Airmiles Shop -- Contact AM NOW to get any missing miles

Tiny dance of joy over here this morning! I picked up a $25 e-card thru Indigo at midnight on Tuesday (yup email is stamped exactly 12:00 am) card arrived around noon Wednesday and the mile posted this morning, making that my confirmed 3rd transaction.

Okay, so as long as we enter the portal to Indigo, we can buy a gift card and it COUNTS?

Okay, so as long as we enter the portal to Indigo, we can buy a gift card and it COUNTS?
YES .. I've confirmed it thru many sources: Facebook, reading almost every single store on the portal to see the exact wording that excludes gift cards and then just taking the leap myself! It doesn't appear on the Indigo site so it is included! It shows up when you click on the store info button. The only other store that seems to be missing this is Ardene BTW so i'm *guessing* they would count as well
This is on sites that gift cards are excluded:
upload_2018-8-29_14-13-8.png
And THIS is all that shows on the Indigo site

upload_2018-8-29_14-12-8.png

The fine print involving the promo states:
This offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases.

I had read other reports of people earning miles for Indigo GC and then one of our new posters @accm let us know that E-CARDS work as well and since i don't trust our letter carrier to get our mail here (see my comment about Groupon above!!) i jumped all over this method instead :D

Anyone get the email from Air Miles saying you are a few shops away from 1000 Air Miles and want to send them a reply saying that if their portal worked correctly you'd actually not be a few shops away?

Yup, and this after I had a lengthy chat telling the poor rep that their program sucks and they need to get it together or I'll be shopping through other portals. She said they were looking at making it "instant" and she felt bad that with all the technology around today they couldn't be more prompt. But not to worry, they'd make sure I get the AM, after the 60 days of course. I also complained they still don't have a new way of booking trips online, she said that is "coming soon".

On a better note? my old navy from Saturday posted, 2 AM. Now if only the other 3 would post!

Yup, and this after I had a lengthy chat telling the poor rep that their program sucks and they need to get it together or I'll be shopping through other portals. She said they were looking at making it "instant" and she felt bad that with all the technology around today they couldn't be more prompt. But not to worry, they'd make sure I get the AM, after the 60 days of course. I also complained they still don't have a new way of booking trips online, she said that is "coming soon".

On a better note? my old navy from Saturday posted, 2 AM. Now if only the other 3 would post!

Air Miles chat told me the same thing about making it "instant". I'm going to make an Old Navy purchase but not remove anything from the packaging until my Old Navy posts. If it doesn't post, then back it goes.

Air Miles chat told me the same thing about making it "instant". I'm going to make an Old Navy purchase but not remove anything from the packaging until my Old Navy posts. If it doesn't post, then back it goes.
Good call.

I just ordered something from The Bay through airmiles shops so that's 3 down 2 to go. I have an extra posting as AMAZON? Unless that's the e-gift card I bought my MIL on Sunday? I didn't think gift cards or e-gift cards counted? So far I have :
1. Amazon (drawing stuff) August 8 - Posted
2. Staples (drawing stuff) August 8 - NOT Posted
3. The Bay(niece's birthday gift) August 29 - Posted
4. Indigo (made DD use her giftcards to buy some French books)
Still need to order stuff from oldnavy/ gap so that will be my 5.

DH needs glasses now too, any experience ordering the Optiks International Groupon and using it for glasses? he's had his ex am and I got him contacts but DR says glasses too! We have an Optiks store near by. My sister has used the store, and like them, it more about the groupon I was asking about. I've never used one but $21.50 for $175 off glasses just seem too good to be true?

Last edited:
I just ordered something from The Bay through airmiles shops so that's 3 down 2 to go. I have an extra posting as AMAZON? Unless that's the e-gift card I bought my MIL on Sunday? I didn't think gift cards or e-gift cards counted? So far I have :
Still need to order stuff from Chapters/ indigo and oldnavy/ gap so that will be my 5.

DH needs glasses now too, any experience ordering the Optiks International Groupon and using it for glasses? he's had his ex am and I got him contacts but DR says glasses too! We have an Optiks store near by. My sister has used the store, and like them, it more about the groupon I was asking about. I've never used one but $21.50 for $175 off glasses just seem too good to be true?

Groupon has a 25% off promo code that ends today, code FF25.

Some of us are having issues with Indigo not posting at all. Keep all of your receipts! So far on my account, purchases for both old navy and chapters haven't posted which is super rare for these partners. DH's old navy and staples purchases haven't posted yet either.

My Indigo didn't post so I returned the items. I am still waiting for my Apple to post. Anyone order from Apple and not have their airmile(s) post?

Groupon has a 25% off promo code that ends today, code FF25.
Thanks. How does groupon work? Is it a voucher emailed to you that you use in store? Or is it mailed via snail mail? I've never used a Groupon before so this is all new.

My Rona order appears as an in-store purchase (with Rona giving the miles, instead of airmilesshops), even though I made sure to stay on 1 page when ordering. I chatted with airmiles, and they say the fact that I picked up the items in store should not stop me from qualifying for the promotion, but it bugs me it doesn't appear under airmilesshops. And my Staples order, also picked up in store, does not appear, even though it's been 2 weeks.

I found that the Store AM post first and then the airmilesshops.ca often post the next day.

I purchased a $25 GC (physical card) and it worked for me.

Thanks. How does groupon work? Is it a voucher emailed to you that you use in store? Or is it mailed via snail mail? I've never used a Groupon before so this is all new.

Log into air miles shops, it is listed there. Earn 1 air mile for every $20.00. You have to create an account to purchase the Groupons. Discounted activities, food, travel etc.

Still need to order stuff from Chapters/ indigo and oldnavy/ gap so that will be my 5.

I only need 1 pair so I may as well just do the Pearle Vision one as it $200 of any pair of glasses

What baffles me is how come Etsy is posting base miles when I log in under my husband's air miles and shop. But nothing under my air miles account. In fact, I think a couple Etsy purchases I made under MY air miles card were posted on his account. I double-checked all the screen shots and I definately typed in MY number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter