ADR's finalised

Just rung again to book more meals, tried to get 5, 1 not available so booked 4, took well over 30 mins, so slow, 3 or 4 times I had to repeat everything, date I checked in, surname, resort, address, phone number.......
Why don't they write it down if the computer can't store it?
Last couple of years have been a pleasure doing online ADR's, this is a nightmare by phone.

We are having second thoughts about Narcoossees now, looked at menu again, only 1 option for Matt(filet mignon) and 1 option for Karen(chicken) considering changing to either Fulton crab house or not doing a signature and booking 2 x 1 credit meals, I can then do Raglan rd again.

We had a booking for Narcoossees last year that we only cancelled after we arrived there - we just felt so overdressed as it looked like everyone else was wearing their park clothes:confused3 and I didn't want to waste our time or money in a place we were uncomfortable being at.

I had heard so many good things about it too and really wanted to enjoy it. If you do go, I hope you have a better experience.

Just a few more days to go before I start making our ADRs - just hope they sort out the system soon.

We had great service at Narcoossees but I really didn't think the food was that great

Have you considered Jiko? we had a fantastic meal there :goodvibes

We had great service at Narcoossees but I really didn't think the food was that great

Have you considered Jiko? we had a fantastic meal there :goodvibes

Jiko is very limited menu for us also, I just don't think we are into Signature restaurants. I think I am leaning towards cancelling Narcoossees and booking 2 x 1 credit meals, I will get to eat at Raglan road again then which was one of my fave meals last year.

We've eaten a few time at raglan rd - must do for us.

The steak at raglan rd has been the nicest steak i've had all holiday - even when we ate at le cellier/yachtsman.

If you time it for the dancing/music that would be fun I think - hoping to do that in October so DD can watch the dancing.

Has anyone had any joy with the online ADR bookings yet? :confused3

Wayne - what dates & places have you managed to book
Have you had to leave credit card against many?
This thing was supposed to be easy :rotfl:

Has anyone had any joy with the online ADR bookings yet? :confused3

Have you had to leave credit card against many?
This thing was supposed to be easy :rotfl:

Online I have only had to give card for one res, Fantasmic, rest no card. By phone I had to give it for Narcoossees (cancelled it on Saturday) and the character meals.
I will post a list tonight what I have booked.

Online I have only had to give card for one res, Fantasmic, rest no card.

Does that mean that the online ADR booking is now working?
And what number did you get to work 12 digit or 3+5

Does that mean that the online ADR booking is now working?
And what number did you get to work 12 digit or 5+3

It works but can't link to my hotel, just having to do at 180 days out, easier than ringing, the CM's I have had this year have not been great, one last week went thru 5 reservations, had to give all my details 3 times(address, phone, hotel, checkin date etc) she then lost the reservations and had to start again, couldn't get me T-rex which she had originally, could get me a table at San Angel(not exactly the most popular and I had no problems doing it myself at 180 days, any time I wanted)
We also have a translation problem between Yorkshire and Orlando :rotfl2:
I have enjoyed doing DDP last couple of years, this time has not been a good experience, On Saturday it took 20 mins for her tell me Hoop was not loaded into system yet and cancel 1 meal, I couldn't be bothered with others I wanted, will wait and do online.

July
Wed 18th snack on arrival day
Thu 19th Mimis Cafe
Fri 20th Orlando Alehouse
Sat 21st Tokyo Dining *
Sun 22nd Paradiso 37 *
Mon 23rd Raglan Rd *
Tue 24th Counter service airport collection
Wed 25th House Of Blues *
Thu 26th Grand Floridia Cafe (Matts 18th) *
Fri 27th Manny's
Sat 28th Rainforest Cafe AK *
Sun 29th Mama Melrose Fantasmic package *
Mon 30th Chef Mickey's *
Tue 31st San Angel Inn *

Aug
Wed 1st T-Rex *
Thu 2nd Rose & Crown *
Fri 3rd Sanaa *
Sat 4th Cinders Royal Table *
Sun 5th Portobello *
Mon 6th Cheesecake Factory
Tues 7th Drinks in Epcot & CS Fish & Chips
Wed 8th Akershus
Thur 9th Yak & Yeti
Fri 10th Hoop Dee Doo
Sat 11th Fly home.

Just last 3 to book.
*= booked

i like your list Wayne!!

you didn't have to leave CC # for chef mickey's or cinderella's table?

i start tomorrow (i thought it was today, but the disney system believes tomorrow is the day :) )

first up will be yak & yeti
then sci fi
not sure what i'm going to pick for them for their MK day..

and epcot's really tough...there are several they really like...hmmmm...

but for now i know the first two..

i'll book them the GF cafe for one of their last days when they won't be able to go into the parks (their APs die a few days before they leave)..

and also the whispering canyon cafe...

oh...and then there's 1900 park fare and chef mickey's (for the chefs, not for the characters)...1900 park fare has the top vegetarian chef in all WDW..assuming he's there the night you eat there!...

except that last year it was a complete nightmare at 1900 park fare!!
we waited 2.5 hours to be seated.... :eek: :eek: :eek:
that's kind of extreme, don't you think???

you didn't have to leave CC # for chef mickey's or cinderella's table?

except that last year it was a complete nightmare at 1900 park fare!!
we waited 2.5 hours to be seated.... :eek: :eek: :eek:
that's kind of extreme, don't you think???

Yes, I put in post #47 I had to leave CC for character meals, maybe its the way I worded it :thumbsup2

1900 Park Fare is longest wait we have ever had for a Disney meal, well over 1 hour beyond our res time and we arrived early. Unfortunately one of our worst meals also, we didn't enjoy it in there.

Yes, I put in post #47 I had to leave CC for character meals, maybe its the way I worded it :thumbsup2

1900 Park Fare is longest wait we have ever had for a Disney meal, well over 1 hour beyond our res time and we arrived early. Unfortunately one of our worst meals also, we didn't enjoy it in there.

maybe it's the way i read it! :eek: (good thing i'm not in school anymore!!)

1900 was actually much more pleasant than i'd expected...
the last time we'd eaten there we all HATED it, and i vowed to never eat there again...
but then chef TJ was switched to 1900 so we said what the hey...
we'd heard so much about chef TJ, we really wanted to see if he could live up to his reputation...
and then funnily enough, it turned out that DDIL is madly in love with the princesses!!! :eek: who knew!!
so she was completely over the moon when she found out we were having dinner with cindy and prince charming...
and DD was thrilled to be having dinner with the very funny stepmother and sisters..

and as it turned out chef TJ was even more amazing than the reviews i'd read....he more than made up for that ridiculous 2.5 hour wait..

i wouldn't normally wait that long...at first we didn't notice as we were enjoying sitting in the GF.....then the wait got longer and longer...
but after a while you've invested so much time, you don't get up and leave (like you should)..

anyway, despite the horrifying wait, we all had a really pleasant time...
surprisingly pleasant...

but if DD were to go again, it would only be for Chef TJ's vegan food...
he prepares a multi-course meal specially for you.....it's not at the buffet..
and he personally brings out each course....
truly outstanding vegan food (ok...some of you consider that an oxymoron, but for vegans or vegetarians, he's AMAZING)...

Started booking ours online today with 3+5 ref and it worked perfectly! Crystal palace for 8.10 am on 6th Aug - can't wait!:surfweb:

Started booking ours online today with 3+5 ref and it worked perfectly! Crystal palace for 8.10 am on 6th Aug - can't wait!:surfweb:

The 3+5 seems to be working OK for people, I just couldn't get that format, only the 12 digit. Complete Orlando said the 3+5 was only available if you booked direct with Disney yet customers of Charter Travel have posted they also got 3+5.:confused3

We haver also managed to get most of our ADRs booked online. What I found helped was to login on the UK website, then change to the USA-English site. When I start the reservation process, I made sure that I clicked the link to use the DDP which then asked for my reservation number (use the ABC99999 format) then surname and arrival date.

I can see all of our ADRs together with our accommodation reservation.

So far we have booked:

03/08 House of Blues
04/08 Narcoossee's
05/08 Captain's Grille
07/08 Crystal Palace
10/08 Mama Melrose (Fantasmic)
11/08 Teppan Edo
13/08 Cape May Buffet Dinner
14/08 Boma
15/08 Rose & Crown

All dinners apart from Crystal Palace (lunch). Just waiting for Hoop de Doo to be released for 9th, and to book our final night's meal back at Narcoossees on 16th. We have a couple of days where we will be away from Disney for most of the day, hence the three 2TS reservations. Only 6 months to wait!!

Have also managed to book preferred fireworks viewing at MK on 07/08 and EPCOT on 11/08. And thanks to the post about the viewing area at the Rose & Crown - will try and blag our way into it!!

We too have successfully managed to start booking ADRs online having emailed the UK Disney site about our difficulties.

Meanwhile DD discovered this pixie dust sprinkled video of a lovely American family which perfectly captures all the Disney magical reasons we return time after time. Forgive me if it has already been posted but I felt it was really worth sharing as a taster for any upcoming Disney vacations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpiQ-D_kaxY&feature=youtu.be

Disney spend millions on advertising. This family does it all for them.

Just tried again for Hoop, they are still only taking reservations upto the 5th. :confused3

We too have successfully managed to start booking ADRs online having emailed the UK Disney site about our difficulties.

Meanwhile DD discovered this pixie dust sprinkled video of a lovely American family which perfectly captures all the Disney magical reasons we return time after time. Forgive me if it has already been posted but I felt it was really worth sharing as a taster for any upcoming Disney vacations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpiQ-D_kaxY&feature=youtu.be

Disney spend millions on advertising. This family does it all for them.

wonderful video!!!!!! thanks for posting!!

We haver also managed to get most of our ADRs booked online. What I found helped was to login on the UK website, then change to the USA-English site. When I start the reservation process, I made sure that I clicked the link to use the DDP which then asked for my reservation number (use the ABC99999 format) then surname and arrival date.

I can see all of our ADRs together with our accommodation reservation.

So far we have booked:

03/08 House of Blues
04/08 Narcoossee's
05/08 Captain's Grille
07/08 Crystal Palace
10/08 Mama Melrose (Fantasmic)
11/08 Teppan Edo
13/08 Cape May Buffet Dinner
14/08 Boma
15/08 Rose & Crown

All dinners apart from Crystal Palace (lunch). Just waiting for Hoop de Doo to be released for 9th, and to book our final night's meal back at Narcoossees on 16th. We have a couple of days where we will be away from Disney for most of the day, hence the three 2TS reservations. Only 6 months to wait!!

Have also managed to book preferred fireworks viewing at MK on 07/08 and EPCOT on 11/08. And thanks to the post about the viewing area at the Rose & Crown - will try and blag our way into it!!

Hi we can book tomorrow and am also hoping to book Teppan Edo for dinner on the 11th:goodvibes Do you mind me asking how do you book:goodvibes preferred firework viewing ? arrive at old key west on the 10th sooooooo excited as first time on DP
thanks cornish pixie:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter