AHHH!!! Not ANOTHER EMH morning. A July/August 2013 TR told by a teen! Updated 10/28

Thank you! I saw the picture on instagram, you met governer radcliffe and meeko though, right? Thats really awesome, i didn't know Governer Radcliffe did meet and greets!

Yes we did! I didn't either! I don't know if it's because it was the day before the Villains event at Hollywood Studios that he was part of or what but they were pretty good replacements if we couldn't have Poca!

Ok, I've got to ask... how do you stay sooo photogenic in July at Disney??!
You look so nice in all of them. No frizzy hair, skin so matte and of course not looking sweaty. How?! My Disney pics are horrendous lol. What is your secret?

I'd like to know your secret, too.

Yes we did! I didn't either! I don't know if it's because it was the day before the Villains event at Hollywood Studios that he was part of or what but they were pretty good replacements if we couldn't have Poca!

Oh thats true! How was the Unleash the villains event? I heard it was crazy crowded! I hope you had a great trip! :goodvibes

THE DARK SIDE!
This morning, we got up and left for Universal a bit later than we’d have liked but you know how long it takes teenage girls to get ready!;)
We made it to Loews Royal Pacific resort at about 10:00am and Dad and I check us in and then we got our picture taken for our Universal Express passes. This would be a good time to mention that when you stay at a Universal hotel, you get FREE UNLIMITED UNIVERSAL EXPRESS!!!!!! This is good because if you only pay for one night in the hotel, it costs about the same amount as a Universal express pass. Plus you get early entry into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Once we’d got that sorted, we made our way over to Universal Studios.

It was already 10:30 so I dashed off to Rip Ride Rocket and the standby line was 80 minutes, im so glad we had Express passes! It still took 20! But it was worth it! It was so much fun, it’s not nearly as bad as it looks. You get to pick a song, but I didn’t really understand what I had to do so I ended up listening to this random song that I’d never heard before! OH WELL!!!

When I came off, it started to rain heavily but the others had my poncho. So I made a run for it under Monsters café roof. I called Dad to tell him where to meet me, but what we didn’t realise was that there were two sides to the roof and they ended up on the other side. Luckily after many phone calls and one sprint down the street, we finally found each other and decided to go on the minion ride! I was quite excited because despicable me is one of my favourite non-Disney movies!

#miniongogglesswag

The ride was super fun! It was like it turned you into a minion and you went on this awesome adventure. Probably my favourite Universal attraction joint with The Hulk!
When we came off, THERE WAS A DANCING MINION!!!!!! It was so cute!

We got in line for a picture. The interaction was quite rushed, unlike the ones at Disney, we barely had time to take a picture before the next people came! The minion didn’t really interact, but at least we have a picture! ;)

After that, we rode Revenge of the Mummy and went on the Disaster Movie ride.

Then we stopped for lunch at the San Francisco pastry company which is opposite Disasters exit.
I ordered the vanilla cheesecake and it was SO GOOD! I love cheesecake so it was perfect for me!

I can’t remember what the others got but it’s safe to say that we all enjoyed it!
We took some shots across the lake.

We went on Men in black alien attack. This is very similar to Buzz’s space ranger spin in Magic Kingdom apart from the fact that I prefer Buzz! This might have to do with the fact that I’ve never seen men in black! But baring that in mind, it was fun!

We then went on the Simpsons ride which was very enjoyable! It was so funny! I love the little preshow bit, it really adds a bit of a storyline to the ride!
Then we took some pictures around the Simpsons area. There’s some really cool stuff there!

I’LL SAVE YOU MAGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We moved along to the E.T. ride which is quite similar to Peter Pan’s flight. Of course, Peter Pan is better, but the ride was cute!

Up next- The Dark side part 2

Next time we do Universal, I definitely want to do a night at a Universal hotel! Can't wait to see how you guys liked it!

I've never seen Despicable Me! I really need to! Super cute picture with the Minion!

Wow Universal looked crowded, it looks like you're having tons of fun though :goodvibes

Next time we do Universal, I definitely want to do a night at a Universal hotel! Can't wait to see how you guys liked it!

I've never seen Despicable Me! I really need to! Super cute picture with the Minion!

Oh yes, you definitly should! I'll make sure I put lots of details. The Royal Pacific was a very nice hotel!
Really? It's a great movie, VERY funny! Not the same as a good old Disney movie, but i do love it! Thanks, the minions are so cute! ::yes::

Wow Universal looked crowded, it looks like you're having tons of fun though :goodvibes

Oh it was packed! Alot more waiting in line involved! I think my sisters waited longer for the Nuthouse coaster than we waited for anything at Disney! The rides are good if you like thrills, but doesnt have the same homely atmosphere as Disney! :goodvibes

More THE DARK SIDE!!!
Emma and Katie went on Woody Woodpecker’s Nuthouse Coaster and then we found a spot to watch the parade. We sat near where it ended and it came along pretty quickly.
MINIONS!!!

IT'S VECTOR!!!!!!

The Dora the Explorer part brought back memories! SHE HAD A MAP AND EVERYTHING!!!

The parade was cute. I liked the Despicable Me part but not really worth watching unless you have a lot of time on your hands.
We went on Terminator 3, Shrek and Twister, which were quite good. I mean, I know it’s weird, but I don’t get Shrek, so I probably would have enjoyed it more if I did. There was this really long preshow bit which ran on a bit, it was still quite fun. Terminator was pretty good, I enjoyed that. I didn’t find Twister to be as exciting as the description on the map suggested. I found it a little dull, but I’ll try any attraction once.

Louie’s Italian restaurant was our choice due to my pizza addiction. One thing that’s good about Universal is that the counter service food places seemed quieter than Disney’s, but maybe we just went at better times.

I had margarita pizza! Okay, my pizza addiction is seriously getting out of hand! It was really good.

My Mum had the chicken alfredo which she enjoyed very much!

Emma and Katie got spaghetti and meatballs which they both loved as you can tell by the picture below.

No idea what Dad had, it was long gone by the time I got the camera out ;)

Clear plate!

I then went to the restroom and came back to find that my family had left me some lovely presents on my phone.

Thanks guys ;)

I decided I wanted to go on Rip Ride Rocket once more and Emma and Katie wanted to go on Woody Woodpecker again, so off we went.
Up next- back to check out the resort.

Back to check out the resort!
We went over to Rip Ride Rocket, but Mum decided that I’d have to wait too long. #GUTTED!!!

I came across this sign!

Determined to go on one final ride, I decided to get in the Revenge of the Mummy single rider line, which was basically non existant! I literally walked right on! This rollercoaster- for a non disney ride- is pretty good! If you are a thrill seeker, then you will LOVE this ride!!!

We met back up with the others and headed to the exit.

The city walk is beautiful in the evening!

We slowly walked back to the resort and went to check out the room.
It was very nice, decent size too. I wasn’t keen on the bathroom, the mirror was a bit small for my liking ;)

You can see my family in the background! Something you gotta know about us is that we take pictures of EVERYTHING! And not just one, but about three on about 7 different cameras!

There was no Wi-Fi, which I was NOT happy about. There isn’t a lot of Wi-Fi in all of Universal. It’s quite annoying!
We had to get an early night, so once the rollaway bed came, we crashed for the night. The guy who bought us the bed was so helpful. He told us all about the resort, where the boat transportation was, a shortcut to the path, where to get breakfast. That was really great!

I was SO excited because tomorrow, we'd be paying our friends at Hogwarts a visit!

Up next- At least there wasn’t slugs in it!

I’ve fallen pretty far behind, but hey, I’m here to catch up now!!

Glad you guys got on so many rides at AK, and to see the new meet and greet! We ended up skipping it, I totally forgot about it being something new lol!! It’s cute! That king louie!! Always looking for food!! Poca is looking particularly pretty there!

The crowds look like they are amazing that day!! What luck!! Obviously FOTLK is the best lol, I absolutely love it! And yay for getting on EE so many times! Awe, too bad about the rain canceling the parade!! Every time we saw MiSi or Jamin Jungle this past trip none of the stilts were out because of rain, it was interesting, but I miss my stilts lol!

Looks like a pretty great start to Universal! Having only done the HP stuff over there it looks pretty interesting, plus with all the new Simpsons stuff in there I think I might actually have to check it out sometime lol!

I agree with you about Shrek! It just isn't one of my favorite movies! I may have started to fall asleep when we did the attraction too. :rotfl:

The Mummy is one of my favorites in Universal! DBF and I were watching some show on the travel channel where they were ranking the top 10 coasters in the world and were so surprised to see the Mummy on the list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter