Angie and Evas Italy/Germany Wishes at EPCOT and California Grill October 10, 2014

Nice to see you back again! It's so exciting that your date is coming so close.

I'm glad even with the F&W festival you are still able to use both Germany and Italy. And I LOVE your officiant choice - it sounds so unique and fun? Do you plan to ask him to use his Crush voice at all?

I'm sorry DFTW won't budge on the wording for your wedding. For what it's worth I think the rest of the country needs to stop living in the past and get with the program!

I can't wait to see the rest of your updates. Just a few more weeks!

I cant believe how time flies... we are exactly 2 weeks to the wedding date, and 10 days before we are arriving in The World. We have gone from frantically planning and nervous, to very excited! We have done much planning, and unfortunatly I guess I will need to just whizz through some of our planning and just try to get the important stuff down, otherwise it may never happen!

As far as clothes and rings, it was very challanging to find something for me to wear. I am not a girly-girl and havent worn a dress in 25 years, and even then I looked ridiculous. I wanted something dressy, but not a tux, something comfortable, but fun, and I wanted it to not totally clash with Eva. She also decided to go non-traditional, as it seemed to us to be silly to wear white when we have been together for 23 years and we are not fooling anyone. Since Eva is German, and we are being married in Germany, she wanted to honor her heritage and wear a Dirndl style dress. It then became a challenge to find this style dress in America that would also be appropriate for a wedding (didn't want the St. Pauli girl style!)...so, she took on the ambituous task of sewing her own dress! I had my doubts, but she pulled it off and it looks great! I dont want to show the actual dress until the wedding, but this is the style:

Although I think its sweet she is wearing a German themed outfit, everytime I tried to think of an Italian themed outfit, all I could picture was the Griswald's in European vacation when they lost all their luggage and had to get all new clothes in Italy! Not too attractive!

My final outfit is in the same colors as hers, there is a green, ivory, brown and camel... I have pants, shirt and vest, and decided to go with a mourning coat (think Dr. Who) because I think it looks neat! Kind of hard to find a mouring coat..especially one that will look nice and fit well. Most web searches led me to steam punk sites, and I actually got my vest from one of them and I think its pretty sweet!

And this isn't the jacket, but kinda gives an idea- I actually ordered the jacket from a website called suitopia.com and am anxiously awaiting its arrival (in transit as we speak).

As far as the rings- Eva has graciously allowed me to get my geek on and get us matching rings based on R2D2 from Star Wars... (my license plate on my car is actually personalized with R2D2!). Got them on a great web site called custommade.com

Hopefully it all comes together and we look ok!

Those rings are so incredibly cool and unique!! I have never seen anything like those before! So exciting you're so close! Congratz!

You are going to look amazing in your outfit and I can't wait to see Eva's end result dress!! I can't believe this is all just 2 weeks away - time seriously flies!

I love your rings, so personal and meaningful to you!

Hi! I just read your PJ. I absolutely LOVE your R2D2 wedding bands. They're amazing!

I can't wait to see how it all comes together on your wedding day -- it's so close to your date now! :)

So, we did a newsletter, save the dates, a web site on my wedding.com and invitations as well as numerous mass emails to all invited.... and the most frustrating thing is that no matter how many times I say it, write it, post it, there is a high percentage of people asking the same questions over and over...abut the busses for the events, the disney magical express, park tickets, ect-- all in the last 2 weeks- with the event so close. Now, I know that a very high percentage of my guests have never been to DisneyWorld, and have no idea what it entails- I think that they see it like going to 6 Flags or a regional amusement park no matter what I say (boy are they in for a shock) ... but I have been stressing as much as humanly possible how crucial it is to plan ahead. Much of my current stress is that many at the wedding will not see and experience the Disney Magic and understand why we wanted our wedding here due to their poor planning....but I have to make peace that I have done all I can do....

Well, here is the newsletter, as you can see (if you can read it), we have changed a few events since the start. Originally we had chosen the Boardwalk Inn as our high end resort due to it's proximity to EPCOT, however as we are using out Disney Vacation Club to secure rooms, the Animal Kingdom Lodge was far cheaper, and originally we were going to have the reception at the living Seas, but changed it to the Cali Grill:

And this was our simple "save the date":

And the invitations. We ordered the cards, envelopes and paper online from "Cards and Pockets" which had a great selection, reasonably priced- can we printed them at home ourselves (well, not me- Eva did) and are VERY happy with the result!

In May we were royally spoiled by a quick long weekend trip for the tasting! We arrived Thursday and left Sunday. We had our meeting with our planner set for Friday with Lisa Smith, but she had a last minute family emergency, so her supervisor Janice sat in with us, which worked out pretty nice.

That said, I tried to cram in as much fun as humanly possibly, and we started off the first night with dinner at Be Our Guest and met The Beast!

Another highlight on the trip was having lunch in Animal Kingdom and meeting Evas all time favorite character- the one and only Donald!

Getting to Frank's can be challenging, and since we were staying at The Boardwalk, we decided to walk through EPCOT entering at the International Gateway and walking to the Monorail as we had a lunch ressie at the Kona Cafe (love the wings and the Kona coffee!)

We monorailed to the Grand Floridian and walked to Franks, but it was raining all day, so we got very wet making the walk over! We then rode over with the planner to backstage EPCOT which was so cool to see, and into the catering kitchen. All I can say is "wow"- an amazing kitchen. There was an entire wall covered in 8 x 10 pieces of paper, each representing a different event the kitchen was catering that day!We met "Tony" who was the chef who prepared the food we had requested. He was awesome, and it was then we realized our crucial error- we had anticipated tasting portions- what we got, was a whole meal. We should never have eaten beforehand!

The food was absolutely delicious, and I was so wrapped up in tasting, I actually missed taking a picture of an entire plate offering- the same size as the plate above that is divided into 4 dishes. We were slightly embarrassed when Chef Tony noticed that almost every dish we sampled continued a focus of cheese...but what can I say, we love cheese!
The salad dish is a watermelon, smoked blackberry and purple haze goat cheese and citrus vinaigrette and was delicious! A must have!
The entrees and sides are a penne pasta with cognac cream sauce, artichoke and green peas, the beef dish above was good, but not spectacular, so we left it off- we are having the pictured cheddar cheese grits but pairing it with the not pictured Parmesean Crusted Chicken which was awesome!
Also not pictured is the Grilled salmon entree and another pasta entree that is included. We essentially modified the "Lady and the Tramp" buffet dinner, so we are also getting the romaine based salad, the bread service, and the included desserts (Italian Citrus Cake and chocolate cannoli) along with tea and coffees provided. All this food came out to $60 per person which I also thought was a great price.
We opted for a full bill on consumption bar as well, and will have Mickey bars available- also a bill on consumption option!

After the tasting we went back to Frank's to taste the cake offerings, do the floral choices and discuss all the transportation options and try to line up the day. We chose the marble cake with the amaretto cream filling. We are actually having them make us a custom cake to be designed like the "Tree of Life" at Animal Kingdom, with pictures of our lost loved ones on the leaves (Eva's Dad, My Grandparents and my Brother, and all the pups we have lost over the years)...in addition there will be a small chip and dale inside the truck on the back eating the cake! Can't wait to see it!

The whole thing lasted only about 2 hours, so we had planned on going to the Magic Kingdom for a bit afterwards, but it started raining with lightning again, so the monorail was shut down and we, along with everyone else, made our way to the boat dock at the GF. We actually got on the boat in not too long a wait 920 minutes), but then got stuck on the water for almost an hour as there were so many boats operating at the time, we had to get in line for each dock! So we saw the Poly for a long time....

The rest of the trip was a quick blur... but was awesome all the same to get a little mid-year taste of the magic...

Congratulations on your wedding day!!! (I don't care what Disney wants to call it). How exciting for the two of you! I hope you had a lovely day and a wonderful time with all your friends and family. Hopefully we get to hear a run down of how amazing the day was when you get back :)

I am late to this PJ! But congrats! I know it was yesterday...but congratulations anyway! I hope it exceeded all of your dreams!!!

Tiffiny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter