AKV - Kidani Village Units Declared*UPDATED 1/26 - Post#130*

After experiencing increasing point sales for four consecutive months, AKV saw a decline in April 2011. It sold 33,773 points for the month, which was 23,677 points less than the previous month. Coincidently, SSR's monthly point sales increased by 23,911 points, almost the same amount as the decline at AKV. Perhaps that should not be surprising since SSR's base price is less than AKV's price even after current incentives are considered.

As of April 2011, DVD has declared 70.34% of AKV for the DVC inventory and has sold about 62% of its points. AKV had about 590,000 points that have been declared but unsold. Given the current rate of sales, I estimate there is little need for DVD to declare more AKV Units for the DVC inventory at this time.

I am curious if DVD's marketing strategy for AKV changes when BLT reaches its "sold out" phase later this year. In April, BLT outsold AKV by about a four-to-one margin and SSR outsold AKV by almost a two-to-one margin. Once BLT points become scarce on the direct sale market, DVD may be expecting buyers to shift their money to AKV.

More information about monthly sales at the DVC resorts is available at http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/1570-april-2011-dvc-sales-analysis

0001f3.jpg

The ups and downs on AKV monthly sales continued for the month of June 2011. AKV direct sales improved in June 2011 from 19,348 points the previous month to 29,843 points, which is slightly above the monthly average for the past 12 months.

DVD has sold 4,665,108 points for AKV, which represents about 63% of AKV's 7.4 million points. However, that number does not reflect points that have been reacquired by DVD through foreclosures, ROFR, and other buybacks. Although the exact number of reacquired AKV points is unknown, it appears to be much larger than at BLT and might account for 2 or 3% of total sales. Of the 212 AKV Units from which DVD has sold points, 58 Units have had more than 100% of their allotted points sold. By comparison, only 23 of BLT's 212 Units have had more than 100% of their points sold.

DVD has declared 70.34% of AKV for the DVC inventory and the last declaration was made on February 23, 2011. Surprisingly, DVD has yet to use any of the Units from the last declaration to support sales. At BLT, a Unit or two from a new declaration seems to get tapped right away. Given the current rate of sales, there is little need for DVD to declare more AKV Units for the DVC inventory at this time.

0001gj.jpg

In July 2011, perhaps due to a slow down in sales at Bay Lake Tower, AKV sales were up to 48,55 points, an increase of almost 63% from the previous month. It was the third best total in monthly sales for AKV in the past year.

DVD has sold about 63.7% of AKV's 7.4 million points. However, that number does not reflect points that have been reacquired by DVD through foreclosures, ROFR, and other buybacks. I am compiling data on AKV deeds reacquired by Disney Vacation Development and I hope to include this data when I update AKV's chart next month.

DVD has declared 70.34% of AKV for the DVC inventory and the last declaration was made on February 23, 2011. During the month, DVD started using three previously declared Units to support sales. These new Units were assigned the February, April, and September Use Years. December remains the most common UY at AKV, while April is the least common UY.

In July, the new DVC logo started appearing on some of the AKV deeds filed by DVD with the Orange County Comptroller. Interestingly, AKV is the only DVC resort that has deeds showing the new logo.

00013z.jpg

In July 2011, perhaps due to a slow down in sales at Bay Lake Tower, AKV sales were up to 48,55 points, an increase of almost 63% from the previous month. It was the third best total in monthly sales for AKV in the past year.

DVD has sold about 63.7% of AKV's 7.4 million points. However, that number does not reflect points that have been reacquired by DVD through foreclosures, ROFR, and other buybacks. I am compiling data on AKV deeds reacquired by Disney Vacation Development and I hope to include this data when I update AKV's chart next month.

DVD has declared 70.34% of AKV for the DVC inventory and the last declaration was made on February 23, 2011. During the month, DVD started using three previously declared Units to support sales. These new Units were assigned the February, April, and September Use Years. December remains the most common UY at AKV, while April is the least common UY.

In July, the new DVC logo started appearing on some of the AKV deeds filed by DVD with the Orange County Comptroller. Interestingly, AKV is the only DVC resort that has deeds showing the new logo.

00013z.jpg
Thanks for the info, great job! :thumbsup2

I agree - great job! Unfortunately, I don't understand it all, but it's so nice that you take the time to do it! So are July results good or bad?

I agree - great job! Unfortunately, I don't understand it all, but it's so nice that you take the time to do it! So are July results good or bad?

Overall, I think AKV's sales numbers for July 2011 are "good." Sales are better than the previous month, and July was one of the better months in the past year. Now that BLT's base price is $150 a point and sales are winding down at that DVC resort, it will be interesting to see if sales pick up at AKV.

You aren't the only person that has said they are confused by the all these numbers. I guess the most important number to look at is the one labeled "Total Declared." There is a percentage figure of 70.34%. This means that up to 70.34% of AKV is available for booking by DVC members using points. The rest belongs to Disney and cannot be used by members to book using their Vacation Club points. As more Units are declared for the DVC inventory, then members will be able to book more of AKV using their points. Eventually, 100% of AKV should be declared for the DVC inventory.

Overall, I think AKV's sales numbers for July 2011 are "good." Sales are better than the previous month, and July was one of the better months in the past year. Now that BLT's base price is $150 a point and sales are winding down at that DVC resort, it will be interesting to see if sales pick up at AKV.

You aren't the only person that has said they are confused by the all these numbers. I guess the most important number to look at is the one labeled "Total Declared." There is a percentage figure of 70.34%. This means that up to 70.34% of AKV is available for booking by DVC members using points. The rest belongs to Disney and cannot be used by members to book using their Vacation Club points. As more Units are declared for the DVC inventory, then members will be able to book more of AKV using their points. Eventually, 100% of AKV should be declared for the DVC inventory.

I get it now! Thanks for laying it out for me, I understand now. :thumbsup2 Thanks again for the information! The more inventory declared for us, the better - more availablity! I'm subbing here so I can watch for next months. It really is so nice of you to do this. Thanks again for taking the time to do it.

As noted by Disneycouple 99, Disney Vacation Development has declared more Units at AKV. On August 16, 2011, six more Units containing 10 two-bedroom villas were added to the Disney Vacation Club inventory. Six of the villas are dedicated two-bedroom villas and four of the villas are lock-off two-bedroom villas.

DVD has now declared 72.54% of AKV for DVC members to book using points. A total of 46 dedicated studios, 283 two-bedroom villas, and 14 Grand Villas have been declared. Still undeclared are 107 two-bedroom villas and 8 Grand Villas.

As of August 17, 2011, 64.29% of AKV's 7,400,270 total points have been sold to the public. However, this percentage does not include those points that DVD has reacquired from DVC members through foreclosure proceedings, exercising its right of first refusal on resales, and other buybacks. Sales have improved in August 2011-- probably due to Bay Lake Tower's sales slowing down -- and AKV is on pace to have its best monthly sales total in over a year.

0001A7.jpg

In August 2011, DVD sold 84,864 points at AKV. Not only was it the best month for sales at AKV in more than a year, it might be the first time that AKV sales exceeded BLT sales since sales began at BLT in late 2008.

As of August 31, 2011, 61.9% of AKV's points have been sold to the public. Beginning with this month's report, the number of points sold reflects points that have been reacquired by DVD through foreclosures, ROFR, and other buybacks. In August 2011, DVD reacquired 17,513 AKV points. Since sales began in February 2007, DVD has reacquired a total of 219,667 AKV points.

On August 16, 2011, DVD made another declaration at AKV. With this latest declaration, 72.54% of AKV has been declared for the DVC inventory. This means that on any given Use Day, Members can book up to 72.54% of AKV using points.

During August 2011, DVD started using three previously declared Units to support sales. Two of these Units were assigned the March Use Year, while the third Unit was assigned the February UY. December remains the most common UY at AKV, while April is the least common UY.

00018y.jpg

Thanks!!:thumbsup2 Now that I understand the numbers, thanks to you, it's interesting and even a bit exciting!

In September 2011, DVD sold 61,129 points for AKV. Although September's sales total represents a drop of 28.0% compared to the previous month -- when AKV sold 84,864 points -- it still represents the second highest monthly total for AKV in over a year.

For the second consecutive month, AKV ranked second in monthly sales, trailing SSR but topping BLT. It appears that AKV's sales are benefitting from the price disparity between it and BLT: BLT's base price is $150 a point while AKV's base price is $120 a point. With incentives, AKV can be purchased for as little as $100 a point.

DVD has sold about 62.6% of Animal Kingdom Villas' 7.4 million points. That number reflects points that have been reacquired by DVD through foreclosures, Right of First Refusal, and other buybacks. In September 2011, DVD reacquired 10,728 Animal Kingdom Villas points. Since sales began in February 2007, DVD has reacquired a total of 230,395 Animal Kingdom Villas points.

0001CN.jpg

Here are the updated floor plans as of the August 2011 declarations of Phases 57 and 58.

2nd Floor

Kidani2ndFloor102911.jpg

3rd Floor

Kidani3rdFloor-1.jpg

4th Floor

Kidani4thfloor1222-1.jpg

5th Floor

Kidani5thFloor4211.jpg

Can't wait to be back "home" at WDW for Thanksgiving!!! Take care! :wizard:

In October 2011, AKV had 45,786 points sold, which placed it ahead of the sales for BLT (18,862 points) but trailing the number of points sold for SSR (91,655 points). Although October's total is slightly higher than the 41,200 points that AKV sales have averaged over the last 12 months, it is lowest number of points sold since June 2011 when only 29,843 points were sold.

About 72.54% of AKV has been declared for the DVC inventory. The last time additional AKV Units were declared for the DVC inventory declaration was on August 16, 2011. Since DVD has about 700,000 points that have been declared but not yet sold at AKV, there is little reason for DVD to make another declaration at AKV anytime soon.

DVD has sold about 63.3% of AKV's 7.4 million points. That number reflects points that have been reacquired by DVD through foreclosures, Right of First Refusal, and other buybacks. In October 2011, DVD reacquired 7,024 AKV points. Since sales began in February 2007, DVD has reacquired a total of 237,419 AKV points.

Unless new buyers request a specific Use Year, it appears that DVD is currently placing new master contracts in the June UY. The December UY remains the most common UY at AKV with about 35.1% of the declared points. The February and June UYs are a distant second and third with about 12.4% each.

AKV-October2011.jpg

In November 2011, DVD sold 54,200 AKV points.

Now that BLT is no longer the focal point of DVD's sales efforts, AKV is seeing a resurgence in its sales. For the calendar year AKV sales have fluctuated, but the overall trend seems to be up. So far in 2011, AKV is averaging 47,976 points a month, which much greater than the last six months of 2010, when AKV averaged only 15,510 points in monthly sales.

At the end of November, DVD had sold 65.04% of the maximum number of points it can sell to the general public. This number includes those points that DVD has reacquired through foreclosure proceedings, exercising its Right of First Refusal, and other buyback reasons.

DVD has declared 72.54% of AKV for the DVC inventory. Since it has about 650,000 declared-but-unsold points in its inventory, there is little need for DVD to declare any more Units at AKV in the near future. Of course, that might change if DVD runs short of SSR points and AKV becomes the only Walt Disney World DVC resort that DVD can actively market while awaiting the commencement of sales for the Villas at Grand Floridian.

AKVNov.jpg

In December, AKV recorded 74,587 points sold, the second highest monthly total it recorded in 2011. For the year, DVD sold 602,327 AKV points.

DVD has sold about 65.9% of the maximum number of points it can sell at AKV. This percentage reflects points that DVD has reacquired through foreclosure proceedings, exercising its Right of First Refusal, and other buyback reasons. It has also declared 72.54% of AKV for the DVC inventory. Since it still has about 586,000 AKV points that it has declared but has not yet sold, DVD may not need to make another declaration of AKV Units for several months if sales continue at the current rate.

AKV12.jpg

In January 2012, 60,526 points were sold for Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas.

As of January 31, 2012, Disney Vacation Development has sold 66.66% of the maximum number of AKV points it can sell to the general public. This number reflects 260,144 AKV points that DVD has reacquired through foreclosure proceedings, exercising its Right of First Refusal on resale transactions, and other buyback reasons.

DVD has declared 74.96% of AKV for the DVC inventory. The latest declaration, which added 11 two-bedroom villas to the DVC inventory, was recorded on February 3, 2012, with the Orange County Comptroller. However, the document shows that DVD actually made the declaration effective October 27, 2011.

During January 2012, it appears that DVD offered the August Use Year to those buyers who did not request a specific Use Year. DVD started using points from three AKV Units during the month and all three were assigned the August UY.

It will be interesting to see if sales at AKV significantly improve in the next few months. DVD's supply of points for BLT and SSR is running short, and several sources have reported that they have been alerted by their Guides that they may be placed on wait lists if they want to buy points for those resorts. This will leave AKV as the only WDW-based DVC resort for new DVC members, at least until sales begin for the new Villas at Grand Floridian.

AKVJan2012jpeg.jpg

Yes with BLT and SSR sales likely to be substantial complete by late spring or early summer that will leave AKV as the primary WDW points until VGF sales opens up in late summer or early fall. I am surprised that DDC will let the inventory fall that low (less than 1.5m points). That is only 10 months supply at a reasonably brisk sales pace. If there were a delay in the ability to start sales at VGF, they could find themselves without certain UYs pretty quickly. It also shows that with only about 3.5m points at VGF they will have to have something else underway (either the project at Fort Wilderness or Poly) by no later the summer of 2013 or they may again begin to run short of points.
Yes I know Hawaii is still out there, but a lot of customers want an "at the park" locations only.

bookworm

In February 2012, Disney Vacation Development sold 67,610 points for AKV, 11.7% more than in January 2012.

Now that BLT and SSR are considered to be "sold out", AKV is the only DVC resort at Walt Disney World that DVD is marketing. Thus, it is expected that AKV's sales should improve significantly over the next few months. As of February 29, 2012, DVD has sold about 66.18% of AKV's total points and has declared 74.96% of the resort for the DVC inventory.

DVD has about 649,769 declared-but-unsold points in its inventory. If AKV's monthly sales increases significantly, DVD will need to declare more Units for the DVC inventory within the next two or three months. The last declaration of Units at AKV was made October 27, 2011.

AKVContractsjpeg.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter