• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advantages/Disadvantages of QS Only - (Anyone NOT do TS Meals)?

We always do one TS a day. Sometimes I make an ADR, sometimes we just see what restaurant has availability. We really enjoy a long, leisurely "sit-down" in the a/c while we enjoy our dinner. Of course, we usually travel during the summer AND we have been to WDW 28 times; I know that if we didn't need the relief from the heat, or if we weren't frequent visitors, we'd probably choose to spend out time (and do our dining) differently.

My earlier trips to WDW when it was just my DH and I were QS only and that was due mostly to the fact that I didn't know any differently and never occurred to me to do TS dining. We were on a tighter budget then, so that had something to do with it. Had no issues with dining that way then. Fast forward to the trips I've taken in the last 7 years with my DS and I discovered TS dining and I can't imagine ever doing QS only again and my trips now consist of about 80% TS dining. The overall experience is so much better, iMO and far more relaxing. Nothing really stresses me out more than lining up for QS and then carrying a tray of food around that is getting cold as I try to find a place to sit while, no thanks.

We did QS only on our trip last Oct and loved it! Between ADRs and FP it had started feel like we were always had somewhere to be. I still some what planned where we would eat, just to ensure some variety. It was great, and we weren't spending a hour or two wrangling our kids at a TS dinner every night.

I just want to add that I am always surprised by comments of lack of variety and unhealthy food/fast food when choosing QS locations. It is simply not true. One can just scan the QS location menus to see that. And there are often even more options in person.

I have been eating at least 70% of my meals at QS locations for over twenty years. I regularly eat tons of healthy and interesting options at these locations. Too many to list.

I have rarely - if ever - eaten french fries, hamburgers, chicken fingers, crappy type pizza etc. at these locations. Anything that one would deem fast food like. Not that I have anything against these options, but they are just that - options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter