• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adventureland in MK opening later beginning Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the resort did close Animal Kingdom on the weekends; Frontierland Opening at 12:00, yes ... guests would get upset.

But I don't see any major deal about opening one land one hour after regular opening time. There is so much to do elsewhere.

Kind of like a restaurant that has 8 sections and 200 tables... at times they may have 2 sections ropped off. Logical business decision.

Yes, if POC is the first ride you ride every trip you go to Disney, that would be upsetting. But most people don't have such a routine, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

While some may think this is just a start - most likely it isn't. Just go right instead of left - that's all.

Rationalize it all you want- it's still a cutback and it's still less value for your admission price. It's more pressure on cast members worrying about their hours, which effects the quality of the experience you have when interacting with them.

You're kidding yourself if you think somehow this will "improve" wait times. The whole PURPOSE is to increase wait times- higher wait times mean more efficient use of cast resources. If there were higher wait times from 9:00-10:00, they wouldn't do this. Now, everyone who would have been at POC, Aladdin, or in Adventureland shops is standing in line for Space, Splash, or Pooh, instead. Your wait times increase on everything else in the park, then Adventureland opens once the park starts filling up, so that there are immediate lines in that area.

I remember on our last trip, we went to MGM for EMH one day. Finished the EMH attractions by the 9:00 opening time, then found that there was practically NOTHING else to do, because most of the park doesn't open until 10:00. It stunk. We were bored within an hour of being at the park. Is MK going to go this way as well?

Does this destroy your enjoyment of MK? Not yet. But it sure does make you feel like Disney is cheap when you're walking past closed shops and attractions. And isn't the point of Disney that they do (or used to do) everything right? Every time you see something in the park that screams COST-CUTTING!!! at you, it pulls you a little bit further out of the "magic" that is supposed to be Disney's big selling point.

Synonymous, very well said! I couldn't make it more eloquent had I a Master's in English Literature.

My bottom is red about this because, as everyone has their own special Disney traditions, so do we. Upon entering Magic Kingdom at opening we head left for our ceremonious ride on Pirates of the Caribbean (my most fave!).

I know Splash and Space are the biggies, but there's just something about those Pirates that puts us into a Disney state of mind.

---Andra
Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A Pirate's Life Delayed!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
LOL!!!! Keep rationalizing these "smart business decisions" and before long, they will have you waiting until noon for Frontierland to open and Animal Kingdom will close down for the weekends ;)

This is just some bean counters poor attempt to save wages of maybe 50 employees for one hour each day (that guess may be way high or low, I have no idea how many people work that part of the park).

Disney will lose 10X more than those 50 employees hourly wages when they alienate yet more people by this move (which it surely will). It's pretty much been shown by the outcrys over recent cuts that people have reached their threshold for cutbacks at Disney. Now all they are doing is driving people away with decisions like this.

Stupid, stupid, stupid move by Disney IMO.

What is funny, is that with NO proof or back up you are upset.

Any knowledge of business, if the cutback is fact, would tell you that cutting back on the hours would save a bunch of money and nto cause tickets to go up. Alienate? Please, since when does your vacation depend on a small section to open? Again, this is rumor, so far, not fact. Wait to get your knickers in a bunch.

Originally posted by kaabost
I guess this particular cut back doesn't bother me too much---like I said---because I can rationalize it. I do understand that this may (and obviously does) really effect some peoples touring plans. If enough people are upset (again, like I said earlier) they will change the opening time back.

This is how I felt when they cut EE last year (I assume that I understand how you feel). I don't presently agree with you though because I see more than just cut backs. As the economy improoves, park hours are returning to their "normal" seasonal times, they are continuing to add new attractions (Mickey's Philharmagic, Mission Space), they are improoving the Alien Encounter attraction (yes I know that this is a contraversial issue.....nonetheless they spending money in attempt to improove the park), and they are replacing the Magic Kingdom fireworks show with a bigger/better (undoubtedly more expensive) fireworks show.

So......I personally don't feel like they are inacting a whole lot of cutbacks just to squeeze every last dime out of their loyal customers. If they were, logically they would not be interested in putting all of this money back into the parks.

I understand what you are saying, but, don't try to argue the point with people who don't understand business and who are of the "entitlement menatality". Pick your battles, this is definitely one that could be considered a "battle of wits with the unarmed".

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
I understand what you are saying, but, don't try to argue the point with people who don't understand business and who are of the "entitlement menatality". Pick your battles, this is definitely one that could be considered a "battle of wits with the unarmed".

Yeah...after all, we aren't entitled to value for a product WE PAY FOR. Hell, be thankful we are given the honor of breathing Disney air! I bet that special honor is worth at least 75% of the ticket price. I consider myself lucky to have the park open for even 1 hour. Anything more than that is just gravy. But then again, I'm just an unarmed witless imbecile who will let Disney keep taking away things while my ticket prices remain the same ;)

Oh gotta run...time to attend my "Business for Dummies" class. I failed my macro and micro-economics classes years ago. Maybe I can finally grasp the difficult concept of product value and customer satisfaction.

Thanks for enlightening me GAIL!! I feel liberated and oh so smart now!! One day hopefully I can be like you and look at the world with blinders and nothing but rose colored glasses. After all, we all know Disney does no wrong and I'm just a witless, ignorant, uneducated, ungrateful person who dares expect minimum standards for the money I pay to enter those holy gates at WDW. :jester: :jester: :jester:

BTW...if I join DVC like you, can I go around calling other people ingnorant and ungrateful slobs like you basically do?

This question has nothing to do with the arguement going on-but I was wondering -will Adventure land open at 10 on the 5th of oct?-It is a EE day-but we are not staying on property-I know it is no big deal if it doesn't open at 10-but it will have me rearranging my day-haha.(I'm a big planner)

Closed by request of the Original poster.

If you would like to contiue the conversation please start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter