Am I missing something about Be our Guest breakfast?

You are not missing anything. It is one tray of pastries per table, not per person. They are the same just OK standard pastries you’ll find at almost all Disney breakfast buffets. Croissants and danishes and such. They’re small and they do not appear to have been freshly baked on the premises. They taste fine, but nothing special. Lunch is the only meal I would maybe go back here for and I certainly wouldn’t jump through any hoops to get it. Breakfast was a once and done for us. It had the same loud and rushed feeling as dining in the cafeteria style food courts at the value resorts, but with an insane price tag. And yes, a PPO ADR here may put you ahead of the RD crowds for SDMT, but then you will be behind the crowds in all the other lands for the rest of the morning. Better to get a FP for SDMT or ride at night during HEA. BOG is honestly one of the most overrated restaurants on property.

The pastries aren't "unlimited". You got lucky with a server the first time. You're supposed to only get the original tray they bring to your table the first time.

That's 100% true. However in 6-7 visits for breakfasts now I cant remember a single time where they didn't offer us more without even being asked. That being said we usually have at minimum 4 proper meals ordered so we aren't there with a cup of coffee asking for a refill on "free pastries :)

We enjoyed our breakfast at BOG .. had a large party of 9 so 2 pastry baskets on the table .. ( we packed the leftover pastries in our backpacks and enjoyed them while waiting on line later on 😉) the ordering at the kiosks was a bit crazy so many people all in one area) and slow .. but once we got thru the food came pretty quickly .. I even asked “how will they know where we are sitting “ and the cast member said “ it’s magic “ . My only complaint about the food was it could’ve been warmer but it was good and the whole party enjoyed it ! We were on the DP and did the breakfast for the experience and to be in Fantasy land before park opening . If you have never done this I would definitely give it a try ! Although I Don’t think I would pay OOP for it .

The pastries are one wheat croissant one butter croissant one small lemon muffin with a blueberry on top and one chocolate filled only four and they are part of a meal just like the fruit.look at the menu you will see some meals say come with pastries and fruit not a table thing .

The pastries are one wheat croissant one butter croissant one small lemon muffin with a blueberry on top and one chocolate filled only four and they are part of a meal just like the fruit.look at the menu you will see some meals say come with pastries and fruit not a table thing .
Still wrong. You've eaten there twice and you're an expert on the place.

Meanwhile, many of us have eaten there many times...and we all disagree with you.

this is 100% incorrect info. The WILL NOT give you one tray of pastries per person. It does say with pastries, but doesn't specify how many or what kind, or how they will be served. They will bring One tray for 1-4 people. or 2 trays for 5-8. You really are only guaranteed A pastry by the language in the menu.

I am not going to argue with you l have eaten there more than twice.everything I wrote is 100% correct.

We have gone there twice.The first time ther were three of us.Servers were very good,not much food but they gave us unlimited pastries. I asked for just the chocolate ones they gave me a box to go.The second time there were six of us they gave us one tray of pastries. I had to ask another tray.The servers never came to ask anything when we were leaving I asked for more pastries one waitress said no her supervisor said they we’re changing over to lunch and had no pastries (I think her nose was growing)it was only 10:20.I never saw anyone without a meal.
I am not going to argue with you l have eaten there more than twice.everything I wrote is 100% correct.
Must have been another Paul 55555 that posted yesterday in this thread that they've only been there twice.

this is 100% incorrect info. The WILL NOT give you one tray of pastries per person. It does say with pastries, but doesn't specify how many or what kind, or how they will be served. They will bring One tray for 1-4 people. or 2 trays for 5-8. You really are only guaranteed A pastry by the language in the menu.

When you say it's 100% incorrect information, do you mean the pastries are not as he described?

If it's not true that pastries come with the entrees that mention assorted pastries, but just for the table in general, does that mean the pastries come even if you choose an entree that doesn't specify pastries? I think there are a few of them on the menu.

You are reading it correctly! Very spendy for breakfast especially considering what you get in terms of portion size, quality and service but you are paying the premium price because BOG still remains very in demand and it’s a unique magic kingdom experience. I would do lunch instead as we find its better value but certainly if you haven’t done it before, it’s worth it at least once for the experience.

As for “pastry gate”, you get one tray per table, unless you have a larger group, they’ll bring two trays. We got one tray for our family of 5; it was generously stacked though, we are 2 adults and 3 kids.

If it's not true that pastries come with the entrees that mention assorted pastries, but just for the table in general, does that mean the pastries come even if you choose an entree that doesn't specify pastries? I think there are a few of them on the menu.

Yes, exactly. A tray of pastries is brought to the table if an entree is ordered....any entree.

I did breakfast there a few years ago before the current price increase and before the new procedure of letting everyone into main street an hour before opening. It was worth it at that time. I got pics of my kids on main street mostly empty, the meal was decent, and then we got to ride Peter Pan with no line at opening.

With the current state of opening procedures and the current prices I don't think it is worth the money to eat breakfast there. Just my opinion

re: pastries - when we went in August we had preordered our meals and then at the cash register, my sister decided she wanted a grey stuff cupcake and ordered that separately. Her cupcake came out first with its own plate of pastries and then our meals came out with another plate of pastries. When we had finished eating, our server caught us using coffee cups to pack up the leftover pastries and offered to bring a to-go box, and then came out with another set of pastries packed up. Honestly more pastries than the four of us needed, but we were happy to take them and they made great snacks and breakfast the next day :)

Last year I was somewhat hesitant to pay for the Garden Grill in Epcot for the PPO. Well we did, and it was one of the most magical experiences I have had in a Disney park. We were the very first actual guest in the park, and the first to our table. Two rides with no wait on Soarin and I was so glad we did get to experience that. I don't know how well the PPO breakfast relates to SDMT but it makes me wonder.

We pay the prices because the PPO advantage is so awesome. MK is our favorite park and we never get to do more than one day per park, so it is helpful to get the PPO ride on 7DMT before the rope drop crowds so we can rope drop the other Fantasyland rides after riding 7DMT and save our fastpasses for other popular FPs.

If I could not get a PPO breakfast, and I was paying out of pocket rather than on the dining plan (quick service credit), I absolutely would not go. The breakfast itself is not special enough to warrant the price, IMO.

Also, we have eaten breakfast there close to 10 times in the last three years. Family of 5, always ordered 5 entrees, always got ONE tray of pastries, no refills, no to go pastries.

Be aware, BoG is NOT alliwing adults to order bfast using a child credit. We've seen a few reports now Where those wanting to use only child qs credits w adults are being denied and told to use adult credits (I’m paraphrasing)

Be aware, BoG is NOT alliwing adults to order bfast using a child credit. We've seen a few reports now Where those wanting to use only child qs credits w adults are being denied and told to use adult credits (I’m paraphrasing)
Correct, all quick service credits are now adult or child and not interchangeable. But paying out of pocket, an adult can still purchase a child meal.

I’m, we knew that

what has changed is that if you order 2 breakfasts w 2 child credits but only 1 child, they won’t let you. This has never been an issue at any qs in any park or resort, til now.
that is new and concerning, imho
ymmv

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter