• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adventureland in MK opening later beginning Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimi Q

<font color=blue>Can't wait to ride it<br><font co
Starting Sunday 28th September 2003, Adventureland will open to guests at 10am on almost every day except high attendance days according to wdwmagic.com

We were there in August and only POC was open in Adventureland at 9:00. Aladdin did open by 9:30(technical difficulties we were told), but nothing else until 10:00. :(

I guess it's not that big of a change then.

Jungle Cruise did not open before 10am any day we were there this month..though I think Aladdin was open earlier last week.

:( Well a little less for the dollar, all to save a buck. I always start at Adventureland, now I cannt. If they had to save open it at 9:15 or 9:30 since it does take a little time to get there but 10am?Whats next, open other sections at 11am close some at 4pm?This wont destroy my Dec visit but the cumulation of all the cuts might make me wait longer for my next visit. This yr will be 4 out of the last 5(including 12/01). Seem to get a little less every yr but cost more.

That would stink because that is when we will be in MK!!

Although, isn't Sunday MK's Early Entry day? Just hoping that they have something open in the morning in Adventureland.

Oh well- I was planning to go to Fantasyland first anyway! At least now I won't have "I'm a horrible mother guilt" for wanting to leave DD with DH while I take a quick spin on Splash Mountain in the first five minutes we're there!

Erin :D

I wonder why? Adventureland does not have that many attractions to open. Is it the whole land or most of it? What about POC?

Originally posted by Terk-1
I wonder why? Adventureland does not have that many attractions to open. Is it the whole land or most of it? What about POC?

I wonder why this is not posted under their hours. The different opening times are posted for Epcot.

Yet another cutback. When does it end?

What's next? Closing Space Mountain down every other day? How about they just have Illuminations on weekends?

The Disney magic is slowing but surely being whittled away by the bean counters.

How sad. :(

This change could actually work in your favor. Explanation. The park doesn't get fully crowded on regular days until 10:00 or after. Right? During these times, you can be enjoying other lands. Adventure land doesn't have many attractions so that shouldn't greatly influence the number of people in other lands before 10:00. If you time it right, you can enter Adventureland at ten and not have to wait in a long line.......because it just opened. Is it possible that this is a win-win situation? Disney saves some money and attentive guests don't have to wait in line for those attractions....as long as they get there at 10:00.

Originally posted by kaabost
This change could actually work in your favor. Explanation. The park doesn't get fully crowded on regular days until 10:00 or after. Right? During these times, you can be enjoying other lands. Adventure land doesn't have many attractions so that shouldn't greatly influence the number of people in other lands before 10:00. If you time it right, you can enter Adventureland at ten and not have to wait in a long line.......because it just opened. Is it possible that this is a win-win situation? Disney saves some money and attentive guests don't have to wait in line for those attractions....as long as they get there at 10:00.

You're joking, right????

Not to be overly harsh, but your logic makes ZERO sense. Disney already has reduced hours during this time of year and they are taking more away on top of that and it's a good thing?

Take the Disney trademarked rose colored glasses off.....

You're joking, right????

Actually, no. I don't like shorter hours either but this decision seems somewhat logical to me, given the argument that I previously presented. If they make cutback that I can't rationalize I do get upset with them (i.e. their previous replacement of EE with EMH----I complained to them several times about that one).

Take the Disney trademarked rose colored glasses off.....

True, I like Disney alot. I like for Disney to make smart business decisions so that they will continue to exist in the capacity that they do now. Apparently, Disney feels that this is a smart business decision. If it turns out that people are REALLY upset about this (like the elimination of EE), I suspect they will change the policy back. If they see that it's no big loss to their guests, Adventureland will continue to open at 10:00 and Disney will be able to put alot of that saved money into new attractions, resorts, etc.

Not to be overly harsh
That's ok. Be as harsh as you like if you feel that strongly about it. We simply have a difference in opinion.

LOL!!!! Keep rationalizing these "smart business decisions" and before long, they will have you waiting until noon for Frontierland to open and Animal Kingdom will close down for the weekends ;)

This is just some bean counters poor attempt to save wages of maybe 50 employees for one hour each day (that guess may be way high or low, I have no idea how many people work that part of the park).

Disney will lose 10X more than those 50 employees hourly wages when they alienate yet more people by this move (which it surely will). It's pretty much been shown by the outcrys over recent cuts that people have reached their threshold for cutbacks at Disney. Now all they are doing is driving people away with decisions like this.

Stupid, stupid, stupid move by Disney IMO.

It's pretty much been shown by the outcrys over recent cuts that people have reached their threshold for cutbacks at Disney. Now all they are doing is driving people away with decisions like this.

I guess this particular cut back doesn't bother me too much---like I said---because I can rationalize it. I do understand that this may (and obviously does) really effect some peoples touring plans. If enough people are upset (again, like I said earlier) they will change the opening time back.

LOL!!!! Keep rationalizing these "smart business decisions" and before long, they will have you waiting until noon for Frontierland to open and Animal Kingdom will close down for the weekends

This is how I felt when they cut EE last year (I assume that I understand how you feel). I don't presently agree with you though because I see more than just cut backs. As the economy improoves, park hours are returning to their "normal" seasonal times, they are continuing to add new attractions (Mickey's Philharmagic, Mission Space), they are improoving the Alien Encounter attraction (yes I know that this is a contraversial issue.....nonetheless they spending money in attempt to improove the park), and they are replacing the Magic Kingdom fireworks show with a bigger/better (undoubtedly more expensive) fireworks show.

So......I personally don't feel like they are inacting a whole lot of cutbacks just to squeeze every last dime out of their loyal customers. If they were, logically they would not be interested in putting all of this money back into the parks.

I don't really feel bothered at all by this cutback either. I see it as pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. Cutting out early entry, on the other hand, was a pretty major cutback.

I personally disagree that this will cause a major outcry of angry guests, but only time will tell.

Just my two cents. :)

Would you mind if I politely ask why it's an outrage? I'm honestly just curious about the other point of view. To me personally, losing a little touring time in Adventureland doesn't make a big difference, so I'm interested in the other point of view. Thanks!

I tend to agree with kaabost on this one. There can be some advantages if you do it right. You could save a good bit of wait time by using smart touring with the new hours. Instead of choosing between Space or Splash with no wait, you could do Space first and then Splash when it opened.

On our last trip, we did a similar thing with Fantasy Land and Tootown Fair. We wanted to ride Dumbo and meet Mickey without long lines and we could because Toontown opened at 10:00 instead of 9:00. We did Dumbo and a few other things and then went to Toontown at 10. It's almost like getting 2 chances at the opening of the park.

I also agree that not everything Disney does makes sense, but at least they aren't closing it an hour early instead! If taking away 1 land for 1 hour makes it easier for Disney to improve in other ways, then so be it.

It is easy to get caught up in the negativity over some things and miss the bigger picture of how fortunate we are to be able to even go to WDW. Not everyone gets too. So try not to let it ruin your trip!

Originally posted by hipporina
I tend to agree with kaabost on this one. There can be some advantages if you do it right. You could save a good bit of wait time by using smart touring with the new hours. Instead of choosing between Space or Splash with no wait, you could do Space first and then Splash when it opened.

Isnt Splash MT in Frontierland, so wont that still be open at 9:00?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter