Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I was thinking about this new weekend offer. I think we should set up a buddy system to cross the offer zones (unless you're fortunate enough to have relatives in another shopping zone.

If it's all about earning 1AM a simple switch of a printed off AM card could accomplish the trade. Need to make sure the AM Cash is locked (we're trusting but I don't even trust my kids with and unlocked account).

Anyone interested in trying it out. I'm in Ontario and can do Metro and Shell for you. Would this even work with the new rules now that BMO is running things? Never mind I just read the terms and first thing it mentions is that you have to use your BMO M/C

Last edited:
Before i sold my Air fryer (took up too much space and was soooo noisy!) it sat on a wooden cutting board that I could slide over to the outlet while using it and then back to it's "parking spot" Same goes for my new cutie rice cooker that I got from Airmiles - I am seriously LOVING that thing. I only use it to cook red rice since I'm allergic to most others. I hated the amount of time and effort it was to cook on the stove and while this takes just as long, I don't need to babysit it and everything goes into the dishwasher.

I sent an email to the humane society and they will take all of Mocha's things! I'll take the leftover food & medications back to the vet. They will refund the unopened food and they'll use the medications either in house or for clients who are struggling with the cost. I had just picked up her thyroid meds so I'm glad they will be used by someone in need. I'm giving the carrier to our daughter since her cat is far too big for the kitten sized one she has.

Ok, I used the Onyx personal shopper to get WDW water park tickets. It’s only 1 barcode for 3 of us and I can’t seem to link it with my account or the app. Does anyone have experience with these?

Ok, I used the Onyx personal shopper to get WDW water park tickets. It’s only 1 barcode for 3 of us and I can’t seem to link it with my account or the app. Does anyone have experience with these?
Sounds like you've got the same problem I did in February - they've more than likely attached them to their own MDE account :( You will need to reach out and let them know that whoever bought the tickets will need to friend you and then you can transfer them to you - it was a major PIA but I did get it worked out eventually

I plan on picking up a few Amazon Gift Cards at Shell in the next couple of days.
Save them for Prime Day!
Although Shell could very well have Airmiles on them after the current end date of July 2nd.
shellcards1.jpg

Nothing in any of the flyers for me .

I am going to do the spend 40$ at Rexall tomorrow (One Day Only Thursday) for the Be Well Points 25,000.

Hugs Mel

I need to go for a long drive away from here.
yuck1.jpg
Maybe Owen Sound.
My son has had a headache for 3 days.

Wearing a mask might help.
9660ba63-1380-47d0-b2d7-59d9aa57bafb-face-mask-front.jpg

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I need to go for a long drive away from here.
View attachment 772548
Maybe Owen Sound.
My son has had a headache for 3 days.

Wearing a mask might help.
View attachment 772559

Hugs Mel
I'm afraid this may become the new normal for summer weather. I find myself looking at a bunch of different indexes before I get out of bed in the morning and debate opening the windows never mind stepping outside. The masks help but make it an N95 or KN95.

This is so very very wrong and sad.
I woke up to read the news which said that a stabbing had occurred at my granddaughters University.(Waterloo)
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/us/p...-university-suspect-is-in-custody/ar-AA1dbSwj

She is actually at home in Barrie doing a Co Op placement for the government ,,,,, but I had just enough time waiting for a text message from her to feel like my whole world crashed.
My heart felt thoughts go out to all the kids and their parents.

Looking for advice regarding the WestJet World Elite Mastercard since i know some of you have one.
We have an offer that's valid until tomorrow (yup, 11th hour is my style!)
Here's what we'd get if we apply:

• The 1st year fee waived -119
  • 1st companion fee waived-119
  • 250 Westjet $ after 1st purchase
  • 200 WestJet $ if we spend $5000 in the first 3 months
We'd do well this year if we use ONLY that card until we meet the threshold. our flights to MCO in February are currently sitting around $400 plus $164 in taxes and fees (I'm aware that WestJet $ can't be applied towards these?) meaning we would pay $328 for both flights since the WJ$ will cover one and the other is free.

Here's where it gets sticky though, how much moving forward? Can we get the value out of the $238 (annual fee plus the companion fee)? Seeing it written out I'm leaning towards NO. I'm pretty sure that 2 flights were sitting around $750 all-in on Black Friday last year, which is pretty darned close to the fees & extras for the card, am I right?

This is so very very wrong and sad.
I woke up to read the news which said that a stabbing had occurred at my granddaughters University.(Waterloo)
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/us/p...-university-suspect-is-in-custody/ar-AA1dbSwj

She is actually at home in Barrie doing a Co Op placement for the government ,,,,, but I had just enough time waiting for a text message from her to feel like my whole world crashed.
My heart felt thoughts go out to all the kids and their parents.
My youngest went to York and violent incidents happen regularly there. They apparently have the highest rate of sexual assault and in the last two years there have been multiple shootings/stabbings. Some right on property and some right on the edge of the property. Unfortunately the campus sits adjacent to a pretty rough area. There is also a shopping mall in the middle of campus that is open for anyone. There was a shooting in the food court not all that long ago. That food court is one of the main places that students go to eat.

Looking for advice regarding the WestJet World Elite Mastercard since i know some of you have one.

We'd do well this year if we use ONLY that card until we meet the threshold. our flights to MCO in February are currently sitting around $400 plus $164 in taxes and fees (I'm aware that WestJet $ can't be applied towards these?) meaning we would pay $328 for both flights since the WJ$ will cover one and the other is free.

Here's where it gets sticky though, how much moving forward? Can we get the value out of the $238 (annual fee plus the companion fee)? Seeing it written out I'm leaning towards NO. I'm pretty sure that 2 flights were sitting around $750 all-in on Black Friday last year, which is pretty darned close to the fees & extras for the card, am I right?
We have used this in the paat...once flifht is done we cancelled...my pcmc gains me more $....have also done the TDaeroplan visa to goto Hawaii last year...we always leave a fee years between each churn of card.
If ypur credit is gpod..easy way to save on flights....also includes free checked bags,,thats getting more for you as well.

Funny story....
So while I'm booking our tickets the other day I get to the pay page and I says that if I apply for the Aeroplan Visa at that moment I would get a $200 statement credit towards my flights. I look at it and I can easily meet all the requirements to earn 70K points. I figure that even with the $139 annual fee I'm still ahead with the $200 credit. So I go ahead and start the application. It puts your flight purchase on hold while you do it. I get through the app process which is super easy due to logging in via banking. I get right to the final part where it says I'm approved but then when I click to get my immediate card info for the purchase it says something went wrong and that I need to start again. I start the process again and get the same error. At this stage I'm over it and go back to just make my purchase with Amex. Again I get to the final page and there is an error telling me to start over. Now I'm frustrated! I get a notification for email and decide to check that (was waiting for something important from work), it was the visa card info telling me to add it to my Apple wallet. I do that thinking that I can pay for the tickets. NOPE....I start the process again to buy my tickets and this time I'm looking for Apple pay but it's not an option. So now I've got this CC that I didn't really need. Now to find out if the perk of free checked bags will apply even though I didn't use the card to pay for the trip.

I also have an offer for a Westjet card which I was seriously considering but I guess not now. It's ok though, I'll use this visa for a year and see how many points I can earn and then maybe cancel it. Although, the free checked bag perk might make it worth keeping....would only need to check 2 bags RT per year to bring it within a few dollars of the annual fee.

have also done the TDaeroplan visa to goto Hawaii last year...we always leave a fee years between each churn of card.
That's what I am doing. My current TD Aeroplan VISA free year is up Sept 8, so canceling August 1. I last earned bonus points Oct 8, 2022, so going to apply again for the Infinite VISA October 15 or so. Customer Service Rep told me you can only earn the bonus points once every 12 months.

What can you use the Westjet $$ for? This looks like a dandy deal, did you get a special offer in the mail or in and email? I do great with my MC, mostly because I retired from BMO, but would consider this down the line when I'm in need of a few flight.

I applied for that TD Aeroplan Visa and it turns out that I had clicked the wrong link and ended up with the TD Travel Rewards Visa. I was some bummed when I got the thing, but I'll deal for the time being. It is conjunction with Expedia, and I use Expedia for my cruises and hotels, so this is my new travel credit card.
I have used my WJ MC for all travel buying for the past years. We've done well, and I am not displeased. However, with WJ's determination that eastern Canada is not where they want to invest (and my small local airport now gets one flight to/from Toronto in the morning and another late at night) I am ready to cancel that card.
That leaves me with PCMC for groceries, BMO MC for airmiles shops, Home Trust Visa for travelling outside of the country (no foreign exchange fees), Tangerine credit card for recurring bills and now the TD Travel Card for everything else. Gosh! When I write that all out, I'm wondering what the heck I'm doing! I think that I should try to cut back on the cards. (The BMO card will go if Air Miles can't be found more regularly.) Luckily, I never carry a balance, and only rarely pay one card that was slated for another.

What can you use the Westjet $$ for? This looks like a dandy deal, did you get a special offer in the mail or in and email? I do great with my MC, mostly because I retired from BMO, but would consider this down the line when I'm in need of a few flight.
Here's the webpage take a look and see what you think
WestJet Mastercard offer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter