Animal Kingdom 10th Anniversary

This made me laugh out loud.

we have hours and hours of video that looks like the Blair Witch Project Goes to Italy.

I have good news...the entire thing was shot with John sitting down with the camera on a monopod.

I'd still keep Bonine on hand.

Anthony was a charming and unassuming young man. I'm not sure he realizes how well known he really is. He has a great family too.

I have good news and bad news....

The bad news first.....the podcast will not be up today. As a matter of fact, it is not even recorded yet. Due to everything going on today, it will not be recorded until tomooorw afternoon.

The good news....we have a LOT to talk about and share.

Kevin

As long as ones up by Friday lunchtime, its ok, or else i will have to fall back on an old episode to get me on that 2 hour train! :scared:

I need the gang to get me through!

So, I just got back home and on the boards to see what all was posted about the AK 10th celebration!

I am bummed b/c I was at the Joe Rohde talk and missed Kevin, Bob, and John! How did I miss Kaht Kam? :confused3 We were about 15 minuets late due to a problem in the bathroom with my 3 year old but we LOVED hear JR speak about the creative process behind AK! My 5 year old wants to be an imagineer and listened to every word Joe said! He was cute and asked "when is the podcast gonna come on?" because I told him we might see the people we listen to on the computer!

After JR, we stayed to watch Nemo and once we left the theater my DS would tell us little things that he learned! He is now in his room building his own "Tree of Life" with LEGOS :love: Hearing JR was the best homeschooling trip we have ever had!

I wish I had known Anthony was going to be there, I would have loved to introduce him to my son! Let future imagineers meet! :)

How did they manage to get into that tiny theater? There are like 10 seats (exagerating the smallness of the theater), and there had to be a number of crazy people waiting to get in. :rotfl:

Actually, we got there late and the CM out side the theater told us NEMO seating was not until 10:30. We asked if we were too late for the Joe Rohde speak and they looked at us like they were surprised we knew about it and then ushered us in and I asked to be seated in the back so I could exit easily if my children got disruptive. They seated me on a back handicap row and I noticed one side of the theater was empty! If was not packed by any means!

Yeah..........I cant wait!!!!!! Thanks for thinking of us with the video!

*smooch*

this is gonna end up being a 2 hour show, with an hour for email on... um... friday.

The excitement is palpable!

We are back home.

We will talk about the entire event on the show, but I am very proud to say that I got to meet ANTHONY!!!!!

I finally got to say hello in person.

The Joe Rohde talk was awesome.....and guess what.....John got the entire thing on video tape.

As long as it comes out ok, ya'll will get to see it.

WOOHOO!!!!
Great news about Anthony :)

Looking forward to seeing the video upload :thumbsup2

Kevin did you guys attend any of the unofficial WDW Celebration events. I know I heard you guys say soemthing about it on the podcast just wanted to see what you thought of them.

this is gonna end up being a 2 hour show, with an hour for email on... um... friday.

The excitement is palpable!

Oscar...do you know you make me laugh at least one a day?
Thank you! :flower3:

Kevin all will be forgiven...making us wait until Wednesday night, if the show
is at least double the regular length! :teeth:

I can't believe how excited I am to hear everything! I know Pete has great stories, you guys saw Joe Rhode and ANTHONY and who knows what all else, it's gonna be like waiting for Christmas...or a Disney trip!

Kevin did you guys attend any of the unofficial WDW Celebration events. I know I heard you guys say soemthing about it on the podcast just wanted to see what you thought of them.

Unfortunately we did not. We left the park right after Joe's presentation (we're on a first name basis now) thinking we would still be doing the podcast but en route it was postponed.

I want to say that the folks behind WDW Celebrations deserve A LOT of credit. What an awesome job of organizing they did. I am going to blog about this in more detail but they had a great many volunteers helping folks.

We did not sign up for anything in advance but that didn't matter - they were super nice and we all got lanyards that gave us 'preferred' access to Joe's speech (it was in the Theater of the Wild so it was big enough for all who wanted to attend) and they gave out very professional looking cards with the days schedule of events on it.

Again, I think these folks did an awesome job and deserve a lot of praise for kicking Disney in the pants and making them do things to recognize that many fans WANT and NEED to celerate these milestones.

Can't say enought great things about WDW Celebrations - big props :woohoo:

John

I can't wait to hear the podcast, read the blog, and see the video but now that I know that it won't be out til 2morrow, can watch Idol tonight.

I was trying to decide Idol or the DisUnplugged. Thanks for making my decsion easier.

Oscar...do you know you make me laugh at least one a day?
Thank you! :flower3:

I'll stop if ya want... I am glad I am entertaining, I am basically just squirting out the thoughts I have anyway, sometimes I chuckle to myself for no reason, and people ask what's so funny, and I answer, everything... and that is my serious answer... if you can't laugh and keep going, then what's the point of going at all?

I'll stop if ya want... I am glad I am entertaining, I am basically just squirting out the thoughts I have anyway, sometimes I chuckle to myself for no reason, and people ask what's so funny, and I answer, everything... and that is my serious answer... if you can't laugh and keep going, then what's the point of going at all?

Well, thanks for sharing your thought's with us! You have become my favorite poster! :rotfl: Seriously, I agree with you about seeing the funny in life! I had 4 kids in 4 years an honestly it was hard on me and I went through a difficult battle with depression but thanks to great friends, family and a little "helper pill" :rotfl: I am able to laugh at the absolute ridiculousness that my life is with my four little one's! OK now that I've shared TMI I'm off to read to my kids! Thanks for the laughs Oscar, keep em coming!

Well, thanks for sharing your thought's with us! You have become my favorite poster! :rotfl: Seriously, I agree with you about seeing the funny in life! I had 4 kids in 4 years an honestly it was hard on me and I went through a difficult battle with depression but thanks to great friends, family and a little "helper pill" :rotfl: I am able to laugh at the absolute ridiculousness that my life is with my four little one's! OK now that I've shared TMI I'm off to read to my kids! Thanks for the laughs Oscar, keep em coming!

so the trip where dad watches the kids, with your sister? ...you are pretty much just gonna sleep?

I want to say that the folks behind WDW Celebrations deserve A LOT of credit. What an awesome job of organizing they did. I am going to blog about this in more detail but they had a great many volunteers helping folks.

THanks, as thread wreaks of BLOG!
:thumbsup2

We are back home.

We will talk about the entire event on the show, but I am very proud to say that I got to meet ANTHONY!!!!!

I finally got to say hello in person.

The Joe Rohde talk was awesome.....and guess what.....John got the entire thing on video tape.

As long as it comes out ok, ya'll will get to see it.

WOOHOO!!!!

:banana: :cheer2: :woohoo: two great pieces of news!!

so the trip where dad watches the kids, with your sister? ...you are pretty much just gonna sleep?

Ha! I wonder if Bawb would let me borrow Kaht Kam for a snooze? :rotfl:

How could I sleep with the excitement of a watching the Pod squad record LIVE! We are local so I wouldn't call it a trip and actually that Sunday is very busy, Church, family lunch, costume change (pink ninja camo suit) Live show, another costume change, back to church for son's award ceremony, and then home to do dinner and then I collapse........ and to think, it suppose to be a day of "rest" :rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter