AKV CL PTR/TR - taking practically first timers -TR starts on P. 17 (completed)

We are staying AKV - Jambo - CL for the first time at the end of September
(Can hardly believe we scored CL) and then to OKW.
We will be waiting to see what you have to say about it when you return.
Hope using the extra points for CL is worth it - we will soon findout.
We do love Boma. We also like Ohana - have you been there for dinner ?
The food is great !

Oh yes, the extra points are worth it, CL is fabulous. It is so nice to have breakfast available without having to go to a restaurant or piece meal something in the room. Along with all the rest of the goodies during the day. The African Smoothie is one of my favorite things they have, so delicious.

The only time I've been to Ohana was for breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, enjoyed that very much. I've heard people love dinner but it's mainly meat so I doubt I'll ever get over for it.

I see you got your TR links all changed over. :thumbsup2 Nice! It took me forever to figure that out, too. And I finally figured out how to do my update links the right way, although its a PITA! :rotfl:

Oh yes, the extra points are worth it, CL is fabulous. It is so nice to have breakfast available without having to go to a restaurant or piece meal something in the room. Along with all the rest of the goodies during the day. The African Smoothie is one of my favorite things they have, so delicious.

The only time I've been to Ohana was for breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, enjoyed that very much. I've heard people love dinner but it's mainly meat so I doubt I'll ever get over for it.

Good to hear that the extra points for CL are worth it - is the African Smoothie offered all day ? It will be great having a breakfast available at CL and not having to go out to a breakfast and not having to put something together for a breakfast. That will save a lot of am time.
Ohana for dinner is great - yes there is unlimited steak, pork, chicken and shrimp, but our adult children are vegetarian and vegan and they were made specail meals - fab ! They did enjoy the bread, salad, vegetables, and the noodles. The dipping sauces were great, too. Can you tell it is our new fav ?
http://allears.net/menu/menu_oh.htm

I see you got your TR links all changed over. :thumbsup2 Nice! It took me forever to figure that out, too. And I finally figured out how to do my update links the right way, although its a PITA! :rotfl:

Oh no, I didn't even think about the update links. Do you do it the same way?

Good to hear that the extra points for CL are worth it - is the African Smoothie offered all day ? It will be great having a breakfast available at CL and not having to go out to a breakfast and not having to put something together for a breakfast. That will save a lot of am time.

They change the offerings some days, but mostly it was there all day. Sometimes they put it out after breakfast which annoyed me because it was a perfect breakfast item in my opinion. They also have fruit juices, milk, and sodas available all day. They put the beer out sometime in the afternoon, and the wine and cordials later in the evening. They break up the day in five sections all with different food items. The espresso machine is always out. The CL is such a nice perk. I'll always book it in the future as long as its available.

Thanks for the Ohana info, I'll go check out the menu.

The tentative plans look great! :thumbsup2

I'm glad that R&M are looking forward to the trip.

I'll got back and read your cruise report when I have a bit more time. The job search is still going strong thanks...had an interview last week but was not successful :(

I've learnt from it though and will move onto the next one...can't wait until the day I can finally say I have a permanent job!

Do you still plan to visit Harry Potter sometime soon?

Tanz :)

I hope everyone had a great Monday. I know I didn't sound very enthusiastic about this trip, but it could not come fast enough. Work has been very stressful and I am so looking forward to getting away and relaxing.

I had dinner with R & M the other night, and they are getting very excited. I gave them the run down of the schedule and made sure they knew that whenever they didn't like how the day was going they would be free to head off on their own. This didn't go over well. They are trusting me to show them a good time and will stick with mom and I and do whatever I plan on doing. I'll be curious how long this lasts. I'm just glad they're really looking forward to this. Who knows, it could be a great bonding experience for everyone.

Time will fly and before you know it, it will be time to pack. I am glad that your family is looking forward to the trip and that they are open to go along with your plans.

Corinna

They change the offerings some days, but mostly it was there all day. Sometimes they put it out after breakfast which annoyed me because it was a perfect breakfast item in my opinion. They also have fruit juices, milk, and sodas available all day. They put the beer out sometime in the afternoon, and the wine and cordials later in the evening. They break up the day in five sections all with different food items. The espresso machine is always out. The CL is such a nice perk. I'll always book it in the future as long as its available.

Thanks for the Ohana info, I'll go check out the menu.

If you're looking for beer and can't find it, they now keep it in the back instead of the fridge/cooler. I guess they had problems with underage kids taking it, so now you have to ask for it at the door close to where they keep the Jungle Juice, lemonade, etc. They also open it for you. :goodvibes

Oh, and we got a nice little surprise in the room when we checked in last month. Hopefully, they'll keep doing that for DVC members staying on points!

If you're looking for beer and can't find it, they now keep it in the back instead of the fridge/cooler. I guess they had problems with underage kids taking it, so now you have to ask for it at the door close to where they keep the Jungle Juice, lemonade, etc. They also open it for you. :goodvibes

Oh, and we got a nice little surprise in the room when we checked in last month. Hopefully, they'll keep doing that for DVC members staying on points!

Thanks so much for this info. R loves his beer and he's very excited to be saving $s with it being in the CL. If we got there and couldn't find it I know he'd be disappointed. I know we would ask about it but this stops any confusion.

I love surprises :) I hope they continue, that would be such a treat.

The tentative plans look great! :thumbsup2

I'm glad that R&M are looking forward to the trip.

I'll got back and read your cruise report when I have a bit more time. The job search is still going strong thanks...had an interview last week but was not successful :(

I've learnt from it though and will move onto the next one...can't wait until the day I can finally say I have a permanent job!

Do you still plan to visit Harry Potter sometime soon?

Tanz :)

I'm sorry you're still on the hunt. It is such a frustrating ordeal to go through. I'm glad you're able to stay positive, that is a big help.

Oh yes, definitely still planning on visiting Harry Potter. If I don't get over to see the sets I'll regret it forever. The problem is I have to wait until my work schedule opens up. Technically I'm still in the training phase and can't request how I'd like my schedule to be. I work four ten hour days, and right now they're not putting all four days in a row which is a pain. The only reason I'm able to go in September is because I had it booked before I was hired.

Every day I'm getting more excited about this trip. I mean, why not be excited. I'll be at my favorite resort of all time, CL no less, and for eight days. I can not let the potential drama weigh me down. And who knows, there may be no drama. I bought us all matching 'We're Going to Disney' shirts yesterday since the online store has 25% off everything. I may have bought some other things as well :rolleyes1 The discount was a perfect excuse for me to buy some things I've been eyeing for a while.

So must do's at Hollywood Studios:

Tower of Terror, no doubt about it. M has reservations about this, is terrified of falling. I explained the mechanics of the ride and she seems to be pacified for now. I'll try to get on this a second time, but we'll see how the group feels.

Rockin' Roller Coaster, an absolute must. Maybe numerous rides if the line isn't too bad. I know everyone will love this.

Toy Story Mania, of course. I'm thinking we might have to wait for EMHs for this one, since we won't be getting to HS in the morning. But I also don't know if everyone will be doing the same thing during EMHs. We'll play this by ear.

Backlot Tour, I know they'll enjoy this, and probably be happy to sit down for a while. On one of M's trips, might have been her only trip but I'm not sure, they did this and she was just terrified of the canyon scene. Must lay to rest these fears. Nobody should be afraid at Disney.

Lights, Motor, Action, yes on the list. I'll have to be careful and check the times right when we get in and perhaps plan the day around this. I know they'll really like it. I'm trying to factor in as many sitting things because I know they'll need it.

Muppet 3D, absolutely. Love this show. For anybody who hasn't checked, they really did leave the key under the mat. Hopefully I'll remember to take a picture for you.

Star Tours, another absolutely. I will probably sit a second or third ride out. I got very uncomfortable doing back to back rides in December and do not want a repeat of that sensation. M is not a sci-fi lover, but we will force her to do this.

Indiana Jones, not my favorite any more, but I know R & M will enjoy this. And provide a much needed rest by this point.

The Great Movie Ride, will try to hit this when the line is short. Perhaps during EMH's. My favorite is the Alien scene, it's so wonderfully scary waiting for the alien to come out of the ceiling!

Whenever we're walking past the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area we'll walk through it, R has great memories of this from prior trips.

We will only do Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid shows if time permits. I think we're looking at a pretty full day, but if the lines are short we may have extra time on our hands.

At some point before it closes I'd like to stop in at Starring Rolls and get some goodies. We might have lunch there, but if not I'll still need to stop by. I'm going to give R & M a choice about lunch. We can either eat at the Mara when we get to the hotel, have some snakcs in the CL and/or have lunch somewhere in HS. It all depends on how hungry everybody is. If everyone is tided over by snacks we can get to HS faster. I don't want grumps on my hands, so if they're dying of starvation we'll have to get something at the resort.

Sounds like a great plan!

If Fantasmic is showing and you don't go to see it, that's a good time to hit up the rides for shorter waits.

When we were at the Alien scene in May, I felt a burning on my scalp. Bits of dry ice came down with the mist! The lady in front of me got it, too. I was glad I wasn't looking up!

Have you ever tried the Animation Academy at Hollywood Studio?

We didn't discover it until a few trips in, and it's a great way to have some fun while cooling off in the AC. The drawings also make really nice souvenirs!

Sounds like a great plan!

If Fantasmic is showing and you don't go to see it, that's a good time to hit up the rides for shorter waits.

When we were at the Alien scene in May, I felt a burning on my scalp. Bits of dry ice came down with the mist! The lady in front of me got it, too. I was glad I wasn't looking up!

I havnt checked if Fantasmic is showing, since I didn't plan on taking them, but that's a good idea. Much shorter lines when it's going on.

Ooohhh! That sounds delightfully scary! For a couple trips they didn't have the alien coming out of the ceiling which was such a disappointment. It was there in December and still there in May for you so it looks promising.

Have you ever tried the Animation Academy at Hollywood Studio?

We didn't discover it until a few trips in, and it's a great way to have some fun while cooling off in the AC. The drawings also make really nice souvenirs!

I've read someone's TRs who always does it every trip, but I just can't picture where you go to draw after the Mushu video :confused3 none of us are very artistic so don't know if we'd enjoy it. What do you think? I really do want to factor in as many relaxing activities.

Time will fly and before you know it, it will be time to pack. I am glad that your family is looking forward to the trip and that they are open to go along with your plans.

Corinna

I hope so, if I don't look at the count down its better. :) patience is not my strong suit sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter