Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL) Direct Sales Incentive

We ended up biting the bullet and bought last night. We love AKL so it didn't matter a bunch but taking advantage of the magical beginnings plus the incentive was a no brainer for us.

Question though on the magic mobile... edocs are done, contract is already loaded.... any idea how long it takes to update in the system from DVC ND to DVC Y?

We ended up biting the bullet and bought last night. We love AKL so it didn't matter a bunch but taking advantage of the magical beginnings plus the incentive was a no brainer for us.

Question though on the magic mobile... edocs are done, contract is already loaded.... any idea how long it takes to update in the system from DVC ND to DVC Y?

Some have said a few days since the contract needs to be close…and full payment processed.

Some have said a few days since the contract needs to be close…and full payment processed.
Ahh, so if someone (me) does the 30/60/90 days split payments (looking to split it up onto our Disney Visa to max out the 6 months no-interest), then are we not "blue card" until that last payment gets charged at 90 days? Thinking about our plans to buy Sorcerer Passes before our trip next week and wondering if there's a hole in that plan now.

Ahh, so if someone (me) does the 30/60/90 days split payments (looking to split it up onto our Disney Visa to max out the 6 months no-interest), then are we not "blue card" until that last payment gets charged at 90 days? Thinking about our plans to buy Sorcerer Passes before our trip next week and wondering if there's a hole in that plan now.
Possibly….since I was eligible for membership extras when I did that last year, I am not sure…but, even if it doesn’t, go to your account on the website and see if the temporary card is changed…if it is, then you have that to use until it changes…

The other thing to try is delete the pass and add it again and see if that triggers a change!

Possibly….since I was eligible for membership extras when I did that last year, I am not sure…but, even if it doesn’t, go to your account on the website and see if the temporary card is changed…if it is, then you have that to use until it changes…

The other thing to try is delete the pass and add it again and see if that triggers a change!
Could you please explain how the 30/60/90 payment works? I’m looking to potentially pull the trigger on direct GF points.

Could you please explain how the 30/60/90 payment works? I’m looking to potentially pull the trigger on direct GF points.

I had to put down the 10% deposit the day I bought...then, I asked my guide to get approval to charge 1/3 of the balance 30 days out...well it was more like 27th as we bought early March and billed it April 1st...and then 1/3 on May 1st, and the remaining balance on June 1st.

Because we added 300 points, I was using two Disney Visas and not one due to credit limits...but, the nice piece is that the last third didn't have to be paid off until Dec 1st...it was great!

They don't offer it and as I said, it does need special approval, but it never hurts to ask!!!

The Guide said they would take a down payment then split the remaining into thirds. At 30-day increments they would bill our credit card for that third.

I had to put down the 10% deposit the day I bought...then, I asked my guide to get approval to charge 1/3 of the balance 30 days out...well it was more like 27th as we bought early March and billed it April 1st...and then 1/3 on May 1st, and the remaining balance on June 1st.

Because we added 300 points, I was using two Disney Visas and not one due to credit limits...but, the nice piece is that the last third didn't have to be paid off until Dec 1st...it was great!

They don't offer it and as I said, it does need special approval, but it never hurts to ask!!!
Ok. Are you paying the balance after the first and second 1/3? So you pay the deposit day 1, pay off the first 1/3 when that gets charged; pay off the second 1/3 and then take the 6 mos to pay the last?

Ok. Are you paying the balance after the first and second 1/3? So you pay the deposit day 1, pay off the first 1/3 when that gets charged; pay off the second 1/3 and then take the 6 mos to pay the last?
Depends on how you want to do it and the credit limit on the card. If you have the limit on that particular card then you can leave it on long enough to take advantage of the six months zero interest. Each individual charge by dvc carries its own six month window.

No, that is why I split it on different cards…so I could take advantage of the full 6 months 0% interest.

We have very high credit limits which allowed me to charge the entire amount.

Depends on how you want to do it and the credit limit on the card. If you have the limit on that particular card then you can leave it on long enough to take advantage of the six months zero interest. Each individual charge by dvc carries its own six month window.
Ok. Thank you so much!

Well, this makes a direct purchase at AKL very attractive if you buy a use year May or later (so you'd get 2022 points) and use Magical Beginnings for those 2022 points. By my math, I could get points cost down to under $136/point for a 200 point purchase:

$165/point with current incentive
-$21/point with magical beginnings
-$8.66/point via credit card rebate

(I've got a card that will currently give me 5.25% back on travel purchases....and it lists "Timeshare" as qualifying. If this didn't work based on an initial deposit charge, I'd flip the final charges to my Chase Sapphire Reserve which has been confirmed by others to give the 3 points/$ which I'd value at 4.5%)

UGH...decisions, decisions.
Just curious, what card is 5.25% on travel?
I’ve got the CSR and will probably knock out a sign up bonus or two if I get in on this akl deal. My guide held this offer for me so I have to decide in the next couple hours…

Just curious, what card is 5.25% on travel?
I’ve got the CSR and will probably knock out a sign up bonus or two if I get in on this akl deal. My guide held this offer for me so I have to decide in the next couple hours…
I've got an couple of BofA "Cash Rewards" cards that let you select travel for 3% back and then I get a relationship bonus multiplier of 75% extra points for a total of 5.25%. I forgot though that it's capped... so I'll be using the Chase Sapphire for the remainder of the purchase.

I've got an couple of BofA "Cash Rewards" cards that let you select travel for 3% back and then I get a relationship bonus multiplier of 75% extra points for a total of 5.25%. I forgot though that it's capped... so I'll be using the Chase Sapphire for the remainder of the purchase.
Oooh, I have that card and that multiplier. I even put 7k of DVC points on it in Jan but didn’t think to change my multiplier. 🙈

Just want to confirm, since apparently we picked a terrible time to be out of the DVC purchase loop (😂😭), this flash sale on AKV has expired and unless you were in previous discussions with a guide there is no means of obtaining the sale prices listed in this thread?

Just want to confirm, since apparently we picked a terrible time to be out of the DVC purchase loop (😂😭), this flash sale on AKV has expired and unless you were in previous discussions with a guide there is no means of obtaining the sale prices listed in this thread?

That is correct, there likely will be more flash sales in the future however. They may or may not be as enticing as this one was though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter