Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Exactly. We tried to add hopper to our Canadian special tickets last fall after the promotion was over. They wanted to charge us the difference between what we paid for the ticket and what the ticket would be with the hopper at the non discounted price. It worked out to be over $200 per ticket.

We don't have Canadian Resident tickets but we do have AM tickets from 2016. To upgrade them was going to be $$$$. We just decided to do this trip without Park Hoppers and I will then decide how we tour (park hopping or not) moving forward from there. Our plans for this trip I think are just as good as any we had when we hopped.

I have lost track of the AM accumulation for maintaining my Onyx status, especially after the AM changes and the STB miles being posted. Does the AM collected “counter” reset on January 1? If my Onyx status page is showing 4067, does it mean I just need another 1933 AM by the end of this year to stay in Onyx? TIA!

Last edited:
I have lost track of the AM accumulation for maintaining my Onyx status, especially after the AM changes and the STB miles being posted. Does the AM collected “counter” reset on January 1? If my Onyx status page is showing 4067, does it mean I just need another 1933 AM by end of this year to stay in Onyx? TIA!

Yes the clock resets January 1st so you only have to collect 1933 AM between now and Dec 31st to renew/maintain your Onyx status.

Want to say thank you (as always!) to the lovely AM collecting gurus here! I just signed up for my first Disney race (10km Wine and Dine in November) and thanks to AM, just got my first flight for free (or at least taxes only). Now to decide what I should be saving up for next... :) Thinking of trying the travel vouchers and working towards a winter family vacation...

Want to say thank you (as always!) to the lovely AM collecting gurus here! I just signed up for my first Disney race (10km Wine and Dine in November) and thanks to AM, just got my first flight for free (or at least taxes only). Now to decide what I should be saving up for next... :) Thinking of trying the travel vouchers and working towards a winter family vacation...

Wow!!
:yay:Well Done! and congratulations to you!:dogdance:pixiedust:
Hugs Mel

Weekly Metro hunting trip report! We had a blast today (yeah i know, we need to get out more!!) and by the time we left the store had quite the audience watching our transactions :rolleyes1
Detailed the items related to the MM coupon in that thread but here's the complete rundown:
Total pre-tax $66.86 for a total 106 AM showing on the receipt (still not 100% sure but there *might* be another 50 for the cash mile redemption!?!)

• Dare cookies $5/2 -- buy 2 get 15 AM (plus 3 targeted)
  • Danone yogurt $3.49 buy 3 get 20 AM (plus 4 targeted)
  • Apple pie for easter $5.49 -7 targeted AM
  • Whipped cream in a can (cause who doesn't NEED that?) $2.50 coupon on shelf for $1.00 and 5 Targeted AM
Noticed that the Quaker Rice Crackers have the same AM bonus until April 11th but there weren't any hubby likes ... we'll be buying more of those for sure before the sale is over! $7/4 get 10 AM

Anyone interested in basketball?
logo_playoffgetaway.png

Get home court advantage during your very own NBA Getaway!
We're giving away a trip for 1 lucky Collector and 3 friends to attend a first or second round game of your choice during the 2018 NBA Playoffs. Choose your squad, choose your city, and take your best shot at securing the win! All you have to do is complete and submit the contest entry form below by April 1, 2018.

Here's what's included in the prize:
  • Four (4) tickets to see a 2018 NBA Playoffs Round 1 or 2 game in 1 of 8 host cities.
  • Roundtrip economy airfare for four (4).
  • Two (2) nights' accommodation for four (4).
This is a no-cost contest, simply fill out your info and hit submit!

Enter to win a NBA Getaway

I'm in the same boat. Right now my plan is to save up for travel vouchers, and my Hubs and I are thinking of taking a 2 week tour of Greece through Air Transat next year for my 50th.

Hello, confused again! I just came back from Foodland since it was near my doctors. A new location for me, and another location where I feel like a criminal trying to maximize the airmiles collecting, sheesh. I bought 5 giftcards on one airmiles card, but they wouldn't let me use my husband's, only 5. And then they hemmed and hawed if Iwas allowed to use my credit card. Hello? And then wanted to see ID. Why? So I get the max 5 giftcards.

And then I get home, check my airmiles app on the phone, and lo and behold Iwas supposed to "opt in" to get the 150 airmiles for spending on a 150$ giftcard. What? Would Ihave gotten 300 for each 150$ giftcard since the offer was in the flyer too??? Did I miss out??? Was I really supposed to have it on my card too? This whole thing is confusing. I remember some Rexall offers you'd either get the flyer, or the opt-in coupon, not both (so why bother sending it to us?), is this another?

Did I miss something? What part of the country are you in. I don't remember a $150 for 150GC at Foodland in Ontario. I only got 4 the other week so I have time to get one with an opt in. Was this only on the app?

I just looked at the app and I think that is just the flyer offer. I don't think there's anything extra with loading the offer on the app?

Someone chime in if I'm wrong. I would be very happy to be wrong in this case:D

Hello, confused again! I just came back from Foodland since it was near my doctors. A new location for me, and another location where I feel like a criminal trying to maximize the airmiles collecting, sheesh. I bought 5 giftcards on one airmiles card, but they wouldn't let me use my husband's, only 5. And then they hemmed and hawed if Iwas allowed to use my credit card. Hello? And then wanted to see ID. Why? So I get the max 5 giftcards.

And then I get home, check my airmiles app on the phone, and lo and behold Iwas supposed to "opt in" to get the 150 airmiles for spending on a 150$ giftcard. What? Would Ihave gotten 300 for each 150$ giftcard since the offer was in the flyer too??? Did I miss out??? Was I really supposed to have it on my card too? This whole thing is confusing. I remember some Rexall offers you'd either get the flyer, or the opt-in coupon, not both (so why bother sending it to us?), is this another?
This is confusing to me as well! Why on earth can't you use a credit card? And honouring the limit in the flyer for the 5 cards, yeah that's fair game, but why couldn't you use both cards? I can understand them possibly wanting to see ID since gift cards are a fairly easy way to quickly get some money with a stolen credit card -- mine was compromised and the first thing that was bought was a $1,000 gift card thru an online hardware store. That could also be why they were a tad leery to selling you $1500 worth of gift cards but once you showed ID that matched, who cares if you want that much?

Now the "opting in" -- that's the first I've heard of that and since we don't have the AM App on either phone i can't look to see what's going on there. But if that's the case, i cry foul because that would mean i would lose 150 miles because i don't have the ability to opt in any other way, not on the foodland site, nor is it on the AM site.

There is a Foodland promotion going on this week in Ontario (I'm in Clarington/Durham) where you purchase a $150 Foodland gift card and get 150 air miles. The max is 5 gift cards per collector card. The Cashiers were completely WRONG telling you (Spootthecat) that you could not purchase another 5 on your husband's card. It's right there in the flyer. 5 per collector. I purchased 5 on my card but decided I have purchased enough gift cards between the Sobey's promo and Foodland, so didn't bother putting 5 more on my husband's.

You do not need to opt in. I'm not sure what app you are seeing this on but it's an open offer to everyone. Do the 150 air miles show on your receipt? They should. They did on mine. I purchased them Saturday afternoon.

By the way, I have a Foodland near me that treats me like a criminal for trying to collect my air miles. I hate that store. It's just a tiny bit closer to me but I stopped going there. I go to the one in Newcastle instead. The people there are so much friendlier.

I wonder if the AM on the Opt in offer on the app are "Bonus" in addition to the flyer offer. Kind of like a loaded offer at Rexall and being able to double dip.

Yup, it's in the Ontario flyer -- lots of discussion about people buying them a quick scan shows that you even chatted about it (sorta) :rolleyes1
https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...rt-on-page-555.3442770/page-557#post-58978363

Yes I picked up 4 Foodland GC last week. I was wondering if the offer in the app was something different from the flyer offer. Something like a loaded offer that would allow us to double dip (once). I have been losing my mind the last few weeks with a bad head cold, but that is done and I'm back to full blond craziness now.

Yes I picked up 4 Foodland GC last week. I was wondering if the offer in the app was something different from the flyer offer. Something like a loaded offer that would allow us to double dip (once). I have been losing my mind the last few weeks with a bad head cold, but that is done and I'm back to full blond craziness now.
Well what do i get to say since I'm not blond?! I can only rack it up to utter exhaustion from pitiful sleep patterns. NOW, if this is a case of only being able to opt in thru the APP i will not be terribly happy ... don't have the ability to do that so i lose out on miles. If it is a targeted offer for Rexall, Metro and the other Sobeys/Foodland I can also do those thru the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter