AKL Jambo Room Request Help

1stTimeDisneyer

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. My husband and I are taking our first trip as DVC owners in May. We have opted for 4 nights at AKL in Jambo. We are doing a slit stay to save a few points. Our first two night are in a regular Studio and our last two are in a Savannah view studio. I would really like some feed back on what areas or rooms to ask for. We have never stayed at AKL so this is all very new to us.

Thanks for your help!

I'm no expert, but we just stayed in Jambo in a studio. I requested near lobby and ended up in 5112. We had a savannah view even though we were originally in a value room. So woohoo!

All Jambo DVC rooms are on the 5th floor is my understanding. So near the lobby is my vote, since that's going to be close to the "action":)

I think it depends upon what you like.

Do you want to be closer to the pool?
Do you mind a bit of a walk from the elevator to your room?
I don't mind because the rooms farther from the elevator are typically quieter with less people walking by while they are talking.

So think about what you are going to want most - short walk, quiet stay, easy access to food court or pool, etc..... then request something that meets your requests.

What one person likes another might find a disadvantage....

Hope this helps :)

Diana

We always keep our room requests vague when we stay here. I just alway note on the reservation request room close to lobby and elevators. Feel like being close to lobby conveniently locates you to all the main areas.

We requested Arusha & close to lobby last week (we had a savannah studio) and they gave us Arusha before being close to the lobby. We had one of the last rooms down kudu and it was quite the hike..! The one other time we stayed it was the same. :(

In the end I wished we had swapped to a different room... There was no action on Arusha the week we were there and the trees really block the view. Sunset would have been better for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter