Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Finally got my 100 Airmiles for the Subway Link deal!
Yeah!

Hello Melanie,

Thanks for submitting your missing AIR MILES® Reward Miles inquiry.

I’m happy to confirm that 100 Miles have now been posted to your collector account. The transaction will appear in your transaction history as a posting from 'Missing Miles offer code' and the date will be February 25.​

Hugs Mel

Thanks @mkmommy for the MPC information. I've downloaded it and it is ready for my flight to FLL preclearance in April. :rotfl:And I've passed the information along to DS and DD. They are flying to Hawaii in March. There is a short connection time, so, maybe with this they will be sent to the head of the line, and not miss their flight!

We're actually staying until the 10th!
images

Look Out Mort1331 ....
Hugs Mel

OMG, I want to know when you put the camera in my house Mel?!?! I've just about finished up with the packing now. Large check-in bag is full-ish just waiting to be zipped up once the toilet-treat bags are added (our youngest thought that's what we were saying when she was little - toiletry bag = the bag of treats you need for the bathroom when on holidays cause you got new toothbrushes, little toothpaste tubes ... TREATS!) Can I just say that packing cubes are awesome and compression cubes are GAME CHANGING!!! We always have trouble zipping that thing up but now it's got tons of space left for whatever we buy to bring home :P

I can't possibly express how much I love my hubby and how much he cares for and about me. Remember the 2 pairs of shoes I found and was trying to decide on? He came up behind me with a pair of scissors, cut the tags off of both of them and said "decision made" When I was doing the online check-in for our flights he was still snoozing but when he got up I told him that we should have waited before paying for the seat selection because it's "only" an extra $90 to upgrade to Premium Economy. He tossed his AMEX at me with a massive grin "Revenge travelling is fun" while he wandered into the kitchen to get his coffee.

I AM SO BLESSED!

Had a phone call from one of the culinary team at POFQ and he is sourcing a ton of safe food for me, I can't wait to get there!

Hope you have a wonderful vacation!! 🥰

Jacqueline I am so happy
you got a call from P.O.F.Q re your dietary needs.
View attachment 742296
Enjoy
Hugs Mel
Dang i wish I was still at home so I could print that! I'll have to mail them a thank you package
Here's the first part of our airmiles redemptions
Absolutely gorgeous king room at the Sheraton gateway inside Pearson
20230225_181947.jpg20230225_182423.jpg

Our onyx airmiles collectors that didn't make onyx this year received these offers below. Not sure which one we will go with, I doubt we will make onyx again.

View attachment 742283
I received that on the two cards that didn't make ONYX. I opted for the 100AM as most of the ONYX benefits aren't needed on those accounts anyway. Other than the shorter wait time when I call Airmiles I don't think I've used any of the benefits in a long time. I plan on winding down those two accounts as soon as I can use up the AM they have and that will be on hotel rooms (not flights or merchandise).

I've still got ONYX attached to my account if needed for something.

I received that on the two cards that didn't make ONYX. I opted for the 100AM as most of the ONYX benefits aren't needed on those accounts anyway. Other than the shorter wait time when I call Airmiles I don't think I've used any of the benefits in a long time. I plan on winding down those two accounts as soon as I can use up the AM they have and that will be on hotel rooms (not flights or merchandise).

I've still got ONYX attached to my account if needed for something.

In our case these accounts have a fair number of dream miles and I'm not sure what I'm spending them on yet, otherwise I'd go for the 100 airmiles for sure. They won't be making onyx next year anyway so for me it's a push to get organized.

So excited for you Jacqueline. Hope your travel day goes smoothly.

45 days for us, finally. This is only the 6th time this trip has been rebooked since April 2020, so I know I will have a lot of anxiety as well leading up to the final days!

As for AM, no grocery stores here to collect on. Just shell and my BMO MC. And airmiles shops, but not shopping much lately since everything is so friggin expensive. Plus I don't need anything! Concentrating on PC points for now!

We've had a really rough start to the trip, hoping things pick up soon NEVER flying with Air Canada again 💩💩💩 only good thing was the actual seats and the movie we chose to watch was great. Transportation from the airport was A-MAZ-ING! We used Cast and Crew and we'll never use anything else don't care how much it cost (105 each direction I think 🤔) he met us at the elevator and they are able to use the special vip area of the airport for picking up! I've already had one great meal but that's about the only really decent part of the resort so far. Didn't get any of our room requests met (I know they're only that!) but we're hoping we can change rooms eventually. Urgh one last complaint, this room only has a beverage cooler that doesn't go below 41° which isn't good enough for actual food storage 😢

here's hoping things pick up soon

So excited for you Jacqueline. Hope your travel day goes smoothly.

45 days for us, finally. This is only the 6th time this trip has been rebooked since April 2020, so I know I will have a lot of anxiety as well leading up to the final days!

As for AM, no grocery stores here to collect on. Just shell and my BMO MC. And airmiles shops, but not shopping much lately since everything is so friggin expensive. Plus I don't need anything! Concentrating on PC points for now!
Oh my goodness that is a lot of rebooking, Fingers and toes crossed ,,this one is going to happen!
Hugs Mel

We've had a really rough start to the trip, hoping things pick up soon NEVER flying with Air Canada again 💩💩💩 only good thing was the actual seats and the movie we chose to watch was great. Transportation from the airport was A-MAZ-ING! We used Cast and Crew and we'll never use anything else don't care how much it cost (105 each direction I think 🤔) he met us at the elevator and they are able to use the special vip area of the airport for picking up! I've already had one great meal but that's about the only really decent part of the resort so far. Didn't get any of our room requests met (I know they're only that!) but we're hoping we can change rooms eventually. Urgh one last complaint, this room only has a beverage cooler that doesn't go below 41° which isn't good enough for actual food storage 😢

Hi Hon
YEAH you made it!!!!!:sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:
Can you go to main desk and explain that for *Medical* reasons you have to have a proper refrigerator?
Do not call as sometimes it goes to an off site person.
Hope things improve.
Hugs Mel

Jacqueline, you know Air Canada's motto "We're not happy till you're not happy!"

Sorry the flight didn't go well. You're there now. Enjoy your time in the warmth and sunshine. Think of us freezing here back home (not). Focus on your vacation.

I can honestly say that Air Canada is no worse than any of the others. They all have problems and the problems are worse over the last couple of years. Basically, if your flight is even close to on time and the staff are even remotely pleasant it's a win.

Have a great vacay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter