Am I missing something about Be our Guest breakfast?

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
To my knowledge it isn't a character breakfast. And looking at the menu for breakfast, it doesn't seem like its anything special. So would I really be paying $29 +/- tax and gratuity for a basket of pastries and a (seemingly) small meal? Am i looking at the correct prices?

Attachments

• menu_item_image_1963.jpg
    menu_item_image_1963.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 67
You are looking at the correct prices. People were going in and just ordering something small like a drink to experience the restuarant. So Disney went to a fixed price menu. It really only makes sense if you are on the dining plan. It was a one and done for us, it really felt like a fancy cafeteria and I can't justify the cost.

I'd say its the best quick service breakfast on property in a well themed area. But yeah no characters for breakfast or lunch and its pricey. Being on the dining plan definitely makes it more worthwhile. Also if timed well and not on an EMM day it can get you a good spot in line at 7DMT.

You are looking at the correct prices. People were going in and just ordering something small like a drink to experience the restuarant. So Disney went to a fixed price menu. It really only makes sense if you are on the dining plan. It was a one and done for us, it really felt like a fancy cafeteria and I can't justify the cost.

Nothing has changed with breakfast and lunch...you can still order as much or as little as you like. The only thing "fixed price" about the breakfast is that all the entrees cost the same.

Dinner is the only true "fixed price" meal there, where everyone who enters much pay the fixed price.

No tip. It is QS. But it’s not worth the money at all. Cosmic Rays Is better value than this place.

We did breakfast there (on the dining plan) and really liked the food and the pastries. I might feel different if I had to pay out of pocket, but for the use of a dining credit it was really good and the food was tasty. Did something change about the menu for breakfast in the last couple of years, because my breakfast sandwich was more than filling. This was before the menu switched to prix fixe and honestly the food was better at breakfast than it was at dinner.

To my knowledge it isn't a character breakfast. And looking at the menu for breakfast, it doesn't seem like its anything special. So would I really be paying $29 +/- tax and gratuity for a basket of pastries and a (seemingly) small meal? Am i looking at the correct prices?

You are most definitely looking at the correct prices. The only thing special about breakfast is the possibility of a PPO ADR.

Breakfast has ALWAYS been one price for any entree you want to order. They actually added cupcakes to the breakfast menu not long after opening and still allow you to order just that or just a cup of coffee if you want for breakfast or lunch.

Did something change about the menu for breakfast in the last couple of years, because my breakfast sandwich was more than filling. This was before the menu switched to prix fixe and honestly the food was better at breakfast than it was at dinner.

They do change up the menu from time-to-time, but I think the sandwich is still there. The only switch to prix fix was at DINNER. Breakfast pricing hasn't changed.

We have gone there twice.The first time ther were three of us.Servers were very good,not much food but they gave us unlimited pastries. I asked for just the chocolate ones they gave me a box to go.The second time there were six of us they gave us one tray of pastries. I had to ask another tray.The servers never came to ask anything when we were leaving I asked for more pastries one waitress said no her supervisor said they we’re changing over to lunch and had no pastries (I think her nose was growing)it was only 10:20.I never saw anyone without a meal.

Nothing has changed with breakfast and lunch...you can still order as much or as little as you like. The only thing "fixed price" about the breakfast is that all the entrees cost the same.

Dinner is the only true "fixed price" meal there, where everyone who enters much pay the fixed price.
So I could order off the kid’s menu or DD and I could share an entree? I confess I really just want to see the inside of the castle, but don’t want to pay $50 for breakfast to do so.

We have gone there twice.The first time ther were three of us.Servers were very good,not much food but they gave us unlimited pastries. I asked for just the chocolate ones they gave me a box to go.The second time there were six of us they gave us one tray of pastries. I had to ask another tray.The servers never came to ask anything when we were leaving I asked for more pastries one waitress said no her supervisor said they we’re changing over to lunch and had no pastries (I think her nose was growing)it was only 10:20.I never saw anyone without a meal.
The pastries aren't "unlimited". You got lucky with a server the first time. You're supposed to only get the original tray they bring to your table the first time.

So I could order off the kid’s menu or DD and I could share an entree? I confess I really just want to see the inside of the castle, but don’t want to pay $50 for breakfast to do so.
Yes you can. It is considered QS so you can order as much or as little as you would like at breakfast at this time.

I've only been once, in 2016 before breakfast prices shot up and we were on QS dining plan anyway. It still wasn't worth it, IMO. The food was 'meh', and the over-hyped atmosphere? I later saw it described on here as looking like they'd decorated the school cafeteria for a Beauty and the Beast themed prom. That's perfect. I mean...it's cute, but it's not THAT cute.

Last time I ate breakfast in Magic Kingdom, my friend and I grabbed breakfast wraps at Main St. Bakery and then went up and sat on a bench out front of the train station overlooking Town Square. We were all by ourselves, munching on our wraps and enjoying the view down Main Street. And then Mary Poppins came up there and hung out with us for a little while! Best breakfast in MK I've had yet.

[QUOTE="DisBuckMan, post: 6156
The pastries aren't "unlimited". You got lucky with a server the first time. You're supposed to only get the original tray they bring to your table the first time.
[/QUOTE]

You are supposed to get pastries with each meal six meals should have been six trays of pastries.

Usually a couple of mini muffins, a small croissant, and a couple of small Entenmann's style mini danishes. 5 per tray. They are an enhancement for the table...not per diner.

we’ve never done breakfast here. So would a solo diner get the whole tray for themselves? Or would they be expected to share with other people?

we’ve never done breakfast here. So would a solo diner get the whole tray for themselves? Or would they be expected to share with other people?

Solo diners get a tray, as long as they order an entree. There have been reports that they get an "abbreviated" tray, but I've seen others say they got a full tray as a solo diner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter