Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Thank you for the link to the Cirque and dinner show-just picked up some with my brand new ONYX card :) It will either be date night with DH (drive to Montreal for the night and leave kids with grandparents) or a fabulous girls night out with my girlfriend who lives in Montreal... As I write this, I am thinking DH may be staying home with the kids.... :p

This has been a good collection weekend for me! Trying to get DH's account to hit 2050 to get a US pass. He's at 82 miles right now LOL
Sobeys - $200 gift cards = 95 miles + 50 miles through air miles site offers (did this times 2) = 290 miles
Lawtons Drugs - Spend $50 get 50 miles + spend $95 get 95 miles = 145 miles

On October 6 when our Sobeys MC bill comes in, he should have another 300-400 miles from that.
On October 23, his 150 bonus miles from his Texture subscription should be in.

That's 885-985 miles this month.

Plus, all of the miles I will earn on my account through Sobeys and Get My Offers :)

This has been a good collection weekend for me! Trying to get DH's account to hit 2050 to get a US pass. He's at 82 miles right now LOL
Sobeys - $200 gift cards = 95 miles + 50 miles through air miles site offers (did this times 2) = 290 miles
Lawtons Drugs - Spend $50 get 50 miles + spend $95 get 95 miles = 145 miles

On October 6 when our Sobeys MC bill comes in, he should have another 300-400 miles from that.
On October 23, his 150 bonus miles from his Texture subscription should be in.

That's 885-985 miles this month.

Plus, all of the miles I will earn on my account through Sobeys and Get My Offers :)

That's a lot of hard work there. I know the AM are a lot harder to come by on the East Coast. Here's hoping for some good bonuses to put you over the top.

I've started to learn how to grocery shop at Lawtons whenever there is an offer. DH always questions if I am buying "stuff" to just get miles. I can honestly say I don't do this. Do I maybe spend $1 more on shampoo, body wash, etc to get offers that are 10 miles or more? Yes.

I think he is amazed at my sleuthing, but will never admit it.

I've lurked around this thread for a couple of weeks, curious about how you find all those miles. So I thought I'd check my balance and see what I have and what I can get. I've got 2450 right now and just by using the coupons I got in the mail from Air Miles, and the bonus AM I got at Sobeys I've collected over 250 miles in the past two days! Aiming for a 7day Disney park ticket before the legacy miles start to expire. Thanks for the inspiration :)

One question, about how long does it take for the AMs earned at Sobeys and Lawtons to show up in my online account?

I've lurked around this thread for a couple of weeks, curious about how you find all those miles. So I thought I'd check my balance and see what I have and what I can get. I've got 2450 right now and just by using the coupons I got in the mail from Air Miles, and the bonus AM I got at Sobeys I've collected over 250 miles in the past two days! Aiming for a 7day Disney park ticket before the legacy miles start to expire. Thanks for the inspiration :)

One question, about how long does it take for the AMs earned at Sobeys and Lawtons to show up in my online account?
You're well on your way to getting those passes! Just keep an eye on that balance and if it gets close to the expiration date cash in for whichever level you can *afford* you can always upgrade at the gate if you want to. I'm working (slowly i must admit) to updating the first page of this thread with general tips for maximizing our earnings along with links to current coupons and contests so keep an eye on that! I find that Sobey's post to my account within a week (max 10 days) unless i'm anxious to redeem in which case it takes F O R E V E R! Not sure about Lawtons since we don't have those but maybe @ilovetotravel1977 can provide that answer (also can you give a link to the Sobey's 50 offer or is it strictly for your easterners -- in which case you certainly deserve it, your bonuses are pathetic and few & far between)

You're well on your way to getting those passes! Just keep an eye on that balance and if it gets close to the expiration date cash in for whichever level you can *afford* you can always upgrade at the gate if you want to. I'm working (slowly i must admit) to updating the first page of this thread with general tips for maximizing our earnings along with links to current coupons and contests so keep an eye on that! I find that Sobey's post to my account within a week (max 10 days) unless i'm anxious to redeem in which case it takes F O R E V E R! Not sure about Lawtons since we don't have those but maybe @ilovetotravel1977 can provide that answer (also can you give a link to the Sobey's 50 offer or is it strictly for your easterners -- in which case you certainly deserve it, your bonuses are pathetic and few & far between)

At Sobeys yesterday they gave me 95 bonus miles for buying a $200 gift card, which I thought was totally worth it. But could I have also used the coupon for 50 miles at the same time, or am I asking too much, lol? The 95 miles was an automatic offer.

Woo-hoo! We're about to hit 100 pages of savings and tens of thousands of air miles.
Your post is actually the first on the 100th page and from a long standing tradition from a thread i was a very active participant in a long time ago, you deserve a PRIZE!
and how appropriate is today for a celebration??

At Sobeys yesterday they gave me 95 bonus miles for buying a $200 gift card, which I thought was totally worth it. But could I have also used the coupon for 50 miles at the same time, or am I asking too much, lol? The 95 miles was an automatic offer.
Generally speaking you can use all the coupons you have, you should see my account when Rexall posts .. this past week i have one that shows 12 (yes TWELVE) different "bonus on product" and at least 6 of those are from coupons i had sent in e-mail. I print multiple copies of every coupon i get and use them until they expire --- I will line them up on the counter next to the item they're good for. Certain coupons say they can't be stacked but i just ask, worse they can say is no.

Generally speaking you can use all the coupons you have, you should see my account when Rexall posts .. this past week i have one that shows 12 (yes TWELVE) different "bonus on product" and at least 6 of those are from coupons i had sent in e-mail. I print multiple copies of every coupon i get and use them until they expire --- I will line them up on the counter next to the item they're good for. Certain coupons say they can't be stacked but i just ask, worse they can say is no.

Awesome! I'm going to give it a try next time and let you all know how it went

I believe that 50 miles at Sobeys is through Air Miles itself, and it says in the Terms no coupon required. Air Miles will post these to your account, it's separate from Sobeys' actual offers ($200=95 miles).

Just keep track of your purchase and if the 50 miles do not show up in 120 days, contact air miles and they will post them for you.

Just got back from Metro, picking up a few last minute things for dinner. The cashier was a nice chatty kid. Had the nerve to ask if I had heard about Airmiles cancelling... That was as far as he got before I gave him the lecture on the fact that the program isn't being cancelled it is AM older than 5 years which are expiring. Different thing totally! I didn't want him to start spreading untrue rumours like the cashiers at Michaels were the other week.

Just got back from Metro, picking up a few last minute things for dinner. The cashier was a nice chatty kid. Had the nerve to ask if I had heard about Airmiles cancelling... That was as far as he got before I gave him the lecture on the fact that the program isn't being cancelled it is AM older than 5 years which are expiring. Different thing totally! I didn't want him to start spreading untrue rumours like the cashiers at Michaels were the other week.
On one of my regular weekly trips to Rexall one of the cashiers hunted me down and had me come to the till ... she had a customer who didn't understand the whole "Airmiles is cancelling the whole programme" and she knew i understand the system inside out and backwards. (told her she'd have to wait just a sec since i was in the middle of some serious Vitamin calculating :P )

Amazing
how quickly rumours will spread and even with the ease of finding accurate information these days people are willing to accept 3rd hand reports at face value.

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/ProductTicketingDetails?productId=prod2585351

New 1 AM reward for Onyx level. A cirque show and dinner in Montreal for Dec. Great for a short 5 hour drive from TO, or gift for friends in Montreal.
They say there is a limit of 50 packages. Good Luck all.

I am completely blanking on this. I got one of the Onyx packages for Cirque in Montreal but now the link to the description doesn't work. What restaurant is included before the show please? Don't seem to see it on the confirmation email.
Thanks
John

I am completely blanking on this. I got one of the Onyx packages for Cirque in Montreal but now the link to the description doesn't work. What restaurant is included before the show please? Don't seem to see it on the confirmation email.
Thanks
John
Link probably doesn't work because it could be all done now. The restaurant is the one in the Bell center. 10-4-9 I think it is called. Dinner from around 4:30- 5 show at 7:30. I think its a buffet so anytime before show time I would think.

My AM hunt is not successful at Sobey's. They don't have the salmon for the salmon meal. I got some mini ice cream cones and threw in two $100 LCBO GCs. Successfully laundried my Foodland GC and got some wines for the weekend. I did get AM for the LCBO GCs, so it's not too bad. Going to Rexall tomorrow for the 100 AM for $50 purchase. Happy shopping everyone!

Link probably doesn't work because it could be all done now. The restaurant is the one in the Bell center. 10-4-9 I think it is called. Dinner from around 4:30- 5 show at 7:30. I think its a buffet so anytime before show time I would think.
Thank you

Thanks
John

Thankfully I screen printed the terms and conditions before leaving the promo. The dinner is at Bell Centre's 9-4-10 restaurant starting at 4:30pm. It goes on to mention that once your order is complete, you may call the restaurant to book your table and desired dinner time at (514) 925-2582. Mention that you are taking advantage of the AIR MILES exclusive Dinner and show package.

My one question is when is "your order complete"? They mentioned that a confirmation letter will come in three weeks. So do we call now or wait for the letter?

Your post is actually the first on the 100th page and from a long standing tradition from a thread i was a very active participant in a long time ago, you deserve a PRIZE!
and how appropriate is today for a celebration??

:thanks:Thank you. Thank you very much. I shall "wear" it with pride and knowledge of the 3 tickets in my "box" of important things, and the movement on my ticker! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter