AKV - Kidani Village Units Declared*UPDATED 1/26 - Post#130*

November 2010 was another very slow month for sales at AKV. With only 59 deeds and 7,985 points recorded at the Orange County Comptroller, November was the slowest month for sales at AKV since sales started in February 2007.

I'm optimistic that AKV sales will improve in December. Sales in the latter half of November were slightly better than in the first half. Also, with DVD increasing the base prices of SSR and BLT, AKV might be in a slightly better position in attracting buyers.

Since AKV has over 525,000 points that have been declared and not yet sold, it will be quite awhile before there is a need for DVD to declare any more Unit for the DVC membership.

0001nu.jpg

December 2010 was another slow month for sales at AKV, but there are signs that sales should improve in the near future. In December, AKV sold 13,249 points, an increase of 65.9% over sales in November. In addition, most of points were recorded in the last few days of December. This bodes well for increased sales in January 2011 for AKV.

I suspect there is little chance in the near future of another declaration of AKV Units for the DVC Membership. DVD has over 512,000 points at AKV that have been declared but not yet sold. Even if monthly sales jumped to 50,000 points, DVD has a large inventory of points to work with before it needs to make another Declaration.

0001gt.jpg

We booked a 2BR and a Studio for 5 days in May 2011 and there was a TON of inventory available - the only thing we couldn't book was Club Level at Jambo - but other than that we could have 'picked' a Grand Villa of our choice HAHA at least that's what the lady on the phone said.

Anyway - it's not just AKV we could have booked what we needed at any resort except Beach Club.

wdrl thank you for the update.
I agree with your analysis that January should be good for AKV.

There were two weekends in December (I think 11/12 and 18/19) where Doorway To Dreams honored the black Friday deals for AKV, SSR, and Aulani. Most of these contracts are likely to show up on the OCC in January.

With AKV having very good incentives for referrals, pricing difference are similar to the Oct 2009 your AKV numbers showed AKV was selling about the same as BLT.

The slight upswing in AKV sales that was seen in December 2010 strengthened in January 2011. Based on deeds recorded in January with the Orange County Comptroller, DVD sold AKV 43,808 points, which is about the same amount that was sold at AKV in the previous four months combined. Although BLT sold about 102,000 more points than AKV in January, there were a couple days at the end of the month where AKV sales matched or exceeded BLT sales. This has not happened since October and November 2009, shortly after BLT's base price was increased from $112 to $120 a point.

DVD has declared 66.82% of AKV for the DVC membership and it has sold about 60.48% of its total points. DVD has not declared new Units for AKV since April 15, 2010, and it has about 469,000 declared-but-unsold points in its inventory. But if sales continue to improve DVD may need to make another declaration within the next two months.

0001c8.jpg

In February 2011, DVD sold about 48,984 points at AKV, an increased of about 11.8% over January 2011. Sales at AKV have improved significantly since November 2010, when only 7,985 points were sold.

Another sign of increased sales at AKV is that DVD is beginning to draw points from Units that have been declared but unused. From July 28, 2010, to January 10, 2011, DVD did not need to use any new Units at AKV to support sales. Then, in January 2011, it started to use two new Units (#107A and #117D). Now, in February, it started to use four more Units (#106B, #106C, #107B, and #107C). Three of the new Units have the August UY and one has the October UY.

I expect that fairly soon DVD will make a new Declaration of Units at AKV for the DVC Membership. The last Declaration at AKV was made on April 15, 2010. Although DVD still has about 419,886 declared but unsold points in its inventory, it only has three Units that are declared but unused. dizfan and I have observed DVD's sales practices at BLT, and we have noticed that DVD likes to have several unused Units available to support its sales efforts. If demand for a specific UY exceeds available inventory, then DVD can roll out a new Unit with that UY. When the number of declared unused Units drops below five, then DVD usually declares new Units.

Although AKV sales are improving, it still lags far behind BLT. With 99,210 points sold in February, BLT outsold AKV by more than a two-to-one margin. It will be interesting to see what will happen in the coming months when BLT's base price jumps to $140 a point.

0001kB.jpg

I was on a 7 nights cruise on the Disney Wonder back in early February, and they didn't even make mention that Animal Kingdom Villas was still active in sales. They were selling Bay Lake Tower BIG TIME. I think they want to get Bay Lake Tower SOLD OUT.

Why they would work so hard to sell out a newer resort I don't know - It just doesn't make too much sense.

However, I think once the BLT sells out -they will be pushing big for both AKV and SSR.

I was on a 7 nights cruise on the Disney Wonder back in early February, and they didn't even make mention that Animal Kingdom Villas was still active in sales. They were selling Bay Lake Tower BIG TIME. I think they want to get Bay Lake Tower SOLD OUT.

Why they would work so hard to sell out a newer resort I don't know - It just doesn't make too much sense.

However, I think once the BLT sells out -they will be pushing big for both AKV and SSR.

Because they are so close to selling it out, they just want to get it off the books. AKV, SSR, and AUL will get the hard press once BLT sells out.

On February 23, 2011, DVD declared additional Units at the Animal Kingdom Villas for the DVC Membership. The latest Declaration adds 260,640 points and 16 two-bedroom villas to the DVC inventory. The 16 villas are broken out into 8 lockoff two-bedroom villas and 8 dedicated two-bedroom villas.

With this latest Declaration, 70.34% of AKV is now available for DVC Members to book using their Vacation Club points. The remaining 29.66% is still owned by DVD and includes 117 two-bedroom villas and 8 Grand Villas.

0001ll.jpg

Sales at AKV have improved since the start of 2011, and it appears that March 2011 should continue that trend. If sales continue to rise at AKV, another AKV Declaration should be needed before the end of this Summer. See http://dvcnews.com/forum/showthread.php?6601-Monthly-Sales-Data-for-WDW-Resorts for more information about sales at the DVC resorts located at Walt Disney World.

Woo, more units to book! Thanks for updating. It's interesting that AKV sales have seen a marked uptick despite no significant improvement in incentives and (seemingly) a continued lack of promotion. Has SSR seen a similar direct sales uptick over the same timeframe?

Has SSR seen a similar direct sales uptick over the same timeframe?

SSR sales were strong in the Summer and Fall, 2010, but dropped when DVD increased its base price from $95 a point to $120 a point. However, SSR began to rebound in February 2011 and sales have continue to improve in March. See the link in my Post #171 for more information on SSR sales.

. . . . . . It's interesting that AKV sales have seen a marked uptick despite no significant improvement in incentives and (seemingly) a continued lack of promotion. . . .

I think that the increase in sales at AKV are directly related to fact the $90 per point incentive is no longer offered for OKW. That incentive eroded the sales of AKV during it's offering period.

And I wouldn't be surprised that when people asked for a lower alternative to BLT the guides would suggest OKW when the $90 offer was available and now they are recommending AKV.

Oh, how neglectful I've been!! :headache:

I think these are accurate, if not please correct me and send me accurate information. I really appreciate all those keeping this going!!

From the bottom up:

2nd Floor, no new declarations I could locate:

Kidani2ndFloor-1.jpg

3rd floor, no new declarations either, I think:

Kidani3rdFloor-1.jpg

4th floor, updated, again no recent declarations:

Kidani4thfloor1222.jpg

5th floor, majority of declarations in last year on this floor, only Section 111 remains undeclared:

Kidani5thFloor4211.jpg

Sorry to all! Having 2 young kids on top of everything pushes so much aside!

Thanks for updating Kidani's floor plans of declared Units. It looks like you have everything that was declared in the last couple of years.

And Welcome Back!!

Wow, a that's a lot of updates. MP&G. Thank you for updating the room maps. And welcome back to the boards!

AKV had its fourth consecutive month of improved point sales in March 2011. DVD sold 57,450 points at AKV, an increase of 17.28% over the previous month.

As of March 31, 2011, DVD has declared 70.34% of AKV for the DVC inventory. It has also sold about 61.92% of AKV's points to the general public. Since AKV has over 2.8 million points still to be sold, it may be several years before it will sell out. It will be interesting to see how DVD markets AKV once BLT is sells out later this year.

0001XG.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter