AKV CL PTR/TR - taking practically first timers -TR starts on P. 17 (completed)

Hi Pam

I'm joining in and hopefully will be better at keeping up then I was with your cruise TR!

Looking forward to hearing all the plans.

Tanz :)

Hi Tanz! Glad you came over :) No worries, you can always read it if you want, I posted links to each update on the first page.

How is the job hunt going? I hope you were able to find something.

this is my favorite line....
"I will not be letting R & M go off on their own, they are almost always tardy to family functions and will not risk them missing the pick-up. "

Welcome, thanks for joining :)

I see you're OKW owners, I'll be heading there in December, looking forward to it. I've heard a lot of wonderful things.

We've been OKW owners for a loooong time and have stayed there over 30 times. We love it, and no other DVC resort even came close - until we stayed at Kidani. We love it, too!

Your plans look great. I always wanted to go to WDW the week after Labor Day. I think it has to be the lowest crowd week for the whole year. Congrats on the CL booking. That's awesome. Love Boma for breakfast!

Your plans look great. I always wanted to go to WDW the week after Labor Day. I think it has to be the lowest crowd week for the whole year. Congrats on the CL booking. That's awesome. Love Boma for breakfast!

Would you believe I had no idea it was Labor Day until I booked it and it suddenly hit me. I almost thought of pushing it back a day because I was worried flights would be outrageous. But after a little research found that it shouldn't be bad and thankfully it wasn't. Only $88 each way which I was happy to get. I'm really hoping for low crowds, it would make things much smoother. The only kink that I hadnt thought of is that it will probably be muggy. Hopefully it won't be too bad. Should probably do a bit more research on the weather.

Plans sound great! If you have a park hopper, you can always get up early and hit the EMH park and have them call when they are ready to go. That way you can make sure you don't miss anything you want to see.

DH would never make the AM; I always packed up the kids and met him somewhere. Became much easier once I had a cellphone!;)

Would you believe I had no idea it was Labor Day until I booked it and it suddenly hit me. I almost thought of pushing it back a day because I was worried flights would be outrageous. But after a little research found that it shouldn't be bad and thankfully it wasn't. Only $88 each way which I was happy to get. I'm really hoping for low crowds, it would make things much smoother. The only kink that I hadnt thought of is that it will probably be muggy. Hopefully it won't be too bad. Should probably do a bit more research on the weather.

We went the week after Labor Day two years ago - the second week of September. There were NO crowds, but it was terribly hot. I'd do it again though.

Plans sound great! If you have a park hopper, you can always get up early and hit the EMH park and have them call when they are ready to go. That way you can make sure you don't miss anything you want to see.

DH would never make the AM; I always packed up the kids and met him somewhere. Became much easier once I had a cellphone!;)

Mom and I have APs since I knew we were doing multiple trips this year. That is definitely an option, but can I wake up early enough is the question :rolleyes1

We went the week after Labor Day two years ago - the second week of September. There were NO crowds, but it was terribly hot. I'd do it again though.

Terribly hot is much worse than muggy, that is a tad worrisome. I went once in June and that was scorching. Low crowds might make it worth it, I love low crowds. Late January was such low crowds almost everything was a walk on, and that was so wonderful.

Well, you obviously don't have school age kids or you would know exactly when Labor Day is. My kids always went back to school after Labor Day. There was never any childcare/camp/ect the week before so we started taking vacation then. I love that week. I have been to WDW a bunch of times pre Labor Day week and it can be really, stinking hot or it can be regular summer temps - mid 80's and decent humidity. The trade off is you won't have any crowds. And - there shouldn't be a single school age kid in the park. :rotfl: Great price on the flights!

Well, you obviously don't have school age kids or you would know exactly when Labor Day is. My kids always went back to school after Labor Day. There was never any childcare/camp/ect the week before so we started taking vacation then. I love that week. I have been to WDW a bunch of times pre Labor Day week and it can be really, stinking hot or it can be regular summer temps - mid 80's and decent humidity. The trade off is you won't have any crowds. And - there shouldn't be a single school age kid in the park. :rotfl: Great price on the flights!

You are quite right, no kids yet. Hopefully I won't have any that don't share my love for Disney, then I'll be in trouble! Oh that's really nice to hear about the low crowds. I'll keep my fingers crossed for mid 80s, that would be really nice.

Can I ask how you get your links to just say the name of your TR. I would love to change mine over to be like that.

You are quite right, no kids yet. Hopefully I won't have any that don't share my love for Disney, then I'll be in trouble! Oh that's really nice to hear about the low crowds. I'll keep my fingers crossed for mid 80s, that would be really nice.

Can I ask how you get your links to just say the name of your TR. I would love to change mine over to be like that.

Higlight the name of your tr and click on the button that looks like the globe with a figure 8 in front of it... Place the URL on the pop up box and there you go, that link is now associated with your TR name..

Higlight the name of your tr and click on the button that looks like the globe with a figure 8 in front of it... Place the URL on the pop up box and there you go, that link is now associated with your TR name..

Thank you Brandi! I like the look of that much better. :cool1:

I hope everyone had a great Monday. I know I didn't sound very enthusiastic about this trip, but it could not come fast enough. Work has been very stressful and I am so looking forward to getting away and relaxing.

I had dinner with R & M the other night, and they are getting very excited. I gave them the run down of the schedule and made sure they knew that whenever they didn't like how the day was going they would be free to head off on their own. This didn't go over well. They are trusting me to show them a good time and will stick with mom and I and do whatever I plan on doing. I'll be curious how long this lasts. I'm just glad they're really looking forward to this. Who knows, it could be a great bonding experience for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter