• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV question

I was thinking that same thing. Unfortunately, the time I want to use my point for is the week after Thanksgiving. You better believe I'll be one of those early callers on May 16th!! If I can't get anything for November, I'll probably bank my '07 points and use them for our March trip combined with '08 points. We have a March use year.

I'll be calling to switch for a busy time, too - I will also bank my points if I am unsuccessful at booking for Dec 07.

I talked to my guide last night. She told me that the units are "scheduled" to open Oct 1st. If schedule allows they will open sooner, but not in time for Labor Day weekend. May 16th is definatley the date for reservations and the members who own at AKV will be able to use their points then.

I know this makes things clear as mud!

I have a feeling that the lines will be very busy at 7am on May 16th.

You mean 9 AM EST don't you? The thing is, normally if you were trying to book during December, you'd call day by day. But this time you'll be able to make the entire ressie with one call since the entire stay would be within 11 months. We're going to try for December, but if we can't get it, we'll go in January. In fact, I've almost been thinking about trying for January anyway. But we've never been to WDW during Christmas and am really anxious to see the decorations, etc.

Yep, I'll be among the throngs on the phone May 16th too! It's likely to be ATB signals all morning!

You mean 9 AM EST don't you? The thing is, normally if you were trying to book during December, you'd call day by day. But this time you'll be able to make the entire ressie with one call since the entire stay would be within 11 months. We're going to try for December, but if we can't get it, we'll go in January. In fact, I've almost been thinking about trying for January anyway. But we've never been to WDW during Christmas and am really anxious to see the decorations, etc.

We're going to (assuming we get points with a UY that we can do it with) be aiming ,that day, for early Jan (around the 5th through the 11th). Here's hoping it all works out!

Example on the point issue... I added on 150 points last week at SSR... My use year is March... I got 2006 points as well...Obviously I banked them and will create a nice little cushion for myself down the road...

I'm assuming the AKV folks with Jan, Feb, Mar use years will do similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter