• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I guess I will be doing next weeks Rexall shopping today. Thanks for the heads up. I checked my email a few hours ago and wouldn't have looked at it until later tonight.

Just want to announce that I'm ready to redeem for my first "prize"! Whoo hoo! One disney ticket down. I don't have a trip planned, but always good to have :D
CONGRATS!, it's an amazing feeling to get something for nothing more than your regular shopping isn't it??

Here's the link to the coupon Happy shopping -- I seriously doubt i need anything else even if i put the red hat on (ho-ho-ho) but never say never, right?

http://images.rexall.ca/newsletter/2016/Sept29-FlashSale/SEP29-AM110COUPON-ONMB.pdf

May I ask for how long a cruise and in what room category?
Actually, I checked my records, and it was 27,644 airmiles for a 4 day Disney cruise Dec 5-9 2016 on the Dream, 2 adults, 3 kids (3, 6, 9), in category 4A (deck 9 midship, deluxe family overview with verandah). I thought I had to accumulate enough to pay for the whole thing, but seems you can't pay the taxes with airmiles, you have to pay those cash. Which means I didn't have to give myself such a heart attack waiting so long to book and seeing the ship fill up and the prices increase (we originally wanted deck 7). I had enough this time to pay for the entire cruise (including deposit) but I had to wait to book... There's another way of doing it...on our previous family cruise (a 7-day on the Fantasy) - what I did was call airmiles up to book the cruise early to lock in the price - I didn't have enough miles at that point, so I had to pay the deposit in CASH, but they then let you accumulate airmiles until your pay in full date, and at that time they can apply how many airmiles you have to your cruise, and anything that isn't covered you pay the rest cash.

Because I paid for the 2016 December cruise in December of 2015, I've now been able to re-accumulate enough airmiles to get 5 x 3 day passes to Disney World for my family for this trip, and I'm 3/5 of the way to buying our passes to Seaworld. Frantically doing Christmas shopping early to get the points to get the tickets before the trip, lol.

First off, welcome out of lurkdom into one of the BEST threads on the DISboards (just slightly biased but hey...) And WOW! congrats on working the programme to give you an entire cruise for your family --- that beats my record!

To change your siggy it's really quite simple --- click on your name up in the top right of this page and you will see a bunch of links drop down -- on my laptop the 2nd from the top on the left hand side is "signature" -- it's the same place you put your ticker. Just type whatever you want, format it however you please, add little smilies or graphics and make sure it appears before your ticker. Use the Preview button to keep checking until you're satisfied and then "save changes" You might then need to check a post you've made to see how it looks and do some tweaks.

Thank you thank you. This is my fave thread to lurk on, and you have all given me great tips on maximizing my airmiles haul! My husband just doesn't get the obsession, but he loves that I have saved ourselves at least 5500$ on our upcoming Disney World and Disney Cruise trip. Now I just need more vacation time to save up for another trip :-)

And I can't change my signature until I reach 10 posts I guess - I'm wondering why my old post count disappeared?

Actually, I checked my records, and it was 27,644 airmiles for a 4 day Disney cruise Dec 5-9 2016 on the Dream, 2 adults, 3 kids (3, 6, 9), in category 4A (deck 9 midship, deluxe family overview with verandah). I thought I had to accumulate enough to pay for the whole thing, but seems you can't pay the taxes with airmiles, you have to pay those cash. Which means I didn't have to give myself such a heart attack waiting so long to book and seeing the ship fill up and the prices increase (we originally wanted deck 7). I had enough this time to pay for the entire cruise (including deposit) but I had to wait to book... There's another way of doing it...on our previous family cruise (a 7-day on the Fantasy) - what I did was call airmiles up to book the cruise early to lock in the price - I didn't have enough miles at that point, so I had to pay the deposit in CASH, but they then let you accumulate airmiles until your pay in full date, and at that time they can apply how many airmiles you have to your cruise, and anything that isn't covered you pay the rest cash.

Because I paid for the 2016 December cruise in December of 2015, I've now been able to re-accumulate enough airmiles to get 5 x 3 day passes to Disney World for my family for this trip, and I'm 3/5 of the way to buying our passes to Seaworld. Frantically doing Christmas shopping early to get the points to get the tickets before the trip, lol.

@Spotthecat, you have given me a whole new dimension of collecting airmiles! If I want to check out how many AM I need for a particular cruise, do I go online or do I call? The idea of paying the deposit first then booking through airmiles would work for me to take advantage of the OBB. I need to do more research on this and it means I need to shop this week for a possible Disney cruise. I like the idea of paying the outstanding balance with cash. Thanks for sharing!
:thanks:

@Spotthecat, you have given me a whole new dimension of collecting airmiles! If I want to check out how many AM I need for a particular cruise, do I go online or do I call? The idea of paying the deposit first then booking through airmiles would work for me to take advantage of the OBB. I need to do more research on this and it means I need to shop this week for a possible Disney cruise. I like the idea of paying the outstanding balance with cash. Thanks for sharing!
:thanks:

Have I misread? Is it possible to put down a placeholder deposit on the cruise; then use airmiles to book a cruise within the 24 months? Probably this is a good question to ask customer services.

I'm not sure if airmiles booking of cruises would work with OBB. Please find this out before my December crusie as I would so totally book onboard while there!!!

You have to call the airmiles number to book cruises...you can't get a quote for it online. But if I remember correctly it was like 7.147 (or some other weird number) airmiles for every dollar for the cruise (except for taxes). This is much better than the 100$ gift certificates for 950 AM you used to be able to get for travel places (or have they cut those off too?) - and they only allowed 4 of those per person per trip, so it was only a $400 savings per person. So if you look up the price of the cruise you want to take, take off the taxes, and multiply by that 7.147 (maybe someone has the actual current number they quote with?), and that should be pretty close to what you need in terms of airmiles. If you book at the beginning without enough airmiles, you also need to remove the 10 or 20% deposit as that will be cash... Booking early lets you lock in the cruise price, but booking only when you have the whole amount means you don't pay cash for the deposit but wait while the boat fills up. Short cruise, you can accumulate. Long cruise, not sure I'd be able to hold out that long before booking again, lol.

The preview for tomorrow's Thrifty Foods flyer is out and it is a good one by our low standards!

Sept 28-Oct 4

Buy a $200 Smile card, get 200 AM. Limit 1 per collector account. Fri, Sat, Sun only.

Also, if anyone was planning on buying the Folgers Coffee deal from last week ($7.99, 15AM for 3 purchased), this coming week has the same same price but it's 15AM for 2 purchased! I was going to grab some for the office this afternoon but I'm now going to wait until tomorrow!

I noticed it wasn't as much as the other week, but still some good stuff.

Plus, I use my extra coupons from AM as well as DH's, so the Robin Hood Flour - buy 2 for $18 and get 15AM is now 30AM because of the extra coupon. Plus, spend $225 and get 45AM coupon, so I'm aiming to get a minimum of 416AM for a $225 shop (and it may be slightly more as we're out of a TON of stuff). To add the cherry on top, Checkout51 has the Flour on for cashback!

YAY!

I'm not sure if this link works but AM has a special cruise and on one of the pages they have a calculator so you can put in how many AM you have and see how much off the price you would get. It seems to work out to 7.396AM per CAD. http://airmilescruise.ca/en/pricing#beacon

For things like a Disney cruise, do you get to pay in CAD when you book through AM? that is a big bonus to me... I hate booking them in USD and then watching as the rates fluctuate.

Zipped into Foodland today and picked up the 50 points that didn't go on yesterday, and called the getmyoffers line and another 9 will go on. Thanks for reminding me to do that! Sobey's, Foodland, and BMO added today, so we're starting to move upwards again. :yay:

OK, i think i need an intervention here --- just got back from Rexall --- spent $53.26 and got 122 Airmiles. I walked in the store and one of the cashiers came right over to me "we were worried you'd missed the coupon for today because it's so late" I sheepishly wandered around the store and was barely able to get the one sale (that God hubby needed toothbrush heads and likes to have an extra Drysol on hand -- they're both over $25.00 each) I also had a coupon for $2.00 off the toothbrush heads if i bought 2 items so i grabbed the dental floss i use -- it was on sale for $1.99 (making it free!) so WOOT, one stocking stuffer for me down!

HI, my name is Jacqueline and I'm an Airmiles addict.

Just went thru the Sobey's flyer (for Ontario) and found the following offers. We've got enough Scene points (collected from buying jeans for hubby at Marks with the GC we snagged a few weeks ago) to see a movie in a brand new VIP theatre in Kitchener so we'll make a date-day out of it!
Artisan bread ., baguettes etc ---starting at $1.99 buy 2 get 10 AM
Becel margarine --$2.99 ea buy 2 get 8 (they make a vegan one that's the only kind hubby can eat so when it goes on sale we stock up)

probably
get the meal deal that I'm *supposed to use* to make a pie --apples, pie crust $2.99 and cheese $3.99 get 25 AM

AND we don't need any more drug store related things (trust me on this!) but they have Bandaid products on sale 20% off, buy 3 get 20 AM they make AMAZING blister pads that we always carry in our park bags -- just a heads up

AND we don't need any more drug store related things (trust me on this!) but they have Bandaid products on sale 20% off, buy 3 get 20 AM they make AMAZING blister pads that we always carry in our park bags -- just a heads up

This is good to know. Our next trip is with my mom, my sister and all 9 of Mom's grandkids in January. For Christmas, I'm doing them all a little travel essentials kit. Sunblock, travel toothbrushes and shampoos. A pack of Princess or Cars Bandaids will be well received!

Thanks for posting Mort. I managed to score one set for my son as I will still be in Florida. He has yet to see a Cirque du Soleil show so this is perfect.
Thats a quick little drive for you. Dinner is included, so excellent deal. I am thinking about doing the drive myself, or giving our cousins in Montreal a treat.

Jump on the offer, I don't think it will last long. It posted some time this afternoon because I was looking for new movie offerings this morning after last evenings disaster of a movie. That's two hours I will never get back (could be I'm just too old to have appreciated the humour in Mastermind)

I gave my son tickets to mastermind and they we turned away due to the show being overbooked.
I felt bad for them.
Hopefully this doesn't happen often.
Hugs Mel

Hi my name is Mel and I am a Airmiles Addict
I wandered around a Rexall tonight and couldn't see anything that I needed until this perfect gem appeared.

999999-32878551520_2.jpg

Happy early xmas gift to me.
I added a couple of boxes of granola bars and I got my 110 airmiles.
Thanks for posting the one day special Jacqueline.
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter