After a rainy week I can say...

bxrlvr

Earning My Ears
Buy your ponchos before you get there!! We bought ours for .99 each at Walmart and used them all week perfectly fine. I think they are $7 a piece at WDW.

Also, take a pair of flip flops or other plastic shoes in case of rain. Nothing worse that wet socks/tennis shoes or ruining nice sandals because of the rain. I learned this after our first of 7 rainy days!!

I still can't believe we got so much rain this past week... not at all what I expected, but glad I was prepared.

we also got ALOT of rain. We had the 99cent poncho's from Walmart, but they are very flimsy - for the amount of rain that we had, I would have preferred something a little sturdier. I think Walmart also had poncho's similiar to the WDW one's for about $4.

I totally agree on the footwear - we found that our clothes dried quite quickly when the rain stopped, but trainers stay wet all day - yuck. We ended up wearing sandals that can cope with being wet -they seemed to dry the quickest.

Also - an umbrella seems to make the rain seem much more bearable as it keeps it off your head. WDW sell black mickey umbrella's for $10 - they have them at every till but they aren't always on display. We are now the proud owners of two :-)

Bev

An alternative to the ponchos is to buy a Helly Hansen jacket. This is a very good alternative if it is raining as much as it did last week. Helly Hansen is found in the Norway pavillion. Helly makes the most awesome outdoor wear.

I bought a HH jacket in October 1999 in "Norway." It is hooded and made out of HellyTek, which is HH's answer to Gortex. The water just cascaded off of it.

Yes, this is not an inexpensive alternative to a $7 poncho, but the jacket is almost 3 years old and looks like new and I wear it every spring and fall.

I'm debating about taking it this October since it can provide me with an excuse to buy another one.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter