ADR's finalised

wayneg

One week today I can start to make our ADR's for our summer trip. Here is a list of what we have chosen this year, a mix of new places and our favourites.:goodvibes

1st visit
Tokyo Dining
Narcoossee
Rainforest Cafe
Rose & Crown
Cinders Royal Table
Portobello
Tusker House - Breakfast

2nd visit
House of Blues
Chef Mickey's
T-Rex
San Angel Inn
Sanaa
Akershus
Yak & Yeti

3rd visit
Mama Melrose

4th visit
Grand Floridian Cafe - Matts 18th birthday

5th visit
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
Beaches & Cream - Lunch

Offsite
Manny's
Cheesecake Factory
Grill's- Port Canaveral

We will also have 63(21 each) counter service credits to use :yay:

Nice selection :goodvibes

Of your 1st visit restaurants you have one of our favourites Tusker breakfast popcorn:: make sure you don miss the hand carved ham its sooooo good!

Also had a good meal at narccoosses but never made it back :confused3

Nice selection :goodvibes

Of your 1st visit restaurants you have one of our favourites Tusker breakfast popcorn:: make sure you don miss the hand carved ham its sooooo good!
I will try, I am not a breakfast eater, just doing one to get to see the characters with Lily. In the past we have done breakfast at Crystal Palace & Ohana, not impressed with either so hopefully it will be OK.

Just remembered we did Chef Mickey breakfast a few years back, that was OK, best we have done.

It's funny but I was thinking about you booking your ADR's (sad I know)!!

Of your new choices - we have also been to Tusker House for breakfast and enjoyed it. Rainforest - my DD enjoys for the atmosphere (food ok) and Rose & Crown - always have the fish & chips :thumbsup2 Are you timing this for Illuminations?

It's funny but I was thinking about you booking your ADR's (sad I know)!!

Of your new choices - we have also been to Tusker House for breakfast and enjoyed it. Rainforest - my DD enjoys for the atmosphere (food ok) and Rose & Crown - always have the fish & chips :thumbsup2 Are you timing this for Illuminations?

Rose & Crown has been on our list each year then removed, this year we are going to try it. I like the look of "Grilled sirloin and fried fish - With yorkshire pudding, roasted potatoes, seasonal vegetables and red wine sauce - $26.99"

Is there a viewing area for Illuminations? I don't know anything about it really.

Wish I was as organised as you were but having to find a balance with booking a few ADR's and leaving space as Diane dislikes the thought of dictating where we will be in 6 months time.

Trying for Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue and Fantasmic dinner package.

I am nearly looking forward to your live trip report of the above as I am our own trip :goodvibes

Is there a viewing area for Illuminations? I don't know anything about it really.

You can be seated overlooking the water on the lower deck if you are in the restaurant during the fireworks. Or if you have dined earlier in the evening and mention to your server you can return to the special viewing area for the fireworks. We have done both. I particularly enjoyed dining during Illuminations and managed to get some of the best photos I have of the show.

(Never thought that I might be able to offer Wayneg any Disney advice) :-)

Rose & Crown has been on our list each year then removed, this year we are going to try it. I like the look of "Grilled sirloin and fried fish - With yorkshire pudding, roasted potatoes, seasonal vegetables and red wine sauce - $26.99"

we ate at rose & crown for the first time this past august...
i'd wanted to for years, but never did, but on the dining plan it worked out..
we LOVED it!!!
the salmon was scrumptious!! and the dessert was too, but i can't remember what we had...
but i do remember the salmon - really yummy!!!!

my kids tell me that when they first sat us, they were leery - we were outside and of course, it's hotter than hades in august...
but after a few refills on our cold drinks, we were feeling fine and really enjoying the view of the epcot lake....and then when the food started, we were really fine..

we ate there early, i think around 5 pm.....but they told us we could come back to view illuminations from the viewing area...
so at about 8:30 we came back to the restaurant, and they let us into the roped off viewing area....
probably the best view we've ever had...

Looks like a nice mix Wayne. CRT was good when we went there for dinner a couple of years ago. It's probably even better now that they have the princesses at dinner. We really enjoyed Tokyo Dining too. :thumbsup2

I will try, I am not a breakfast eater, just doing one to get to see the characters with Lily. In the past we have done breakfast at Crystal Palace & Ohana, not impressed with either so hopefully it will be OK.

We have done Tusker House for breakfast a few times, enjoyed it but it is quite hectic, food & service good. Last time we tried lunch & that was great, it was with the Nemo tickets but now I think it's changed to character lunch, might be better for you.

We went in 2007, food good, service quite poor but we didn't know then what to mark it against. If you get an outside seat (luck of the draw) you can watch the illuminations while you eat. If inside, they will take you to a little viewing area at the left hand side. The server asked us if we wanted him to take us out. Some of the diners from the side, in the under covered bit followed us down but if you're inside you get priority.

(Never thought that I might be able to offer Wayneg any Disney advice) :-)
No-one knows everything :goodvibes

We have done Tusker House for breakfast a few times, enjoyed it but it is quite hectic, food & service good. Last time we tried lunch & that was great, it was with the Nemo tickets but now I think it's changed to character lunch, might be better for you.
We want to try the breakfast this time, maybe lunch another year:)

We went in 2007, food good, service quite poor but we didn't know then what to mark it against. If you get an outside seat (luck of the draw) you can watch the illuminations while you eat. If inside, they will take you to a little viewing area at the left hand side. The server asked us if we wanted him to take us out. Some of the diners from the side, in the under covered bit followed us down but if you're inside you get priority.

It will have to be indoor seating, Karen has a bird phobia so we can't eat outside she wouldn't enjoy her meal.

It will have to be indoor seating, Karen has a bird phobia so we can't eat outside she wouldn't enjoy her meal.

i forgot to mention that the service was also really good at rose & crown..
and as it turned out, 3 special meals (out of our group of 6 people) that we had ordered in advance weren't there so the chef came out to speak with us....he was an american (not a brit as one might expect)..anyway, he was as nice as could be....
he ran over to canada to get the special meals (apparently, the restaurant in canada has a much bigger storage area used for the special meals)..
and then he did the nicest thing....he had me write out the rest of our schedule for the remaining days on the dining plan and he made sure that every chef was made aware of the special meals for our group....
and when we showed up at the rest of the restaurants, they all had been notified by the R&C chef!! how nice is that!!!!!
he didn't have to do that...he has nothing to do with reservations...
but he felt so bad that we had to wait an extra half hour for our special meals to be ready because of the mix up in central reservations (we'd already encountered the problem at all of our other ADRs, and i'd tried to call direct to the various restaurants - only succeeding with the one in the living seas...)

we actually had the opportunity to meet the chef in every restaurant we ate at and they were all nicer than nice and as accommodating as you can possibly imagine....actually even more accommodating than that!!

i didn't react to the rest of your list so i will now:
1st visit
Tokyo Dining - we very much enjoyed tokyo dining (though i think i like the other one better - what's it called...god my mind is going blank today)..
Narcoossee - i've never eaten here, but have heard it's excellent
Rainforest Cafe - hate it (sorry)
Rose & Crown - loved it!!! - great service and stupendous salmon!!!
Cinders Royal Table - never been
Portobello - never been
Tusker House - Breakfast - only have had lunch here - i didn't think it had much of a selection for lunch (certainly much less than at boma, which is similar food)...i wouldn't eat here again for lunch, but we might try breakfast sometime..

2nd visit
House of Blues - never been
Chef Mickey's - eaten here many times....in the past we didn't think that much of it, but this past august, we had dinner there on saturday night and found it to be really quite good (for a buffet)....the chef took us around to show us all the vegetarian/vegan food and it was very clear how proud he was of the quality of the food....and i have to agree that it all was very good...he said that it was all made fresh and i believe it...everything was very tasty......i'm sorry i didn't take his name....a really nice guy....very young and extraordinarily handsome (in comparison to all the other chefs we met)...
T-Rex - never been
San Angel Inn - never been
Sanaa - never been
Akershus - never been
Yak & Yeti - we ate here last august and the salmon is to die for!!!! unbelievably good....almost better than sex! :goodvibes and the service was good as well.....and the dessert was good...what was it? i can't remember, but the salmon was superb!!!!!! we enjoyed our lunch there so much that we tried to get another ADR for later in the week but without success. It was fully booked for the rest of our stay...

3rd visit
Mama Melrose - never been

4th visit
Grand Floridian Cafe - Matts 18th birthday - we like it here a lot....i enjoyed the fish (was it salmon? i can't remember, but it was good), and i got this dessert that i think was made up of a bunch of little desserts....it was very good...

5th visit
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue - we went once and hated it, but i know you love it so enjoy!!! i don't know why we hated it, but all 4 of us hated it (this was back when it was just the 4 of us, before the kids got married and we grew to 6)...
Beaches & Cream - Lunch - can you believe we've never eaten here????? not even the kitchen sink????? really hard to believe...but somehow we never manage to get there....

Offsite
Manny's - never been..
Cheesecake Factory - love it!
Grill's- Port Canaveral - never been

Beth, thats a lot of never been, you need to do 21 nights free DDP:rotfl2:

Sounds like you were well looked after by the R&C chef. Good to hear.:thumbsup2

Do you mean Teppan Edo? eaten there twice and enjoyed but want to try different places.
Rainforest Cafe, I want to try while on DDP because I will never pay their prices.
Sounds like I need to try the salmon at Yak & Yeta:goodvibes
Chef Mickeys we found to be the best character buffet, not a buffet fan but its OK.

We too were seated outside and it was nice just to sit down for a few hours and relax over a meal and then see the fireworks. We were early but our server said we could keep the table and we ordered hot drinks to enjoy (it was December) while we sat :)

Yes teppan ido
But we also enjoyed Tokyo Dining
We've eaten there a few times
DD loves the sushi and I love the tempura!

Maybe surprisingly to some the best character interaction we have ever had was at Cape May for breakfast one morning! Our server was lovely also which always helps, can't quite remember how good the food was so it can't have been that bad:confused3

I'm sure you'll love Tusker House we always have a fab breakfast there, characters often seem fairly rushed as its always chocker, but the food is beautiful, best buffet breakfast on site we've ever had.:thumbsup2

Agreed with previous posters regarding RF, not the best food but our children love the atmosphere and now it's on the DP it's got to be worth a try.

We're going to try one of your recommendations this year, the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Hubbys a traditional Yorkshireman, and likes a good old steak and chips:)

I must start working on ours, I've not even given it a second thought :confused: Id seriously resided myself to not going before I got our bargain virgin flights. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter