Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I purchased enough that I would be very close either over or under to the $50 with the intention that if I was a few cents under I could just add some gum at the counter but when I went up it came to just over $70. I was confused but thought maybe I had just mistaken a price on some of the pills I bought and ignored it until I checked my bill and noticed I was charged for 2 boxes of condoms (lol) that I definitely didn't buy so I went back and had those refunded but then I checked the receipts and I will be .40 cents shy of the $50 needed for the promo. They said I couldn't add anything on now since it would have needed to be done at one time. I said that was fine, they could just refund everything and I would rebuy it and they refused and said they couldn't help me. So annoyed. It's not a waste of money persay as I will use everything I bought but everything was so overpriced I probably could have saved like $20 going elsewhere, and no airmiles!

Boo! No more Rexall for me.

What about phoning the Manager at that Rexall location and explaining what happened? It was the cashier's fault for adding 2 boxes of condoms you didn't buy (that is kind of funny though). The cashier should have fixed the receipt and/or added the air miles manually. I would have blown right then and there if she refused to make it right!

Oh oh Sobeys (Ontario) will have buy a $150 giftcard and get 150 AM, so I won't be trekking out to Foodland tonight! Also coming back, buy 3 tortillas, bagels or raisin bread get 30 AM.

Rexall has spend $40 get 40 AM Friday to Sunday, as well as another one Sunday only for head to toe.

Went to Rexall and spend $52 before taxes, got 252 AM :) Will be going to Sobeys while kiddo is playing floor hockey later, hoping to get some pizzas and frozen meals.

Just did the survey and went to chat and got the 15 airmiles added to my account. Sarah did it for me since I'm Onyx. She did see the discrepancy though although she at first wanted me to wait to see what posted. They have up to 90 days to add the miles though so I pushed a little to get the 15 airmiles now.

Oh oh Sobeys (Ontario) will have buy a $150 giftcard and get 150 AM, so I won't be trekking out to Foodland tonight! Also coming back, buy 3 tortillas, bagels or raisin bread get 30 AM.

Rexall has spend $40 get 40 AM Friday to Sunday, as well as another one Sunday only for head to toe.

Went to Rexall and spend $52 before taxes, got 252 AM :) Will be going to Sobeys while kiddo is playing floor hockey later, hoping to get some pizzas and frozen meals.

Where do you see Sobey's new flyer? I can't find it yet.

Just a rant, I just want to vent.

RANT ON: I don't normally shop at Rexall since they tend to have ridiculous pricing but if the Airmiles deals are good I will sometimes venture in. I went into Rexall today for the Load and Go/Coupon offer of 100 airmiles (each) for $50 (200 Airmiles total for $50, count me in!)

I purchased enough that I would be very close either over or under to the $50 with the intention that if I was a few cents under I could just add some gum at the counter but when I went up it came to just over $70. I was confused but thought maybe I had just mistaken a price on some of the pills I bought and ignored it until I checked my bill and noticed I was charged for 2 boxes of condoms (lol) that I definitely didn't buy so I went back and had those refunded but then I checked the receipts and I will be .40 cents shy of the $50 needed for the promo. They said I couldn't add anything on now since it would have needed to be done at one time. I said that was fine, they could just refund everything and I would rebuy it and they refused and said they couldn't help me. So annoyed. It's not a waste of money persay as I will use everything I bought but everything was so overpriced I probably could have saved like $20 going elsewhere, and no airmiles!

Boo! No more Rexall for me.

You originally received the miles on your receipt, correct? When they refunded the condoms, did they take back miles? This has not been my experience. I would check your account tomorrow morning before doing anything else, you don't usually get penalized for returns, so I'm pretty sure you'll see your miles tomorrow.

Decided to make another trip to Sobeys to get more marketplace meals with the coupons I had left. Spent $32.88 and earned 252 miles. I had no idea how I was going to get them in my freezer but I did. The freezer is literally full to the top...you probably couldn't even fit in a piece of paper now.

25 Bonus Air Miles for taking their educational quiz!

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsProductList?a=true&selectedCategoryId=cat710024

NOTE: I took this and at the end it said I would receive 10 bonus air miles within 90 days, instead of the 25 air miles it first says. I then went to chat to point this out and the AM Rep credited my account with 15 miles right away to make up the difference.

The 25 am instead of 10 am has been there for quite awhile, I did it in the summer and the 25am goes through fine:

upload_2017-10-4_18-9-59.png

Decided to make another trip to Sobeys to get more marketplace meals with the coupons I had left. Spent $32.88 and earned 252 miles. I had no idea how I was going to get them in my freezer but I did. The freezer is literally full to the top...you probably couldn't even fit in a piece of paper now.

Mine is full too but I may go back tomorrow. I knew it was going to be airmiles or the turkey, I now have an 18 pound turkey thawing in my frig for Saturday.

Quick Rexall shop: spent $54.34 pre tax, got 245 AM. I missed out on a few because I bought ibuprofen tablets instead of caplets but it used one of my load and go offers twice because I bought two of the item even though they are single use offers. I only lost out on 8 miles so it is really not enough for me to go back to Rexall to exchange the ibuprofen.

Where do you see Sobey's new flyer? I can't find it yet.

On my front door step :) Mine get delivered Wednesday.

Stopped at Sobeys. Didn't do that well. The frozen dinners didn't look very good, and the pizzas were almost all gone. I did get 4 pizzas and a few other things with AM on them. I did better at Rexall though. Now to remember to go get kiddo in an hour... in the rain. It really should have waited to storm until after I picked him up!

Also notice my 25 AM from redeeming at Metro have posted, that was a couple weeks ago?

Last edited:
Mine is full too but I may go back tomorrow. I knew it was going to be airmiles or the turkey, I now have an 18 pound turkey thawing in my frig for Saturday.
It has just occurred to me how much fun it is going to be trying get something from the bottom....and you know that's what I will need, nothing from the top.

Sooner or later we are going to need a new freezer. Unfortunately it seems to be dying slowly.

So... does anyone know a place for appliances that give air miles? Hmm.. besides Lowe's.

Well, I will definitely be getting the $150 gift card deal at Sobeys this week! Nothing else good.

I'm glad I went and bought 4 more pizzas & 4 more frozen dinners today :) They had tons of pizzas left. Not many different frozen dinners. Wish they had the mac & cheese as I never got any for this promo... that tastes SO good. Also got 2 bags of the Natrel milk again. $31 for 181 AM :)

Gotta love when the promo items need to be kept frozen :) I find it gives me a better chance to get my hands on them! Of course, not as good when you're stocked up!!

Well
I have considered this small freezer
3,000 airmiles onyx collectors
1331521102_WHS-109F1SS_1.jpg

Midea WHS-109F1SS 3 cu.ft. Upright Freezer - Stainless Steel

No Safeway Blue Friday again this week!! What the heck? I'm getting really discouraged trying to collect AM lately. Safeway hasn't had any great deals for AM, we don't have a rexall. Thank goodness for the AMEX promos lately or I'd be really dry. Getting harder and harder to earn those free tickets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter