the restaurants staying open after park hours.

At this time these are the locations that will NOT be staying open late. · Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen
· The Plaza Restaurant
· Tony's Town Square Restaurant
· Biergarten Restaurant
· Coral Reef Restaurant
· Garden Grill Restaurant
· La Hacienda de San Angel
· Le Cellier Steakhouse
· Rose & Crown Dining Room
· San Angel Inn Restaurante
· Spice Road Table
· Tutto Italia Ristorante
· Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria
· Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
· The Hollywood Brown Derby
· Rainforest Cafe at Disney's Animal Kingdom
· Tiffins Restaurant
· Yak & Yeti Restaurant
Does this mean that some restaurants are staying open after park hours?

Does this mean that some restaurants are staying open after park hours?
It sounded like yes some others will stay open even after park closes. Keep in mind this was one Cast member on a chat. Another told me on Saturday they would all be cancelled. I just thought since she shared a list I would share it here!

It sounded like yes some others will stay open even after park closes. Keep in mind this was one Cast member on a chat. Another told me on Saturday they would all be cancelled. I just thought since she shared a list I would share it here!
I used the disneyworld.com website to check the closing times of restaurants. Disney lists 5 restaurants that are open after park closing:
  • Be Our Guest - 7 PM (MK closes at 6 PM)
  • Liberty Tree Tavern - 7 PM
  • 50's Prime Time Cafe - 8 PM (DHS closes at 7 PM)
  • Sci-Fi Dine-In - 8 PM
  • Oga's Cantina - 8 PM
This is consistent with the list you received from the Cast Member.

I used the disneyworld.com website to check the closing times of restaurants. Disney lists 5 restaurants that are open after park closing:
  • Be Our Guest - 7 PM (MK closes at 6 PM)
  • Liberty Tree Tavern - 7 PM
  • 50's Prime Time Cafe - 8 PM (DHS closes at 7 PM)
  • Sci-Fi Dine-In - 8 PM
  • Oga's Cantina - 8 PM
This is consistent with the list you received from the Cast Member.
I wonder if they will extend transportation.

I read a blog this morning saying it was true that some restaurants would be staying open an additional hour. Hopefully they have accurate info! ;)

I currently have a 6:50p and a 5:25p (back up in case the 6:50p is canceled) at LTT. I have to wonder what they will allow us to do between 6p an 7p with the park "closed"? They don't want you waiting in the lobby of the LTT, so is it an hour of wandering, shopping on Main Street, pictures of an empty park? Seems odd to me, but we shall see.
Mike

We're staying at the Riviera and dining late at Sci-Fi. The earliest we will be leaving DHS is 8:30 PM, on a night when it closes at 7 PM. We're hoping the Skyliner is still running.
I just called and asked about transportation for these late ADR’s. I was told they will not leave people stranded, transportation will be available until the park clears. I grabbed a couple late Ones for Mk. Sunset is at 730 in September, I want some night shots of the castle 😬.

I just called and asked about transportation for these late ADR’s. I was told they will not leave people stranded, transportation will be available until the park clears. I grabbed a couple late Ones for Mk. Sunset is at 730 in September, I want some night shots of the castle 😬.
We are genuinely excited about walking out of Disney's Hollywood Studios when it's closed!

I'm sure you'll have a great time walking down Main Street USA when it's mostly empty!

thanks vinotinto. Looks like we will be tooling around for 45 minutes waiting with nothing to do except take pictures and "look up". I say look up, because much of the beauty of WDW and DLR is in the details above your head or normal walking sight-line.

I like this plan...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter