Alarm Clocks being removed

Unofficial survey & results: I like clocks in the room.
[ ] I am over 40 years old 100%
[ ] I am under 39 years old 0%

Just got back from BLT and no clocks. It bothers me as my kids need to be able to glance at a clock to know whether to go back to sleep or not. At 7 and 10, they don't have phones yet. I have a phone of course, but still prefer being able to glace at the clock in the middle of the night or as I'm getting ready. I called Housekeeping and requested two clocks. They said they would send them up if they had any available, but never did.

We just checked into BWV Saturday. When we entered our room the Housekeeper was removing the Alarm clock I-dock thing. There had been a cart in the hall with a bunch of them on it so we figured maybe they were replacing them with some other type alarm clock since we had a regular alarm clock in our room at OKW that we had just checked out of. When we returned to the room later on there was no replacement so we called to request a replacement which we never received. Went to the Front desk Sunday morning with our Laundry List of Housekeeping & Maintenance issues needing to be addressed including the missing alarm clock. The Supervisor informed us that they were told that Alarm Clocks are to be removed from all rooms property wide but they would be more than happy to provide one to us since we requested it. She didn't know what the reason was that they removed them but did stress that it is supposed to be happening property-wide, not just at BWV. Personally I'd rather they removed the darn cleaning equipment they cram up the closet with since I don't use or need any of that stuff during my stay. What's next, the microwave, toaster, coffee maker or refrigerator?[/QUOTE

They removed them from Disney ships as well. Don't need it since smart phones have our alarms. They will probably replace with outlets to plug in USB. Most hotels doing that now as well.

Does anyone else think that checking into a hotel room and there not being a clock means it must be a really cheap hotel? Or am I showing my age, and clocks are old-fashioned. To me, if I checked in to a hotel and there was no clock, I might think "Boy, this hotel can't even afford CLOCKS! How cheap!"

Does anyone else think that checking into a hotel room and there not being a clock means it must be a really cheap hotel? Or am I showing my age, and clocks are old-fashioned. To me, if I checked in to a hotel and there was no clock, I might think "Boy, this hotel can't even afford CLOCKS! How cheap!"

I have yet to check into a hotel room that doesn't have a clock. Last location was the Sheraton in downtown Boston in Sept so I'm missing out on this apparent "trend". But yes, it would and does seem cheap to me.

I'm at VGF right now and my studio has a clock, so I guess they're still at this one for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter