Amanda's Menu Planning Spectacular!

I haven't posted in about a week. One because I can't seem to post from work some clitch and two because I've been avoiding it. I have been so bad it isn't even funny. Turkey day has sent me reeling and I can't seem to get two solid feet on the ground. I have not had one good day since last Thursday and I don't know what to do about it. Tomorrow I am tossing out the pies and all the other junky foods left over from the holidays and I hope that will give me the strength that I need to at least get through tomorrow. I think I've gain back 2 or 3 lbs that I lost which is very frustrating. I haven't started exercising yet which is a real downfall for me. There always seems to be something holding me back and in the end it all comes down to me.

Right now I keep making the excuse "It is the holidays!" but I can't let this stop me. I know that in Feb I am going to Disney and it will be really hard to stay on task then but I guess we will have to see.

I am going to write down my menu for tomorrow in hopes that it helps me stick to my diet.

B: Eggs and Cheese
L: Cheeseburger - no bun, salad
D: Pork Chops, Greenbeans, and some other veggie.
Water, Diet Soda, some sugar free jello pudding.

~Amanda

Good morning! I just popped in to take a peek at your journal, Amanda, and I saw that we've both had some rough days lately
(yesterday was a disaster for me!). Anyway, I wanted to invite you to join me in making today a cheat free day. You wanna try?
Let's see if we both can stay on our plans and get our clippies!
My personal goal is to start again today (I was on Day #4 when I blew it yesterday) and stay "Cheat Free 'Til the End of 2003! I'm going to need a lot of :wizard: if I'm going to make it!::yes:: Won't you join me for today?:p

Good luck,
Erin

Erin,
Thank you for the wonderful post! Yes I will join you in trying to make today a cheat free day. And actually although it is only 12:45p.m. here I am doing much better today then I have been for the rest of this week.

I slept in this morning so I did not eat breakfast. I did have a diet coke this morning since I had a bit of a caffine headache about an hour ago. For lunch I had two pieces of fish on the George Forman Grill with Cajun seasonings - it was delicious! My side item was 1 cup of greenbeans. Right now I am sipping a Hot Apple Cider Drink with only 4 carbs in it. I can't believe the weekend is actually helping me get back on track.

Dinner tonight is either going to be fish again or I might make some pork chops. Veggies will be either greenbeans and salad or grilled zuccini if I have one.

Thanks for the encouragement, it really does help!

~Amanda

So, Amanda, how did things end up yesterday? Did you go cheat free for the whole day? If so, here's a :Pinkbounc for you. If not, no worries, 'cause today's a brand new day!:sunny:

Are you up for a cheat free day today?:hyper:

It may not be easy--I've got an afternoon trip to the mall for Christmas shopping planned, and I love those goodies at the food court:p --but I know I've GOT to go for it.

Have a great day!
Erin

Well I blew it yesterday. I was good during the day and in the evening snacked on some Gouda Cheese (yummy!) and some beef jerky. But then as we were watching "White Christmas" my DH brought in a huge plate of Pizza Rolls. BRING EM' HERE! And I ate a lot. Like 15 or 20. I'm off to the corner hoping today will be a better day.

~Amanda

I'm sick with the flu. I've had it since Sunday. I could tell on Saturday that I wasn't starting to feel well and by Sunday I knew what it was. I hate having the flu. I haven't been able to eat much of anything on it, some oatmeal, crackers, soup, and I've nibbled on a slice of pizza and that has been it over the last 5 days. I think I am finally on the mend. Obviously I haven't been following my diet because the idea of cheese or meat made my stomach do flip flops. I plan on starting again if I feel better on Sunday. I am still very weak and I'm not able to eat much anyway. Plus my Dr. says I need to drink lots of juice which is just loaded with carbs anyway but the Vitamins C is worht it. Hopefully my weight loss has maintained or even gone down since I haven't been eating all that much anyway.

Have I mentioned that I hate being sick :(

~Amanda

Aww, Amanda, you poor thing.:( Being sick is the pits! Here's some :sunny: and :wizard: to help you get better soon. Don't worry about anything--that includes trying to watch your diet--until you're well and strong again.

Take care,
Erin

I'm still sick and I hate it! Even when I eat small meals I end up getting sick. Sucks. I'm stuck on soup and oatmeal still. At this rate it will be the holidays before I am able to get back on track. Very frustrating. And I am very bloated for some reason and I'm pretty sure even though I'm not eating much that I have gained my weight back since all I can ingest is carbs at the moment. Crackers, juice, chicken soup with noodles. Augh.

~Amanda

:hug: to you, Amanda. You're having a hard time fighting all this, and I'm sure it's particularly hard around the holidays. That bloated feeling you have is probably water retention from the added sodium in soups and crackers. Don't fear. . .you'll be back on track soon. Just the fact that you're dropping in to post is a good sign.:D

Take care now,
Erin

I'm back! Actually I was back yesterday but I didn't do all that great. At first I debated on whether or not to even start up again right now after all it is the holidays but then I remembered that we are going to take lots of pictures on our vacation and I don't want to look like a huge blimp in all the pictures. And I actually want to enjoy having my picture taken. :) So it is back to the beginning. I am back up to 165 lbs (augh!) but hopefully alot of that is water because I have been on some salty foods due to being sick and I am about a week from my time of the month and I always seem to retain a little before hand.

Here is my post from Fitday.com

Well I definately didn't do very well yesterday. I put forth a good effort in the morning and afternoon. But after that I ate everything in sight. I had a flavored coffee, half a container of Ben and Jerry's Ice cream, and then chicken wings and potatoe wedges for dinner. Not good at all.

Good things that I did do:
1) Breakfast - hard boiled egg and cheese
2) Lunch - Cajun seasoned Fish, Brocolli and Cheese
3) Chicken wings with medium sauce
4) Lots of water
5) Daily Vitamin.

Today I am so far so good.

B: Hard Boiled Egg and cheese cubes - 2
L: Lemon Pepper Fish, Brocoli - 2 with Ranch dressing (yum)-1
W: 2 glasses down so far
D: Grilled Chicken Breast, Green Beans-2, 1/2 cup Alfredo Noodles and Sauce-17
S: Sugar Free White Chocolate Pudding-6

Puts me at exactly 30 grams of carbs. :) I earned my cheat free tag today! :)

Plan for tomorrow:
B: Fried Egg and Cheese
L: Grilled Chicken Breast, ???
D: Dinner will be fast because we are going to the movies. I think I'll probably have a cheeseburger with no bun or grill up some fish. Thank goodness I don't like popcorn a whole lot.
S: Peanuts - :)

:Pinkbounc Yay, Amanda! You're on your way! :Pinkbounc
Cheat-free in the middle of the holidays?! You're amazing!
Revel in the joy of your success!:Pinkbounc

Erin:D

I had a great day yesterday. Lots of NSV and a huge scale victory. :)

Here is my menu from yesterday:

B: fried egg and cheese
L: Cheeseburger (no bun) with some dipping sauce and then celery and cream cheese to make up for not having any crunch fries.
S: A piece of chocolate:o
D: 2 pieces of frozen pizza - I avoided the crust. There were 45 carbs between the two pieces so I did go over my carb limit but I still did pretty good for the whole day.
S: Cup of Apple Cider - 4 carbs

We also went to the movie that evening and all I had was about 10 pieces of popcorn and drank diet soda.

Today I am doing good so far although my body is punishing me for something I ate yesterday. I've already had 2 full glasses of water and 1 diet soda for some caffine. Breakfast was an omelet with bacon, ham, greenpeppers, and 2 slices of American Cheese. YUMMY! Lunch will probably be a salad since breakfas was so big and heavy.

The scale this morning told me I was down 4.5 pounds in just 3 days. :) I know a lot of this is water weight lost since I was retaining water from having all that salty soups but I still feel great. We are taking a family picture on Wednesday and I am hoping maybe to lose another 5 lbs if I am really really good until then. It might even motivate me to exercise a little.

~Amanda

I had a great day yesterday. Lots of NSV and a huge scale victory. :)

Here is my menu from yesterday:

B: fried egg and cheese
L: Cheeseburger (no bun) with some dipping sauce and then celery and cream cheese to make up for not having any crunch fries.
S: A piece of chocolate:o
D: 2 pieces of frozen pizza - I avoided the crust. There were 45 carbs between the two pieces so I did go over my carb limit but I still did pretty good for the whole day.
S: Cup of Apple Cider - 4 carbs

We also went to the movie that evening and all I had was about 10 pieces of popcorn and drank diet soda.

Today I am doing good so far although my body is punishing me for something I ate yesterday. I've already had 2 full glasses of water and 1 diet soda for some caffine. Breakfast was an omelet with bacon, ham, greenpeppers, and 2 slices of American Cheese. YUMMY! Lunch will probably be a salad since breakfas was so big and heavy.

The scale this morning told me I was down 4.5 pounds in just 3 days. :) I know a lot of this is water weight lost since I was retaining water from having all that salty soups but I still feel great. We are taking a family picture on Wednesday and I am hoping maybe to lose another 5 lbs if I am really really good until then. It might even motivate me to exercise a little.

~Amanda

So much for being good. I didn't end up eating lunch until 3pm and to be honest nothing looked good so I had some low carb ice cream and a diet rootbeer float - 8 carbs total. Then we went to my SILs to do some Christmas shopping for dinner she searved this rasperry french toast casserole. I'm sure it was loaded with carbs although there was lots of cream cheese in the casserole and that would be legal. Hashbrowns and bacon. Bacon good and hashbrowns bad. It was okay dinner but really sweet and when we left the craving of White Castles hit me. I had 4 cheeseburgers. Before everyone panics White Castle serves very small burgers - 4 is probably equal to about 1 Mc Donald's Cheeseburger - but I ate the buns. So I'm positive I'm way over in carbs. Plus I feel bloated from the burgers which were a little salty.

Plan tomorrow:

Get up and do 30 minutes of exercise
B: Eggs and Cheese
L: Fish

Wrap Christmas presents and finish up buying gifts.

~Amanda

ended up not working out today - was just to tired for some reason. I think going back on the Protein Power diet has caused the "being hit by a truck" effect to start in. I just have no energy. I slept until 10:30 this morning and I never ever do that anymore - felt like I was back in high school. I have been doing pretty good today although I did have one mishap - flavored coffee. I wasn't thinking and ordered a white chocolate mocha this morning which was loaded with carbs. But after that I have been very good.

B: 2 eggs and cheese - 3 carbs
S: White Chocolate Mocha - A ton I'm sure
L: Didn't real need lunch since breakfast was so late.
D: 4 pieces of bacon - 4 carbs and some Artichoke and Spinach Dip - 5 carbs.
S: Pudding - 6 and Ice Cream - 8

I had a real sweet tooth tonight - but TOM should arrive early next week so that explains that. Right now I am craving Chicken Nachos but I am trying to avoid thinking about it.

I've only had 2 glasses of water today so I will need to concentrate on that tomorrow and exercise if I can enough energy to do it.

~Amanda

Plan for today:
B: eggs and cheese or maybe a fruit smoothie
E: Taking a walk once it warms up a bit
L: ??? Possibly some Artichoke and Spinach dip with celery sticks - yummy!
D: BBQ Pork Chops and Greenbeans.

Other things on my to do list:
Pick up living room
Get a haircut
take pictures of this one display home
DH needs to finish up Christmas shopping

~Amanda

Well this morning after posting I thought to myself "I am so sick and tired of eggs." So I ran to the grocery store to make a fruit smoothie recipie that is in my Protein Power book. It is 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Plain Yogurt, 1/2 cup fruit and seasoned with crystal light to taste. It is so yummy! And with strawberries it is only 9 carbs. Lunch I had my Artichoke and Spinach dip 2.5 carbs and 2 pieces of lunch meat turkey meat. I got done all the things on my to do list but I have to say I still feel like I have been hit by a truck - my vitamins are at work and that might have something to do with it but I took a 2 hour nap today. Crazy and still feel like I have no energy. I've drank some water and also one Pepsi One soda. I made the mistake of buying some Christmas Bark Candy the other day and I have to admitt in having several pieces :o

Dinner tonight is proscuitto stuffed Chicken Breast with mossarella and I will probably make greenbeans or broccoli as a side dish.

~Amanda

Well, Amanda, it sounds like you've got a plan for the day! Here's some :wizard: to help you be strong! Never, ever give up!

Keep taking things one day at a time.

Erin

I was a little to snackish yesterday and I'm sure I went over in carbs. This morning I woke up very very late so I didn't have time to make me a breakfast smoothie - which is ashame because they are so yummy. I managed to grab some Pepperjack cheese cubes though so I have something if I start to get hungry here. Lunch is going to be leftovers from last night the stuffed chicken breast and greenbeans. Dinner tonight will probably be cheeseburgers or something simple. I really want to stay on program today because tomorrow is our family picture and I want to look thin for a change. I am feeling extra thin today. I'm wearing a sweatshirt that a few weeks ago was a little to tight to wear. Today it is back to being nice and comfy.

Cakes, Cookies, and Muffings - oh my!
Everyone at work today has brought in junkfood - hopefully I will be able to avoid the temptation.

~Amanda

I was a little to snackish yesterday and I'm sure I went over in carbs. This morning I woke up very very late so I didn't have time to make me a breakfast smoothie - which is ashame because they are so yummy. I managed to grab some Pepperjack cheese cubes though so I have something if I start to get hungry here. Lunch is going to be leftovers from last night the stuffed chicken breast and greenbeans. Dinner tonight will probably be cheeseburgers or something simple. I really want to stay on program today because tomorrow is our family picture and I want to look thin for a change. I am feeling extra thin today. I'm wearing a sweatshirt that a few weeks ago was a little to tight to wear. Today it is back to being nice and comfy.

Everyone at work today has brought in junkfood - hopefully I will be able to avoid the temptation.

~Amanda

~Amanda

Happy holidays, Amanda! Keep trying to walk to the healthy walk!

Erin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter