Alarm Clocks being removed

PVB has the new clocks with the lightning ports and USB, so I wonder if they have taken them out of there too. That would be a shame- it convinced me to get one of those for at home instead of my Apple dock.
We are at PVB right now and we have an iHome clock in our studio. It has the lightning connector. By the way, it is running an hour ahead because no one changed the clock from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time. I haven't done anything with the clock because we use our iPhones for keeping time and setting alarms. I really like that the PVB studios have USB connectors in the nightstand.

We are at PVB right now and we have an iHome clock in our studio. It has the lightning connector. By the way, it is running an hour ahead because no one changed the clock from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time. I haven't done anything with the clock because we use our iPhones for keeping time and setting alarms. I really like that the PVB studios have USB connectors in the nightstand.

My sister was at the Poly when the time change occurred and the clock adjusted. Perhaps the one in your room was not set to auto adjust? We were at BLT and changed the clocks since they did not adjust.

My sister was at the Poly when the time change occurred and the clock adjusted. Perhaps the one in your room was not set to auto adjust? We were at BLT and changed the clocks since they did not adjust.
I wonder if some of the clocks have different features. At BWV our iHomes have all had the old 30 pin connectors and I think some have posted that their clocks had lightning connectors.

If they are going to put something in the rooms, why not a Keurig instead of the nasty coffee pots. I hate that my tea tastes like someone else's coffee.
Even in bulk, Keurig brewers would cost significantly more than what they pay per unit for the Mr. Coffee brewers. I (even as a Keurig owner) would not what my dues to increase to cover the significant increase in cost to put Keurig brewers in every DVC villa.

Even in bulk, Keurig brewers would cost significantly more than what they pay per unit for the Mr. Coffee brewers. I (even as a Keurig owner) would not what my dues to increase to cover the significant increase in cost to put Keurig brewers in every DVC villa.

Plus the Keurig cups are not environmentally friendly.

no one will care about the in room clock once they are phased out of every hotel. everyone has one in their pocket. in 2 years, people will be looking back on this thread and wonder why people cared so much about this. sort of like the hard wired internet connection in room... unnecessary.

Was at BCV last week and there was a iHome clock in the room. Since neither my wife nor myself have an iphone, we can't comment on which connector it had on top. The time was correct when we got there, and it kept perfect time.

This past week (11/18 - 11/22):
SSR: Basic clock radio with headphone jack plug
BLT: No clock radio

How many times have you checked into a hotel and found the clock was wrong and when you went to change it you couldn't. I think those Ihomes needed a screwdriver to open the place where you could change the time.

This. Which makes it frustrating when prior guests have unplugged it.

I leave an alarm clock in my Owner's Locker.

We like to unpack on our stays and the master closet in the Kidani 1BRs have no room for clothes because they already contain a large pedestal safe (which I appreciate) and the large wooden high chair (which I have no use for). We have to find a place to store the high chair for the week so that we can use the master closet. The high chair should be stored next to the washer/dryer but they made that closet too small and it doesn't fit in there.

You can ask housekeeping to remove it from your rooms during your stay.

The clock in the bedroom in building 64, which we were moved to, is set over an hour fast ..... The iHome next to the bed ... has the iPhone mini plug on it so I was able to dock my iPhone 6, it didn't charge it and it was being able to charge it that I was most interested in.

Did you change the time on the clock?
Did you report the issue with the charging capabilities to housekeeping?

Need more outlets in the rooms so a charging station is more needed than a clock.

Additional outlets would entail additional electrical circuits. Residential electrical building codes generally have a mandate which requires access to an outlet every twelve feet of wall space (or within 6' from any given wall location). Building codes for hotels, dormitories (etc) are typically different, and often often provide placement of outlets to be near permanently placed furniture.

Some people prefer two Queen beds, while others prefer a King bed. Some prefer a sleeper sofa, while others prefer a second "traditional" bed. Likewise, there are many people who do not need additional outlets, and others who need a clock. When I travel with my spouse, we have a cell phone, DSLR camera, portable camera, time lapse camera, portable battery charger / powerbank, extra batteries for each camera, plus a "wave phone" on Disney Cruise ships. We've never had any electrical device die on us, as we tend to recharge batteries before they get too low. The portable powerbanks are particularly useful for those who are constantly using their cell phones, and are away from an electrical outlet for an extended period of time.

I guess people have to complain about something. I remember when:
1- You open your door with a card not a band
2- You open your door with a key not a card
3- There was a shoe shine cloth in the room
4- That you had to request an ironing board or hair dryer in a hotel room
5- That rooms had hangers that were a standard size
6- That wake up calls were done by a person.
7- There was a turn down service no matter what level of room at a hotel
8- That a phone call would end up costing as much as the room!
9- That my kitchen clock was not the microwave or stove
10- They served food on planes for most flights
11- There were milkmen (Ok I'm stretching my point here).

Things change, would I like a clock to glance out sure, though it was usually not set properly.

I think I will manage.

I guess people have to complain about something. I remember when:
1- You open your door with a card not a band
2- You open your door with a key not a card
3- There was a shoe shine cloth in the room
4- That you had to request an ironing board or hair dryer in a hotel room
5- That rooms had hangers that were a standard size
6- That wake up calls were done by a person.
7- There was a turn down service no matter what level of room at a hotel
8- That a phone call would end up costing as much as the room!
9- That my kitchen clock was not the microwave or stove
10- They served food on planes for most flights
11- There were milkmen (Ok I'm stretching my point here).

Things change, would I like a clock to glance out sure, though it was usually not set properly.

I think I will manage.

And I'll bet that. like me, you remember Mickey waking you up-"Up and at 'em, pal! ... [my memory doesn't remember all the words but the ending was] .."Boy, are we glad you're here! See ya real soon!" Once Mickey lost his job to Stitch's screaming, I quit the wake up call.

Was at BCV last week and there was a iHome clock in the room. Since neither my wife nor myself have an iphone, we can't comment on which connector it had on top. The time was correct when we got there, and it kept perfect time.
Just got back from BCV today. Yes, had iHome clock (correct time) but with an old connector. Liked having the clock.
Split stay at BLT and yes, all clocks gone. (annoying for me as I personally like to glance at a clock, not pick up my iPhone from where it might be).

At BWV 1 bedroom, no bedroom clock but something that should be noted.

The USB charging ports on the left nightstand turn off when the room lights are turned off. The charging connector on the right nightstand charges no matter if the lights are on or not.

I don't know if this is true of all rooms, the AC receptacle is behind the bed and not acceptable.

If your device isn't charging, check the USB port.

The USB charging ports on the left nightstand turn off when the room lights are turned off. The charging connector on the right nightstand charges no matter if the lights are on or not.

I don't know if this is true of all rooms, the AC receptacle is behind the bed and not acceptable.

Sorry, do you mean the thermotat/control box is behind the bed and not accessible? Acceptable means you don't like it! :rolleyes: If that is indeed where they put it, then that is bonkers. If we weren't supposed to adjust it, why give us one in the first place?

The A/C operating box was mounted at about 5 feet off the ground on the wall of the living room at OKW. It was very difficult to operate (they don't give you instructions), so I found it easier to turn it off because I couldn't turn the fan power up or down! We Brits don't like Disney's A/C settings as they seem to like it set to 'arctic'!! :cold:

And I didn't bother reporting it - didn't think it was important enough. Same with the wrongly-set clock and the fact they didn't bring us the tea kettle we were promised (just boiled water in the small saucepan). In fact, the only thing I DID feel important enough to report was the floor lamp which sparked when I turned it on!!!! :scared:

I presume you're saying that the AC plus is behind the bed so you couldn't change which plug the nightstand was plugged to. It's possible both nightstands were in the same 110 plug set since usually only one of the 2 plugs is tied to the switch. If needed, one can always turn off the lights manually and leave the switch on or call maint if you can't access the plug. With my medical equipment I find this an issue at times as well for wall plugs and lamp/nightstand plugs as well as simply not having enough. Thus a portion of the reason I travel with travel surge protector with 2 plugs and 2 USB outlets that will work with iPhone (some won't).

I presume you're saying that the AC plus is behind the bed so you couldn't change which plug the nightstand was plugged to. It's possible both nightstands were in the same 110 plug set since usually only one of the 2 plugs is tied to the switch. If needed, one can always turn off the lights manually and leave the switch on or call maint if you can't access the plug. With my medical equipment I find this an issue at times as well for wall plugs and lamp/nightstand plugs as well as simply not having enough. Thus a portion of the reason I travel with travel surge protector with 2 plugs and 2 USB outlets that will work with iPhone (some won't).

Correct, AC (alternating current) receptacle is on the wall behind the bed and I can't get to it. The night stands have 2 receptacles next to the 2 USB ports. Reported it but haven't seen anyone, changing rooms today so we will see if it's the same in that room.

BCV still has the bed side clocks. I suppose they might be waiting until the refurb. Or maybe they just ignored the memo to remove them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter