Airplane games for toddler that loves cars

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
My 2 year old loves cars and trucks so I plan to take them on the plane so he can play with some. Last trip (he was only 20 months) his toys just kept falling off the tray table and I know his cars will do the same so I’m trying to think smarter. Does anyone have any car related toys that are great for playing with in your lap/tray table? Google is failing me with trying to find the correct search term for what I’m imagining or else it just doesn’t exist.

We just have our toddler learning games on his tablet. That seemed to work best of the options we brought for him.

Honestly I just downloaded a movie from Disney plus and let my toddler use my tablet. She was perfectly happy even with the sound off.

I will say, Melissa and Doug makes this smallish garage/car wash that's wooden, and we made room in a carry on for it, and it was worth its weight in gold on our trip. Our son didn't use it on the plane for reasons you mentioned but it was perfect for the hotel and the cruise ship. It has a ramp and lift and movable car wash so there's several moving pieces to entertain.

We didn't bring any cars on the trip because I also didn't want to deal with them falling off the tray table. We downloaded Labo Brick Car on his iPad, and some of the Sago Mini games. He was 3 when we flew though, so those games might be above your son's age range.

I second the suggestion for the Melissa and Doug sticker set. My son loved sticking them on the window and taking them off, repeat ad nauseum.

We just have our toddler learning games on his tablet. That seemed to work best of the options we brought for him.

Honestly I just downloaded a movie from Disney plus and let my toddler use my tablet. She was perfectly happy even with the sound off.

He isn’t quite into tablets yet. I’m prepared to have a few blippi and roadster racer shows downloaded since he likes those at home on the TV but he’s never taken to them on a tablet or phone when we’ve been in the car etc.

My kid won't watch a tablet, either. We just did a 9.5 hour flight from Spain and had to entertain the entire time :rolleyes2

I don't have much advice, though. We brought all the quiet activities that wouldn't fall on the ground I could find (LED tablet to draw on, dry erase book of activities with washable dry erase crayons, melissa and doug water books, pipe cleaners, loads of unique snacks, etc) and just powered through. I hid the cars/trucks/trains because I knew they'd fall and become a problem.

Not really an answer to your question, but we picked up a cookie sheet with sides, at the Dollar Store. It fit perfectly on the tray table and the sides kept all the cars on the pan. We glued magnets in the bottom of some plastic “little peoples” for him to play with on the pan as well.

Not really an answer to your question, but we picked up a cookie sheet with sides, at the Dollar Store. It fit perfectly on the tray table and the sides kept all the cars on the pan. We glued magnets in the bottom of some plastic “little peoples” for him to play with on the pan as well.
our daughter used this idea on a car trip as well.

This says ages 3-99, so if he's an older 2 and you're supervising, you might find it OK -

51kS8cFk8YL._AC_.jpg
Amazon Link

Reporting back, it was brutal. Nothing made this kid happy on our flight down. Stickers had 0 interest to him, nor did any other toy or snack I brought. He colored for 15 minutes. I’m not sure how we’re flying home with our sanity.

Reporting back, it was brutal. Nothing made this kid happy on our flight down. Stickers had 0 interest to him, nor did any other toy or snack I brought. He colored for 15 minutes. I’m not sure how we’re flying home with our sanity.
Ooof, I'm sorry. It's so hard when they're little and you can't explain things/reason with them. I'm very much looking forward to the day when my son can entertain himself with an iPad/Switch for an entire cross-country flight, haha.

I am so sorry. As a parent, you can only do so much. I hope the trip home is easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter