AKL 3/4 July!! Please help!!

grahamgallagher

Mouseketeer
We are looking to stay at AKL on the 3rd and 4th July, its our daughters birthday. Can anyone suggest any floors that have particular good views of the Savanah, as we are looking to book a Savanah view room.

We have 2 children, 1 daughter 10 and 1 son aged 3. Also, can anyone recommend a restaurant in AKL for my daughters birthday dinner, can I organise any thing special before we arrive?

On the 4th July, will their any special shows or firework displays. Are there any fireworks at AKL? (Might frighten the animals??)

I am also confused regarding the passes, can anyone explain them to me?

Thank you in advance,

Graham

We just returned from the AKL for 7 nights and we loved it!! They will not have any fireworks at the lodge because of the animals, but you can check the parks for some. we stayed in room 3527, savannah view with 1 queen and a bunk bed. the view was awesome. It is on Arusha savannah Zebra trail i believe. The farther you go away from the lobby the better view, but longer walk to the room. We were about 1/2 way the the pool was close by. The food court is open for all meals but it is just a food court. It was nice to get pizza and eat by the pool for lunch 1 day. Jiko is a more formal dinner and Boma is a buffet that serves breakfast and dinner. We loved the breakfast and I loved the dinner but the food was spicey.
My kids loved the pool.
Let me know if you have any questions.

For room request 3rd or 4th floor Arusha Savannah, Zebra Trail. Best rooms in the Lodge. For the birthday dinner I recommend Boma, great for kids that age, with plenty of wonderful food and variety. Make sure you let the staff know of the special occasion. No fireworks around the animals. Which passes are you asking about?

We were at Disney World last summer during the 4th of July, and it was fabulous! I wish we were going again this summer. For your daughter's birthday, I would suggest going to Cinderella's Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom instead of trying to eat at AKL. That's where I chose to have my 50th birthday dinner and it was magical. They sprinkle your table with confetti and little Happy Birthday signs and the birthday person gets a special dessert. They sat me at a window table and the fireworks went off during our dinner! For my daughter's 13 birthday, she chose to go to the Hoop De Doo review. That was fun because they make a big deal about people celebrating a birthday and it was a fun "event" evening.

Each park will have a special fireworks show for the 4th of July. We chose to go to the MK because they have fireworks all around the perimeter of the park. It feels like circle vision. It was the best fireworks show I have ever seen. We had dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern in Liberty Square. By the time we finished, there was just about 20 minutes until time for the fireworks. We found a comfortable spot to watch the fireworks right there in Liberty Square. It wasn't crowded there at all. Many cast members had warned us that MK would be EXTREMELY crowded. I guess most people were gathered on Main Street. We did get there before 5:00 though because we had been warned that they would close the park when it reached capacity.

Good Luck! You will have an amazing time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter