AKV Xmas week activities?

Desnik

<font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann
We've decided to skip our summer 2014 WDW trip and go during Xmas week again. We went last year and this year we are all sad we didn't book it for this year! So, we are thinking about where to stay. Last time we were at WLV. The resort was perfect and beautiful, but our room was a horrible nightmare. Not enough time has passed for us to forget it and give the WL another try.

So, the kids and DH are voting for AKV (one of our home resorts). I'm on the fence. One thing I loved about WL during Xmas week was all the activities they had in the lobby. Character meet & greets, Santa, cookies & cider, choir, games. Does anyone know if AKV does anything like this?

Desnik, can't recall other things, but they did animal enrichment--making edible wreaths for animal, seed encrusted pine cones, etc. alternating days at Kidani/Jambo at 1 or 2 pm (year round also--just holiday themed then). Also, year round cookie decorating at Boma's at 1pm--free and super fun.
A favor, can you recall when character meet-greet is at WL--Chistmas Eve or Day and what time? We have Luau at 8pm and hoping we can make it. Thanks, Elaine

Desnik, can't recall other things, but they did animal enrichment--making edible wreaths for animal, seed encrusted pine cones, etc. alternating days at Kidani/Jambo at 1 or 2 pm (year round also--just holiday themed then). Also, year round cookie decorating at Boma's at 1pm--free and super fun.
A favor, can you recall when character meet-greet is at WL--Chistmas Eve or Day and what time? We have Luau at 8pm and hoping we can make it. Thanks, Elaine

Thanks for the info!

I still have the activities guide from our Xmas trip at the WL. So, the meet & greet with Santa was on the 24th between 5-9pm. There were character meet & greets in the lobby on the 19th-22nd between 4:40-8:15. FYI, Santa was also at the GF, Poly & CR on Xmas eve too.

thanks so much! We are more interested in the characters than Santa--we don't arrive until Sunday 12/22. That will be a bummer if they stopped on Sat, 12/21 (which was 12/22 last year).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter