Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Walmart via Airmiles shop has been un unusable for over 2 weeks for me
This is what it says

Unable to add to cart​

Sorry! We are having a technical issue. We're working on fixing it. Please try again later.​

Close
disappointed.
Awww. I'm sorry that that is happening to you. I don't usually shop Walmart, but did an airmilesshops shop last week. Item arrived yesterday. Another Christmas gift in the house.

Good heavens....I've taken today off and I've got so many errands to run that I think it would have been better to go to work. On the up side...I stayed in bed until the sun came up so that was nice. Now I better get my butt in gear and get out of the house.
I'm in the same boat here ,,,off to Sobeys and then blood work ,,then meet my son, ,then blah blah blah,, yeah work would have been quieter.
lol

I’m still in the house 🤦🏻‍♀️ and turns out DD is also off today. She wants to come to Costco with me. I should have gone to work….this is going to cost me BIG!
I went in once and I only bought a pot pie (love those things!). A guy in line said he was impressed that's all I bought. I told him the key to my success was NOT getting a cart LOL

So, do I have this right? If I order something through AMs from Walmart and choose instore pickup, that will count as a purchase? Is Walmart 1 AM for every $20? I have an item I want to purchase from there and thought this might be a way to get it done and get a bonus but spending enough for free delivery. TIA.

So, do I have this right? If I order something through AMs from Walmart and choose instore pickup, that will count as a purchase? Is Walmart 1 AM for every $20? I have an item I want to purchase from there and thought this might be a way to get it done and get a bonus but spending enough for free delivery. TIA.
Website says this ... Electronics, groceries and video games are excluded. Purchases from Pharmacy, Financial Services, Tires, Optical, Walmart Photo Centre, Gift Cards, Online Gift Cards, and items picked up in store are not eligible for Miles.

However, some people have reported otherwise.

I have to say....this was my best month since pre- big "C" that I have had collecting AM :cheer2: :banana:

With Max pass for Shell ( it helped that we were unexpectedly travelling to Saskatchewan and back that weekend ) and Dollarama AM.

With xmas coming - I will be using Dollarama. I am building a advent calendar for Gd this year with all little things. I am so excited to do this. I don't know who is more excited - me or her lol. AND also to keep me going for that morning muffin and tea for less than 3.00/morning!!!!!! It is the one little thing that will bring me joy since winter has arrived in our area.

Today my plan was to go and pick up a box of chocolates that I won in a contest held from a local vendor. She makes homemade popcorn treats and had been in the East Coast so stopped at the Ganong factory and picked up some boxes of chocolates. I happened to be one of the lucky winners. I won Ganong Salted Caramels enrobbed in dark chocolate. I also ordered some of her caramel corn to try since I hadn't yet purchased from her and since she makes it all fresh it is really good so I will be back to buy more before Christmas.

Did anyone get their 20x bonus miles with their Shell fill-up this week? I thought last time that the bonus came right away.
I haven’t yet either. Unlike some of the other Shell offers I believe the same offer covered the 26th & 27th, and wasn’t one time use. So the offer only ended a few hours ago and the bonus will probably be calculated all at once.

And once again I managed to luck in and get a personal shopper who had zero idea of how to buy disney ticket media as a gift 😖 they've linked it to their own account and now I've got to wait until Monday for them to send me a friend request and then transfer the danged thing to me ! Urgh the miles were taken on Oct 24 and I still don't have the pass. They're not open on the weekend so I've got to wait until at least Monday! Fingers crossed that whoever has the ticket is at work on Monday

I went in once and I only bought a pot pie (love those things!). A guy in line said he was impressed that's all I bought. I told him the key to my success was NOT getting a cart LOL
LOL....I transferred my prescriptions to the Costco pharmacy. BIG, BIG mistake. True, I save about $50-ish but then I end up cruising around after because you know I had to drive all the way over there and then deal with parking. My $50 savings usually turns into spending at least $100. I'm actually thinking about transferring back to Walmart where I used to get them. Costco always (not joke, always) makes a mistake. They miss one of my refills, they give me the wrong one, they short fill my pills. This weeks latest was they tried to give me pills that were going to expire in 60 days and those are my expensive migraine pills....these cost me around $20/tablet and that's after the 80% that my insurance pays for. I might use them all in 60 days or I might not, I never know. So I refused to accept them.

One item only.....my best is 2 items. That actually used to be a regular thing pre 2020. Once we started the stock up shop as infrequently as possible Covid style, I then would go in and load up my cart. The thought process at the time was....I can't come back for who knows how long, so get anything and everything that you want. Gosh, remember lining up outside? Costco did it the best!

LOL....I transferred my prescriptions to the Costco pharmacy. BIG, BIG mistake. True, I save about $50-ish but then I end up cruising around after because you know I had to drive all the way over there and then deal with parking. My $50 savings usually turns into spending at least $100. I'm actually thinking about transferring back to Walmart where I used to get them. Costco always (not joke, always) makes a mistake. They miss one of my refills, they give me the wrong one, they short fill my pills. This weeks latest was they tried to give me pills that were going to expire in 60 days and those are my expensive migraine pills....these cost me around $20/tablet and that's after the 80% that my insurance pays for. I might use them all in 60 days or I might not, I never know. So I refused to accept them.

One item only.....my best is 2 items. That actually used to be a regular thing pre 2020. Once we started the stock up shop as infrequently as possible Covid style, I then would go in and load up my cart. The thought process at the time was....I can't come back for who knows how long, so get anything and everything that you want. Gosh, remember lining up outside? Costco did it the best!
I read in our local Costco FB group, just this morning, of another person having very similar issues. It surprised me because I have never had issues, call in my prescriptions and they call me when ready. When we pick them up we also stop for a seniors meal (our code for hotdog and drink) so it's a cheap date night, lol. I would not be at all happy if I had the issues you and others are having. I hope it continues to run smooth for us. Hope yours gets better.

Your point about not saving because you spend twice as much as you save is sooooo valid. We are at Costco twice a week or so, it's very close, and I doubt we have ever walked away spending less than $100 and that's on the light side of things. But I am getting a rebate check for $713 in the mail soon so there's that.

Also, for anyone interested, I booked the DCL Treasure for Feb. of 2025. The Haunted Mansion club made me do it. I had no other choice. Having a placeholder and another 25% off discount helped with my choice as well. Now to wait 484 days but who's counting.

I read in our local Costco FB group, just this morning, of another person having very similar issues. It surprised me because I have never had issues, call in my prescriptions and they call me when ready. When we pick them up we also stop for a seniors meal (our code for hotdog and drink) so it's a cheap date night, lol. I would not be at all happy if I had the issues you and others are having. I hope it continues to run smooth for us. Hope yours gets better.

Your point about not saving because you spend twice as much as you save is sooooo valid. We are at Costco twice a week or so, it's very close, and I doubt we have ever walked away spending less than $100 and that's on the light side of things. But I am getting a rebate check for $713 in the mail soon so there's that.

Also, for anyone interested, I booked the DCL Treasure for Feb. of 2025. The Haunted Mansion club made me do it. I had no other choice. Having a placeholder and another 25% off discount helped with my choice as well. Now to wait 484 days but who's counting.
The pharmacy has been messing with me for well over a year. I’m tired of it! Last month they had to fax my doctor for a refill for two items. I go in and they have one of them ready but claim they had no knowledge of the other. Meanwhile that time I spoke with a human to ask for my refills and explain that the previous two times they tried to give me the wrong drug…I refused both times. Which she said she could see on my profile. One thing that really irks me is all the times they made a mistake if I wanted the correct item I would have to wait for at least 45 minutes. Sorry, I don’t have that kind of time. Maybe I’m wrong but I think they made the mistake they should fix it right then and there. Plus, the guy that does the cash is incredibly rude.

I looked just yesterday at the prices for the Treasure. YIKES! Lowest I think was $5500 USD. I have to assume there won’t be any CM discounts for a looooong while. There actually have been none on any of the ships for the last several months. I think DD said she has seen nothing since April/May. I don’t think we will we going to visit at those prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter