• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Airfare? Does everyone have their or are you waiting?

I was waiting for Southwest to release their rates for our September trip. They did, and they're too high. I booked thru AirTran from MDW to MCO $59+tax each way!!! Yeah! We have never flown AirTran, so I hope they're ok. I've been reading they like to change their flight times a lot, and do not notify people... Hopefully we won't have that.

I book my AirTran flights directly through their website. They ask for your phone number, a secondary phone number, and your email.

Each time they have changed flight times they have called both numbers, and emailed me. They usually don't notify you until closer to the flight since as you say they like to change flight times.

In most instances they only change the times several minutes. At least for flights out of Philly.

Bill

Little secret trick with AirTran - sometimes when they call you because of a schedule change you can luck out and get an agent who will pre-assign a seat for you. No guarantee, but it never hurts to ask. If they say no, then oh well. If they say yes, then go for it!

We just booked our Alaska non-stop redeye from Seattle to MCO for November 30th. Since there's only two non-stops a day, they fill up fast and rarely go on sale. We're going with two other couples, and one couple is flying with us (sitting right behind us so they can kick our seats) and the other is taking the daytime NS the morning of the 30th. Wow, that was a lot of information to share.

I booked our airfare back in March when I booked our Disney package for a great rate of non stop flights on $89 each way per person. We were to arrive at MCO at 9:55 AM and not have to leave until 8:00 at night! Yay!! Total with taxes and fees was $979.00

Well, today I just looked them up and managed to rebook for $786.50! A savings of $192.50! FOR THE EXACT SAME FLIGHTS!

I called Southwest since this was my first time rescheduling a flight and she was very nice, talked me through it while I did it online and she told me that my "credit" will be good for one year. HOWEVER after we complete our final flight, we can just call for a refund! I DID NOT KNOW THAT! I made her repeat that part and even told it back to her LOL!

She also assured me that as many times as I can rebook the flights for cheaper seats, go for it and then she told me "Good Luck getting an even better fare!" Said with heart and not at all sarcasticaly! What great service!

OK...I'm off to decide which P&PP we will now be attending since DH said we couldn't afford it before. This fare adjustment will pay for our tickets!! YAY!!

patiently waiting for southwest to lower their fares for 9/16-9/23, they are extremely high right now- 168 nonstop each way out of buffalo- too much!! I am thinking AirTran will have to do- they are now offering nonstop as well

patiently waiting for southwest to lower their fares for 9/16-9/23, they are extremely high right now- 168 nonstop each way out of buffalo- too much!! I am thinking AirTran will have to do- they are now offering nonstop as well

we always book with JetBlue and watch the fares because JetBLue always provides credit back if the fares reduce = another trip $$$. :banana:
not sure if JetBlue is an option out of Buffalo?

Michelle in NY, 2 days until POFQ :woohoo:

If you are willing to go Sept 17-24 the fares drop to $69 each way non stop. Just a thought.

I'm taking the 7:30 flight out and the 8PM flight home, both are non stop out of BUffalo!!

looks like you are in between a rock and a hard place. I checked everywhere I know of and can't find anything cheap. Jetblue is almost as much as Southwest and has no direct flights.

Airtran looks the cheapest but they only have 1 direct flight each way. The one coming back is at 10:42am. It would be very hard to make that flight.

Bill

I happened to check Southwest after seeing someone post about lower rates and got $69 each way, nonstop, MCI to MCO. I'm pretty happy but will keep watching for a ding rate!

We're still holding out because JetBlue fares keep fluctuating and the original flight times we eyeballed back in Feb. are no longer listed on the sight. We prefer an early (5 or 6AM) flight down and red eye (midnight or after) flight back. We were planning on a 6AM and 11PM but they're not listed anymore.

So a crazy option was suggested to me and I want to throw it out there to see what everybody thinks. :confused: I trust my fellow DISers to help me make a decision.

Regardless of my flight time, we plan on spending our last day (saturday) at MK. We'd check out and store our luggage with bell services, have breakfast at CRT and enjoy MK one last time. Someone suggested to me that I book our flight home for 6AM the following day(sunday), making the ME bus pickup at 3AM and thereby allowing us to stay at MK through Wishes and then head over to PI for a couple more drinks (Kungaloosh!) before pouting our way back to the hotel to wait for the ME pickup.

Does this sound plausible to you guys? Aside from it being a crazy long day I also wonder if it's in good taste. I'd appreciate any input you guys can give me to help make a final decision. Thanks in advance!

We just booked Air Tran out of Rochester, NY, for me and my Twin Granddaughters for August 23rd, returning Augsut 31st!!!!:cool1: My husbsand did it for us and he didn't realize that the flight out is at 7AM!!! That means that we have to be at the airport at 5:30 in the morning!!!! Coming back at 10pm is not a problem as we will stay at the hotel near the airport that night and then leave in the morning to come back home.
Am glad that Air Tran is now part of the MYW. Won't have to worry about the luggage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter